What's new

theft at denver pot expo

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
for those who dont wanna hit the link

DENVER | Wed Apr 6, 2011 12:28pm EDT

DENVER (Reuters) -A pot-growing trailer known as the "GrowBot" was stolen from a medical marijuana trade show in Denver over the weekend, and the owner on Tuesday offered a $5,000 reward for its return.

Greg Childre, who builds custom trailers for a variety of crops at his Georgia manufacturing plan, said the trailer was stolen from the High Times Medical Cannabis Cup in Denver late Sunday night.

The 28-foot long "GrowBot" trailer was driven out of the trade show parking lot in full view of security guards, Childre said.

Parking lot surveillance cameras captured the crime, but did not detect the license plates of the Dodge truck that hitched up the trailer and drove off, he said.

Childre told Reuters the trailer is computerized, and is stocked with grow lights and security devices.

"Anything you need to grow in a controlled environment," he said. "It has all the bells and whistles."

Childre said he builds the trailers for other crops, including mushrooms and blueberries, but most of his business is derived from the medical marijuana industry.

The trailer is valued at $50,000, and there was no marijuana inside the vehicle, he said.

some one has huge brass balls

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Publicity Stunt.
Just like FSL applying for a DEA license.

That, or a Methhead with a purpose.

One Love 731

Veteran
108128695_display_image.jpg

C

Chris1

I guess it would be wrong to say "thats awesome" because someone got jacked...but i dunno thats kinda awesome

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Actually it funny as hell,but on the other hand what was he thinking not to lock the hitch so it couldn't be towed. Bet he changes that next time its in a "trade show".

EmperorGonzo

For sure its that guys fault for not taking precaution with locking it up. Someone will not turn that thing in for just $5000 when you can make a whole bunch more with that thing.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
I guess when the guy designed it he didn't realize how easy they were going to be to steal...

I am paranoid enough with rippers now you wanna give em the wheels to the grow too...

Great idea in a perfect world...welcome to the real world. :)

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I seem to remember, wasn't it this guy that repossessed some of these trailers for the guy being a bit late on payments, with full on ready to harvest plants? I smell bullshit, I could've swore in the last story that there were GPS's on the trailers. Hmmm.... if this is the same guy, karma really is a bitch. But I'm gonna have to agree with Rednick, sounds like a publicity stunt.

muddywaters

it does sound like a pub stunt to me too.

ya, i remember some selling these trailers posting not to long ago and everyone said there to easy to steal and he down talked it saying there's tons of ways to have it not happen.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
lo jack
they have it in the original "grow op tech" trailers..

thats how the deadbeat got repoed.
this knock off guy musta cheaped out on the lojack

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I seem to remember, wasn't it this guy that repossessed some of these trailers for the guy being a bit late on payments, with full on ready to harvest plants? I smell bullshit, I could've swore in the last story that there were GPS's on the trailers. Hmmm.... if this is the same guy, karma really is a bitch. But I'm gonna have to agree with Rednick, sounds like a publicity stunt.

Budgood;

I think your thinking of possibly "another" manufacturer of grow-trailers, their is a whole thread here on IC about those scumbags and yes they were doing a lot more than just repossesing trailers, their former investment bankers to give you an idea of where those low lifes come from (I am a former Morgan Stanley/Merrill Lynch employee myself).

I "think" this guy is just a new player to the scene (I could be wrong) who is learning a hard lesson on what rippers or just low lifes will do. I drive a truck and know their are ball locks that would have prevented this ..or at least slowed them down significantly and they would have to have made a LOT of noise to get that thing off.

I wonder if he will ever see his trailer again lol!:laughing:

D

decarboxylator

true. I don't want to laugh at this, but just can't help it. "Dude! Where's my car?" :)