What's new

Things you remember teaching yourself to do...

SoloGro57

I spent half my freshman year in college learning to spin a record album (kids ask your parents what a record album is) on my fingertip. It was probably the most valuable skill I picked up that year.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep, you know what they say. Big foot, big shoe.

Damn skippy. I'm pimping my new BIG shoes cause I'm a BIG man. (size 1)

Navy%20Left%20&%20Right%202.jpg

Last edited:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Looking people in the eye.

Took me about a year. As a teenager I found out that people were a whole lot less likely to think you were high, if you looked them in the eye without faltering. Since I was high all the time.... I figured it would be useful to train myself to do it naturally.

When I was 36 If found out I was high functioning autistic... explaining why I hardly ever looked anyone in the eye until my teenage years.

Stay Safe! :tree:

M

MerryPrankstr

Playing the guitar.

I bought mine in '58. It came with a 45 rpm record that explained how you tune one and had three basic chords. I took it from there.

A lot of fun through the years.

M.P.

SADtheOriginal

To use my index finger to flick my cheek and make the "Water Droplet" noise :) Also a back handspring ;) Tried to teach myself a back flip but after a broken cheek bone my first try I decided against it lol

plur

To puke at will. Comes in handy when I'm around people I don't like :)

Also glad to hear I'm not the only person who can't whistle w/o two fingers...

C

cork144

i spent several months in junior high school learning/trying to "gleek" .Its a skill thats done by shooting a thin stream of saliva like a squirt gun ,By simply lifting your tongue and moving it forward with your mouth open.I can get close to 5 feet ,took several months to get it right.Came in handy sometimes ,noone ever expects it....

i do that shit by accedent, its such a pain, i cant even do it manually.

ive actually hit my ex girlfriend in the face with it as we were talking in bed,

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
To puke at will. Comes in handy when I'm around people I don't like :)

Also glad to hear I'm not the only person who can't whistle w/o two fingers...
LOL
My cousin used to tell me about voluntarily puking his bagel up in class, to get out of taking a test he wasn't ready for. :D