What's new

Thing YOU did not know......

RetroGrow

Veteran
Mr. Mustard... You're right.

Shit got weird. I'm out yall!!

I'm licking my weenus and liking it bee-iotch!!

RETROGROW: Sorry, not gonna let Stonehenge pass - if you can somehow make those two rhyme it is more to do with a local dialect/accent than proper English pronunciation.

I will give you lozenge however. Nicely played.

:tips hat:

They both end, phonetically with "enge", therefore they rhyme.
However, I see this thread as lighthearted, so no need to argue about it. Larry King did a show about this many years ago. He also said that no word rhymed with orange.
I tried to call in but couldn't get through.
Accent could play a part here. I believe Brits may say "stonhenge" differently than Americans would.
Just having fun here.
Peace.
:tiphat:

Tronic

They both end, phonetically with "enge", therefore they rhyme.
However, I see this thread as lighthearted, so no need to argue about it. Larry King did a show about this many years ago. He also said that no word rhymed with orange.
I tried to call in but couldn't get through.
Accent could play a part here. I believe Brits may say "stonhenge" differently than Americans would.
Just having fun here.
Peace.
:tiphat:

agreed... for example (IMO) stonhenge in UK the h is silent (essentially) where in the US it's more of a stone-henge, which is almost impossible to rhyme with or-ange.
:blowbubbles:

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
'Rule of Thumb' comes from the old English archers practice of putting a clenched fist with thumb out stretched on the handle of the bow and checking the string just touched it

'Keep it under your hat' is also an old English archers description of where he kept his spare, dry bow string

RetroGrow

Veteran
"ing" & "eng" are definitely different, unless you are stung by a scorpion, in which case, they both become "yowwwwwww"!!!!
Unless you are a scorpion...