What's new

think its ready for harvest?

ZZTops

Veteran
Your doing Great, nice looking plant...

The leafs are turning because the plant is draining there stored nutes in them for food as your not feeding it, a good thing...

The bigger buds will always have some white hairs at the top because it's new growth, if the hairs are orange on 70/80% of the entire big bud your almost if not there...

The PH is dropping because of the salt/nute build up in the medium and the water is flushing them out, also a good thing...

M

Mybud

Pick a few dry em out & test your smoke. Only you can learn by trial & error. Think of trial & error as R&D reasearch & developement.:tiphat: Crop looks great.

gingerale

Veteran
Hey bro, you are REALLY close to being done. Pic #3 (in the latest pics) looks the closest. 4-5 days and that one is done. You will know when its done because the plant will start to take on an amber tint that should contrast with other plants nearby which aren't as far along. When 80-90% of hairs are turned, all big leaves are gone, some/many smaller leaves yellowing, calyxes swollen (all of the above as in your pics), and then that amber tint, then it's time to harvest!

A

ariston

thanks guys!
Im starting to get the hang of this. The big buds definitely take longer to mature.
Ive found smaller buds around that had most the hairs pulled inwards and no white hairs at all, and around 10% amber trichs. So I chopped off three branches!
Going to let the other ones stay for around a week more before I cut those off too

Heres what I learned. Going with one feminized seed only isnt such a good idea. Especially with Nirvana seeds. This pheno doesnt seem so good... most other pics have much less leaves and I dont have as much trichomes as the rumors of AK47 say it should have (and other pics...)

Going to try Mandala Satori next time. What do you guys think?

M

Mybud

Go Mr Nice seeds route!! The $40.00 pack of Dreamtime is well worth it. I'm cooking Dreamtime, & NHS Am very pleased with my selection. Top Quality Good luck :tiphat:

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Mandala makes some quality products, you would be doing yourself a favor checking them out next. I started the same as you, Nirvana, then I went to Mandala, then a few of the other lower priced breeders, and I have to say the Mandala has been at the top of the heap so far. The satori is good, not an everyday kind of smoke for me, but still good smoke. I personally like their Safari mix crosses the best though, the one I'm smoking now has been one of the best plants I've grown to date. More potent than the Nirvana white widow I had and with a better flavor

DankSide

Its always good to let it go those extra few days, my rule of thumb is wait until you can't wait anymore, then wait another week.

A lengthy flush isn't bad, and I would continue to give pure water. Sometimes, however, a flush too early can have an adverse effect to the calyxes that pop out of the main branches. Those calyxes will be among the first to start dying off - and a few dead calyxes embedded in a large cola is a great recipe for mold.

I had a female out of a freebie safari mix - it was a very decent musky indica

A

ariston

Well it doesnt seem to be maturing and trichs still havent shown any amber. I actually re-fed it because the flush would go on for far too long. We'll see what Ill get out of this plant eventually :)

Definitely learned alot in this experience
Nirvana can say its a 7-9 week strain as much as they want, this pheno needs around 12 weeks it seems

Attachments

• DSC01761.jpg
    DSC01761.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01762.jpg
    DSC01762.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01764.jpg
    DSC01764.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01765.jpg
    DSC01765.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 18
G

Guest 142956

It is awesome looking, I'll bet the smoke would be just fine if you harvested today., are you waiting on the cure now?

GrowBox420

those are some fat ass nugs dude they look better then when you first posted. Those nugs have got to be like a foot long damm.
Happy new years.

A

ariston

nope still havent harvested! apparently the growth of the plant was stunted from flushing too long. it recovered and matured more now that I refed it, and now im flushing again to not ruin the taste.

A

ariston

i did harvest some smaller bottom buds a while ago.
well, keep in mind they were cut off a long time ago and the plant was immature, and they were on the bottom of the plant not receiving much light
I made oil of the trim, and it resulted in very little oil. Could barely scrape it out of the glass
The high takes a few minutes to set in and gets you in an endless thought race. It lasts a good 45 min before it starts going off. Brings many pleasurable feelings. I get high and play Civilization 4 with my friend online. Either that or online poker. It brings out some creativity out of me, and Im a very "logical" and strict thinker.
I have only smoked crappy dealer weed and this was definitely the strongest Ive smoked, even though dealers have continuously claimed to me that they had the "strongest shit".
It lacks taste though. It smells very stingy and lemony - but only when you get really close to it. These buds were airy too.

I cannot wait to try the real stuff!

Attachments

18.4 KB · Views: 30
M

merlot

Plants look great, that 400w hps is doing you well.

Let us know when you harvest and dry, how it all turns out ;)

bigAl25

Veteran
dear ariston, I took my AK 48 at 65 days and 70 days. I cut down the top 3/4 of the plant and let the lower buds go another week or two to let them finish. The mature times on seed sites are just estimates. Your entire light, nute, air flow, enviornment will make any hard and fast mature times variable for your particular grow enviornment. I had two 400 watt lamps going (HPS and MH) for my grow. My buds also had a 3 month plus jar cure after dry which greatly improved smell and flavor. Very happy with my AK 48s, yours look real tastey and give them a proper cure, you will love the results.

A

ariston

know what time it is? HARVEST TIME HAHAHAH!!
here I am, 3 and a half weeks after I asked if it was ready for harvest.
All trichs went cloudy and i saw around 1 amber for every 10 trichs so I said its time.
Seems like a pain in the ass to trim this stuff. I scraped up a hash ball from my scissor, actually quite a big piece, around 1cm in diameter and potent.
This seems like a weird ak48 pheno. It took over 13 weeks from 12/12 start. It doesnt reek as they say ak48 does, and grew quite tall despite all measures taken to keep it short, such as;
always having the lights as close as possible without burning it
FIM thrice
defoliation thrice
SCROG
all this stress might have made for the delayed flowering period.
she also produce enough small, airy and pale (very light green) buds to fill a 3 gallon paper bag. the closet this was grown in was only 50x60cm. For some reason this plant grew rigorously bushy. By week 3 of flower the light (400w hps) could barely get through to light up the medium. flowering was funny because the 14 main colas first just grew taller and taller, but were very thin, like if there was tiny bud sites just as big as the stems, like popcorn on a candy stick. then after a while they start bulking up with ferocity, and then become hard.

Attachments

• DSC01777.jpg
    DSC01777.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01778.jpg
    DSC01778.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01779.jpg
    DSC01779.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC01780.jpg
    DSC01780.jpg