What's new

Thin Mint@72 days

Relentless

Veteran
yup, i feel the same way.. thats why I grow just one cookie, once in a blue moon.. or better yet the cherry cookie.

stoney I did try animal.. it was okay.. I really think this cherry cookie pheno will impress people when it gets out.. i feel like its doing the most with those genetics.. we'll see.. ive got some in the dome now thatll get out to people thatll pass them out :D

Mikenite69

Veteran
Me personally I love the cookies I know she don't pay the bills though with her tiny yields. For me though I don't mind the small yield because I grow for myself anyways. My lime cookie cut seems to yield pretty well for a cookie cross and it carrys such a strong minty smell with kush mixed in it's great.

miscbrah3284

Veteran
yup, i feel the same way.. thats why I grow just one cookie, once in a blue moon.. or better yet the cherry cookie.

stoney I did try animal.. it was okay.. I really think this cherry cookie pheno will impress people when it gets out.. i feel like its doing the most with those genetics.. we'll see.. ive got some in the dome now thatll get out to people thatll pass them out :D

you and endur got crazy cherry cookies.....wanna see them in person!

U run animal.... it yields a bit better then forum but still same shit low yielding pita.. but gets bout qp more a light then forum so 1.5 max if ya lucky n have a. Perfect run

I think that's about right especially if your in soil with no co2 and in a 4x4.

This past summer while battling the heat(room never cooler than 85f), I did 1.75 ish per 1k per 4x4 tray. Horti's with unvented magnums no co2. 9 plants per light 2 ft tall and super cropped in Hugo's.

Animal gsc is the best all around gsc strain. Stable, roots fast, vegges fast, good yield, packs a punch, frosty, good nose, nice color, and can take high ppms.

Trick with animal cooks, is not getting it too close to the light. A buddy of mine pulls 2.5 on the regular with animal. Of course that's in a full hydro set up 5x5 footprint and vertizontal/large grostar hoods with horti's and micromole ballast at 1150 in a sealed multi light room with co2.

Growing cookies is not for the rookies!

JointOperation

absolutely beautiful example of the thin mint grown to perfection...

this is one. i have yet to grow.. but.. really would like to lol...

lol. ya, we're just a bunch of rookies..

Don't act stupid. I am not implying that anyone here is a rookie. Just passing on some facts. Getting cookies to yield can be done. But it ain't for rookies. If y'all feel good getting 1.5 per light, give yourself a pat on the back. But me, I'm always shooting for that 2 per light because it is possible with animal cookies. Can't speak for no other gsc strain.

A

acridlab

Cookies r still such an anomaly to me,, every thinmint I've seen looks differently,, and I still haven't seen any that look like cookiefams photo..
Strange... at any rate,, shit looks dank, relentless.

RicoT

Looks exactly like the Sin Mint I just posted in the cookies thread. The smell you described seems spot on as well. Grown vertically the yield isn't THAT bad… The buds are truly hard as stones.

true grit

Veteran
Don't act stupid. I am not implying that anyone here is a rookie. Just passing on some facts. Getting cookies to yield can be done. But it ain't for rookies. If y'all feel good getting 1.5 per light, give yourself a pat on the back. But me, I'm always shooting for that 2 per light because it is possible with animal cookies. Can't speak for no other gsc strain.

I agree, I've between 1.25-1.5 with forum and animal with some good sized nugs- but my homie with way more experience can make the forum put out at 2-3x larger nugs than me and in soil. If mine were as full and jumbo as his 2 wouldn't be a problem. And fwiw I wouldn't say I'm a slack grower :biggrin:

I agree, I've between 1.25-1.5 with forum and animal with some good sized nugs- but my homie with way more experience can make the forum put out at 2-3x larger nugs than me and in soil. If mine were as full and jumbo as his 2 wouldn't be a problem. And fwiw I wouldn't say I'm a slack grower :biggrin:

If someone has a true green thumb they can crush it in soil in terms of yield and quality. Yield part can be tricky and I would def run co2. But I have seen sum truly top shelf indoor organic soil taken to the next level. So much so, fellow growers said the guy got lucky lol. Reusing soil with amendments, teas, etc ....over time is awesome. I personally stick with rockwool to ensure yield especially big pots big plants and rockwool croutons.....never fails. Animal is all I got back in 2010 cause the other gsc cut was culled by some commercial growers who hooked me up with the genetics. They said the animal was just all around better than the other gsc cut they bought. They said it rooted faster, vegged faster, yielded better, purples more, stronger smoke, stable with no seed issues, and could take higher ppms. Never saw the other gsc cut and I'm happy with my animal cut.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Id love to see one of these jumbo cookie nugs grown by experts... i know a few ppl get 2per but they were doin it with crazy high plant count sog.... not jumbo nugs... when u say huge nugs what do u consider huge... 5g-14g+????

true grit

Veteran
Not sure weight wise what his were, but his lowers were bigger than my tops. If I can 4-5oz per plant sure his bush crushed it. I'll see if I can can find old pics...if not I'll just have to attempt his method. But just to be clear he didn't bother with a table, just potted plants he was dialing...and blew away what I was doin size wise.

I havent seen monster gsc nugs. It's more about getting them to stack tight nodes. Funny thin, I noticed the more I clone my animal plants, the tighter the node spacing!

Cheesegez

GSC thin mint (apparently) @ 55 days are we looking legit ?
picture.php