What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Think it will work? Worth the risk?

mountainoutlaw

Well...heres short and simple run through and what i plan to do....experienced cultivators ...think this wil work?

Have hugebworm casting pile (see thread called need advice) .....thousands , and i mean thousands live worms and pure aerated 6.0 ph pile of castings/dirt/little natural mulch.

Inspected it other day with 20x glass.....
Well fuck me running.....THOUSANDS, little small white aphid sons bitches all in it....even spotted few adults in top of mound....

I need atleast another 100 cuft for my purposes (gotta haul it the old fashion way)

And I aint buying 4 cu yards and i damn sure cant get it delivered here,

PLAN OF ACTION.

Setting up 2 55 gallon metal barrels on top block stackef 2 high, fire pit under it

Gonna add bout 20 gal water and get boiling good...gone dump 25 30 gal (7-8 cuft) of this casting pile at a time and top off with boiling water...gonna boil, and watch till i get tired, gonna lid on it...next day dump in clear thick mil plastic tarps fold , and sun bake....then open up, and treat with some detterant...no dilution
..sun bake again, then flush with water and....sun bake one more time.....then mix with my big plant super mix so i can finalize some homes for the young ladies.

Think this will kill all them larvae and everything else that comes with em?

I dont see why it wouldnt....lot of damn work, but nothing that truley works aintneasy, atleast not for me.

Mountainoutlaw -over and out.
20230521_151033.jpg

20230521_140006.jpg

Goota cook in full sun, little moisture not much,

Look larvae, aint gotncamera good enough to zoom in on the whities crawling all over place...only fewnroots in the pile is poison ivy...what the hell the feasting on

Attachments

• 20230522_165438.jpg
    20230522_165438.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

mountainoutlaw

20230530_074944.jpg

Little larvae and plenty little whities running wild. Look at one these i caught.
20230530_065407.jpg

Look i support endangered species and i dont litter...but i hate these damn bugs, they make my life 5x hard ....i wanna boilem alive....wish was way i could burn em all with out messin up my dirt i need....i guess if i had 50 gal tank of 90 percent isoproyl alchol or moonshine i could as it leaves no residue...but whos got that laying round. Hahaha....

mountainoutlaw

The other ones got that little tail pipe so i knew them was the root ones, they can grow wings but dont really fly.
Got some in a jar and gonna see how long they live with no food.

Putting them whities and some soil in clear jars and gonna experiment with some stuff and seenwhat itndoes to em.

mountainoutlaw

Neem dont effect adults and spinosad dont affect em at all.

Heard bout these way out in northern cal. Sons of bitches multiply overnight.

troutman

Seed Whore
Sprinkle diatomaceous earth on the pile.

Normally, outdoors a predator will find large quantities of pests.
Things like ladybugs or lacewings eat aphids.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What insect are you dealing with? Are you sure its aphids? Aphids are widespread throughout the land so it may not matter they are in your soil mix, just roll with it and get them planted. Boiling and baking will damage your soil and hurt your plants.

St. Phatty

OOPS meant to post this in "outdoor 23".

As far as the bug infested earthworm castings - I wouldn't worry IF you can get your hands on some Lady-bugs.

Also it might take a few lady-bug containers, one or 2 at a time, every few days.

Attachments

• IMG_20221007_225718=.jpg
    IMG_20221007_225718=.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Latest posts