What's new

There is to be no more spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The owners of some dispensories and some of the people that supply them have increasingly been using this site for spamming. Some of these people have been asked to contact Skip regarding advertising. But instead, some have continued to spam their wares while others pay for advertising here.

Anymore spamming will result in the immediate banning of those doing it. This will include such comments as "does anyone know anywhere else other than Craigslist to get rid of the ###### ### clones that I have" or "I just dropped a load of clones off at such and such a place". Those using the PM function to spam will aslo be banned. It's not fair to those that pay for advertising and it needs to stop now.

Skip started a section to give reviews regarding dispensories and you are free to use them. But no more open advertising on the forums will be tolerated. It's also advised that only customers give these reviews to keep them legit.

Last edited:
bummer. i personally like it when people post when and where they have dropped off clones. i think it's a nice benefit - to be able to ask about nute requirements, etc

but i understand that it's not fair to those that pay

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
Yeah, I guess so... but someone like myself posting up in the Med forum that I donated like 5 or 6 rare clones to a certain local spot is hardly spamming. I personally stand to gain absolutely nothing from such a post other than sharing my prize genetics with the community, and giving notice to growers who know enough to know the difference that something special is available. Guess I'll have to be much more careful in the future, because getting banned for sharing with the community would be pretty lame.

trybud

Are we allowed to post up what we seen at a club that we recently visited? A lot of entire threads will be deleted if we cant anymore.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We aren't going to delete any threads at this time, although the colorado clone thread turned into nothing but spam. We will discuss this with DoobieDuck and see what we are going to do. We just ask that the spamming stop.

If you want to discuss dispensories, what they have and the such you can talk about that here.

http://www.icmag.com/viewcategory.php?moduleid=31

This forum has taken a completely different turn since the dispensories started. This forum originally was for discussing what strains helped people and the other concerns for those using MMJ. That's where we are going to keep the forum.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If your sharing four or five clones at a local collective what is the real point of needing to post it on ICmag. I share constantly with my collective and dont feel the need to adevertise it. It would seem if they are truly "rare" im sure they will go right out the door without any "help". Thanks for sharing :)

PondeLftHndSide

Veteran
If your sharing four or five clones at a local collective what is the real point of needing to post it on ICmag. I share constantly with my collective and dont feel the need to adevertise it. It would seem if they are truly "rare" im sure they will go right out the door without any "help". Thanks for sharing :)

Sharing is caring, that's great that you do that. And yes, my genetics are truly rare. Not all of us grow club cuts. Only one of my keepers is a club cut, a no-name mystery plant who has proven her kindness. The rest have been carefully and personally selected from seed... seed that I've researched, discovered and purchased almost exclusively from Seedbay, Seedboo and ICMag members. A few are right from the breeder pack, some are hybrids and line-breeding projects that I've been working on myself. But all are rare and distinctive.

I have pretty severe bipolar disorder, and I select exclusively for medicinal effect, not growth habit, yield or bag appeal. I write extensively about my findings, and enjoy much discussion about the medicinal effects of my plants with other IC'ers. When I happen upon a special phenotype with desirable effects, my instinct is to share it with the community so that others can benefit. The only way I have to do that is by dropping a few of them at a local club, and it's definitely not something I do on a regular basis. When I do so, I truly don't want them to go "out the door" to just anyone, because honestly, most of my plants would make the average medicinal grower expecting an easy harvest in 8 weeks pull their hair out in frustration, which is the last thing I would want to do to someone not ready for such a grow. The most knowledgeable and informed growers I know of are right here on ICMag.

My point is, it would be really stupid to get banned from ICMag for doing pretty much exactly what this site seems to be all about - sharing knowledge and helping one another cultivate the best and most medicinally effective herb possible. I hate spamming as much as anyone, and I agree, it has no place on these boards. This isn't Craigslist, it's Gypsy's private forum, and we're guests as well as members. But for someone like me who has no profit motivation and who wants to share what I could totally hoard for the benefit of all, this new policy is a little tough. It's a real shame that a few assholes who don't understand how to be a functioning part of a community can fuck up something cool for the rest of us. But until the herb is liberated, it will always be a commodity, and people will always be making money, and this will cause people to do stupid things like spam a discussion forum.

What about giving another member a heads-up on a drop-off via PM - will this automatically get a person banned? Basically, I don't want to get banned.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PM's are private communications. Mods and admin having nothing to do with your private messages. We do however warn against giving out personal information to anyone on the site regardless of how well you think you know them or how hard they tug at our compassion strings.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well its easy enough to say you dont profit while having clones for sale at a particular club .. or even being the club owner and saying the same thing you are. Since its hard to tell who is really doing the advertising then there will be none of it. Its easy enough for me to come on and say I just dropped a few off for sale and I make nothing ... mean while im actually the owner and have trays of clones for sale and am profiting off advertising on Gypsys site. Want to adervertise ... buy a banner. Thanks for your understanding !!

M

milehighmedical

I hope everyone listens to this warning... There's no reason to cause trouble. We're all only guests, in case anyone's forgotten.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The bottom line is we don't know who is who, and how many handles they have, and we don't have time to try and figure it out. You folks all know where the dispensories are, and I'm sure you have phones. Don't make it look like we are cutting you off from any knowlege. It is what it is.

And you know what really pisses me off. For the longest time I thought of really sick people or people dying when I heard the word "medpatient". But now I have people bragging to me how they conned a doctor to get a certificate so they could smoke free, or buy from a dispensory. Some people tell me it's as high as 4 out of 5 people are in it for the money and aren't even sick. So are we supposed to allow free advertising to the ones doing this? How do we tell the difference? How do we tell how many handles someone has? I'm sorry to say it but all the scamming and all the crap that goes with it is really aggravating me. The bottom line is we have people that pay for advertising that are getting upset at those advertising for free.

So if you want to give an unbiased report regarding a dispensory, how you were treated and a phone number, so be it. Skip created a forum for that. If you want to be like the rest and buy advertising to push your businesses daily activities, contact Skip....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeah....on the face of things...How many of these dispensaries are actually profit-free enterprises?

People wanting to sell clones/seeds and weed are selling them mostly to make a profit or at least cover their costs....

The same can be said for www.icmag.com, we are here to share information and help grow the community but the bottom line is that we have expenses too that need to be paid and also we would like to make a bit of a profit as most all of those that are spamming/advertising their wares on the site seem to want to as well......so it's not beyond anyone's reasoning that if we are to allow others to advertise on the site then we would like to receive some sort of payment for this service from them......as we do from other businesses that advertise here......

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I say if someone will give up ppl so fast for signatures ... i would think closely about being involved in any other way

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
...any sigs, user names or links with 'clonesrus'.....globalclonage' clonetillyoubone' e.t.c

will be banned automatically......it's clear and unadulterated....'SPAM'.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts