What's new

there here ( what MR.X using ) LED

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
I hope that all goes well, and we can get another great gpw result using LEDs. The results by MrX were kind of dubious in my opinion, would be great to have someone replicate anything near those. I think he also mentioned that his units are fitted with the same emitters as the coming v4 lights. 10k whites, and I guess he mentioned the brand, but has since edited the post because Evo doesn´t want him to publish the info.

well if he is running them for cost or reduced cost then i can understand, but if he paid for them EVO can kiss his ass, IMO...

in fact, EVO is still mentioned in Post #1 of his grow thread.

anyway as far as the dubious Mr. X results, i totally agree.

Dysnomia

Weekly update!

Growth has been fast I can tell you that. Even with temps only around 20'C. Lets hope we can also get an acceptable flowering response which might be a bit delayed because of the low'ish temperatures. We shall see in a few weeks I guess.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

Dysnomia

Another week has passed!

You can really see the different phenotypes show themselves now.
Plant #1 is the biggest of the bunch and with the slowest flowering response. It is to be expected though, as it is in a bigger container as well. It is also LST-d and supercropped.
picture.php

Plant #2 is very compact with a faster flowering response than #1. Also the stinkiest of the bunch so far.

picture.php

Plant #3 is the fastest to flower and has a nice structure. I was also supercropped but has swiftly recovered. It is showing some phosphorus deficiency presumably from the STILL low temperatures.

picture.php

picture.php

I'm still not quite sure about the optimal height of the lamp as plant#2 shows some weird burnt tips and discoloration at the top of the plant whereas the other 2 are fine. I am suspecting it's from the intensity of the LEDs so I will be playing around with the height quite a bit.

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if anyone wants to know, they are not helping fix my light. After 5 emails back and forth with them, and 1 month of wasted time, they did nothing to help fix my light..

kinda disappointing.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well if anyone wants to know, they are not helping fix my light. After 5 emails back and forth with them, and 1 month of wasted time, they did nothing to help fix my light..

kinda disappointing.

I was wondering why you posted about fixing cold solder joints rather than sending it in. Looks like another supplier to cross off the "recommended" list. Too bad, they looked promising and I really like the passive cooling.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's alright guys.. thanks for the comments..

who ever we are talking to "gud" should not be in business, and be in charge of talking to people.. let me post my last email form them to you, to get an idea what happens when you run into a problem from them...

"Hi

The first thing to apologize for taking in answering is that I have caught a cold (?) With fever very strong and I find it hard work ...

I went to the doctor and after X-ray analysis and other ... They have no fucking idea what I have. ha ha ha

But there were plenty of people with the same, say it is a virus, that's the excuse when you do not know what to say, ha, ha

I'm actually sick! ha ha ha

Now I'm answering from the IPAD, on arrival at the office I answer it, again I apologize ...

Regards"

no answer back, or follow up...

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing. Fishing for sympathy when they are supposed to be doing customer service - a bit confused about the job description, perhaps? You would think that if people work on the internet on a daily basis, they would have some idea as to it's ramifications.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking gear. A couple of those with the T5's over a scrog looks like it might hold some promise. Anybody checked the price on them?

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
habeeb, same things happened to me a while back... we exchanged some e-mails, and I wrote him in spanish, being his and mine native tongue, so no excuse on 'language barrier' there...

after he told me they were discontinuing the v3s, I asked if I could buy one or two at a discount price; there was no answer to this question and instead he tried to coax me into pre-ordering a v4. he also sent me two times the same exact e-mail telling me how secret what he was telling me really was... he had no clue I had sent him two e-mails two days before and had gotten replies from him as well...

I also wanted to buy from them a few other things; a couple of tents, the leds, fans, and asked if they would make me a nice deal... inquiry completly ignored; and again he tried to coax me into pre-ordering the v4s... which are not out yet...

they're trying to even have this software to control the leds to get the spectrums you want out of them... imo, making a 180 degree turn from the keep it simple philosophy.

having many good friends who are very serious and professional people from the Basque country, I had HUGE expectations from this company... let down big time.

peace

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is what it is. And it is a damn shame

Apparently something is going on behind the scenes

Hope he resolves it or snaps out of it. He has/d the best design going IMHO

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
habeeb, same things happened to me a while back... we exchanged some e-mails, and I wrote him in spanish, being his and mine native tongue, so no excuse on 'language barrier' there...

after he told me they were discontinuing the v3s, I asked if I could buy one or two at a discount price; there was no answer to this question and instead he tried to coax me into pre-ordering a v4. he also sent me two times the same exact e-mail telling me how secret what he was telling me really was... he had no clue I had sent him two e-mails two days before and had gotten replies from him as well...

I also wanted to buy from them a few other things; a couple of tents, the leds, fans, and asked if they would make me a nice deal... inquiry completly ignored; and again he tried to coax me into pre-ordering the v4s... which are not out yet...

they're trying to even have this software to control the leds to get the spectrums you want out of them... imo, making a 180 degree turn from the keep it simple philosophy.

having many good friends who are very serious and professional people from the Basque country, I had HUGE expectations from this company... let down big time.

peace

yep, I know that guy..

just glad you didn't lose money in the process, only time wasted..

well, lets hope anyone reading if they should buy from them, read our posts about dealing with them.

sorry to hear man, what a piece of trash this guy is...

Shafto

peace

LEDs are monochromatic. They make a single dominant wavelength and barely anything else, unless you use phosphor, such as in a white LED. You can't control phosphor with software though, and you definitely can't make a monochromatic LED change it's spectrum with software.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard yet from an LED growlight company.

alkalien

LEDs are not monochromatic! In fact the only light source I know that is are laser beams. Monochromatic actually means that there is only one frequency. Of course real monochromatic lights don't really exist because even change of temperature will slightly change the difference between electron niveaus. But the peak in a LEDs spectrum is way broader and less sharp than it should be to call it monochromatic.

Shafto

LEDs are not monochromatic! In fact the only light source I know that is are laser beams. Monochromatic actually means that there is only one frequency. Of course real monochromatic lights don't really exist because even change of temperature will slightly change the difference between electron niveaus. But the peak in a LEDs spectrum is way broader and less sharp than it should be to call it monochromatic.

Don't really want to argue about something so trivial, but yes, LEDs are considered monochromatic light sources. Ever read about converting monochromatic InGaN light into white light using YAG phosphor?

The light from a coloured LED is indeed monochromatic, as the word monochromatic when referring to light means it is of a narrow frequency. When speaking about colour monochromatic means you use a base hue and add black or white to change it, still monochromatic. A black a white photo is different all over, but still monochromatic.

No, an LED doesn't make light all at one single wavelength, but that's not the meaning of monochromatic in lighting.

If you're talking purely in physics, monochromatic can mean a single frequency, however this can never physically occur in reality.