What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The YukonKronicle

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Before I switch gears... I culled this plant but I’m still curious.
What is it? Mould of some sort?
View Image

looks like fasciation! very cool!

fasciated (aka crested) peyote is really frigging cool, too

4hinl5bk6it21.jpg

found this moster on reddit

edit i just realized, you probably knew that and were wondering the cause lol

are there any cannabis cultivars with genetic fasciation?

YukonKronic

looks like fasciation! very cool!

fasciated (aka crested) peyote is really frigging cool, too

View Image
found this moster on reddit

edit i just realized, you probably knew that and were wondering the cause lol

are there any cannabis cultivars with genetic fasciation?
Cool peyote! That thing is yuuuge!

I don’t think it’s fasciated (my plant) although it does resemble it because the top got a bit stunted and caused very thick growth... I believe it could have been B toxicity from an unmixed pocket of soil or more likely some kind of fungal pathogen considering the extreme conditions the green house has been experiencing.
Moot point considering I culled the plant having gotten the look I wanted at that crosses potential. I’m in process of revisiting that one with a good strong pollination from ZamxGuatemala F3 z13bx male.

I believe there are a number of cultivars that fasciation is more common in but none come to mind... many people dislike the disorder and chaos of unregulated vegetative growth and eliminate it from their garden.
I had a few plants fasciate from excessive use of fulvic acid and I thought it was neat looking but still prefer classic growth patterns..

Thanks for chiming in!

YukonKronic

Here’s da green house... been down to 0 once or thrice but everything seems good. Wood stove is going in today.. how the frick did ACE breed goddamn SEVEN foot Autoflowers that produce high grade sativa dominant smoke on their first attempt at it!?
I don’t even know if I can get big one to finish this year but I’m trying again earlier next year so I hope I find another... the tall one also popped about 6 man flowers at preflower stage and I saw seeds developing in the NL pheno next to it so maybe next year I’ll have some to compare to ACE F4s.

Full patch
picture.php

NL pheno budshots
picture.php

picture.php

Auto Zamaldelica
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

Portrait shot of each auto Malawi girl
Hybrid phenotypes first (still pretty Malawi dom in my opinion just shows NL influence in stature and vigour as well as aroma)
picture.php
picture.php

Tall Malawi pheno
picture.php
day

This is NL pheno (I think)
picture.php

And the runt
picture.php

The tall one and the runt don’t smell much... the rest have caramel apples and pear smells with NL pheno being stinkiest so far.

YukonKronic

Loving the foray into greenhouse Autos. Never truly expected man sized bushes covered in bud but clearly it’s possible.

Indoor is kinda neat too.... I got the Kush box looking nice and started pitching pollen around in there... having trouble getting CL males to drop much pollen for a real good pollination but I’m going to move them some where warmer today so that should help... pretty sure I missed the boat on a number of crosses I wanted because I didn’t have a decent pollen drop space.
I still have clones of the most important parents but I’m still pissed at the delay. I wanted to explore those beans!
Here’s the KushBox:
picture.php

Crumbled Lime cookies dom
picture.php

Pinky
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

I’ll get pics of other box soon too... I totally pooched up canopy control on Biker Kush and it overgrew everything else before I abused it flattish and lowered light for others... it’s still a cluster fuck.
Got some MalPan in there I hit with CL cookies dom male twice now and I’m hoping to get seed from it.
Also hit my ZamxGuatemala F3 #4 mother with Combined pollen of 3 Bruce Banner males... that looks to have taken well so that’s kewl.
Need more space.
And a renovation and clean up of current space.
And yes I still owe you guys pics of males... really only two with frost but you know... males..

Tony21

Very nice :tiphat:

Yep, auto's can get big, with big yields, quick too, when everything comes together !
The plant in my sig is an auto amnesia, yield more than 600 g

SolarLogos

I've been out of town for a week and it's great catching up on this thread. I thought I was growing a lot between my indoor and outdoor but man, you must be busy! It almost feels like a full-time job sometimes. Huge job dude, getting that kind of frosty quality in the extreme cold you have to deal with.:tiphat:
Keep up the amazing work my friend.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

I've been out of town for a week and it's great catching up on this thread. I thought I was growing a lot between my indoor and outdoor but man, you must be busy! It almost feels like a full-time job sometimes. Huge job dude, getting that kind of frosty quality in the extreme cold you have to deal with.:tiphat:
Keep up the amazing work my friend.
Peace, God bless

Ahhh your too kind brother! The credit goes to the breeders and the climate! There’s setbacks to growing up here but the long daylight hours and lower humidity through summer are pretty sweet.
I don’t mind taking cred for the soil though.... most of what was needed was near and easy to harvest or buy but once I learned what to get and started understanding what I could safely overdo and what I should leave a bit short and “catch up “ with I found growing healthy plants started getting easier and easier.
I still have a lot to learn about how plants eat but I’m enjoying the ride.
Lol it’s mostly just local rock dust composted horse shit and local dirt and clay... I added about 20% biochar enriched organic living soil (with worms) and a bunch of canna waste and home made fish hydrolysate as well as yarrow FPE and some rotted punky wood mixed into still hot kitchen compost.
I used a lot of local rock dust.. and the clay layer at bottom of bed is likely as much glacial rock dust as clay as well as being a great source of calcium and water.
Pretty sure a lot of that wouldn’t matter without the hella thick cover crop of weeds and nettles cycling it all and maintaining a soil biome full of available nutrition and evenly distributed moisture.

YukonKronic

Oookaayy.. here goes. See if I can find some kinda order to this...
First... some males.. I said I would post a pic... honestly I find them mostly boring aside from basic male traits one looks for like lots of flowers or strong columnar flowering habit. One Crumbled Lime male seemed quite cookie dom and had some frost... lol he’s all fukt up from neglect as I was trying to get some decent pollen drop from him but he just dropped full closed flowers instead. Stingy bastard. I already posted my frosty ZamxGuatemala male... anyhoo, here.
Bruce Banner and Crumbled Lime males
picture.php

Biker Kush (Karma Genetics) keeper will be used in a panama or perhaps a C5Haze cross if Dubi is okay with it... no profit involved beyond awesomeness.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here’s more recent shot: this pheno was underdog of the three but is now throwing very round buds absolutely caked with resin and maturing nice and early with an indescribable scent a little different than the others.. I still might not keep her but I think it’ll hurt.
picture.php

YukonKronic

Here’s Pinky again (ACE seeds BKXPCK) she’s been hit up by BB and ZamxGuatemala Z13bx male.

picture.php

Here’s the Bruce Banner girls used the males to pollinate ZamxGuatemala F3 Guatemalan dom as well.
Higher yielding Strawberry Diesel pheno will be run again and hit by zg13bx male as well as some others yet to be determined...
Here she is. Berry fuel smell and all... not real loud yet though.
picture.php
picture.php

Here’s lower yielding sister with slightly more OG influence.
picture.php

picture.php

YukonKronic

And last is the more OG dom that I’m not really “connecting” with yet but still really wanna try smoking simply because of all the hype about OGs. I know I haven’t done it justice but I ought to be able to see promise if it’s there I figure...

picture.php

Next is the pretty part. I have run very few plants as beautiful as Karma’s Crumbled Lime... this just keeps getting more spectacular and my hopes are high for its last two weeks as I can drop temperatures to 19 C with about 30% humidity and will be backing lights off tomorrow.
I’m keeping both females for future crosses including some Fem seeds maybe. Males will be crossed to Pinky and the cookie dom male has already pollinated a large yielding Malawi x Panama from ACE.... lol I have to check notes to see if I managed any other pollinations with them!
First the Cookies dominant (I think?)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

Next is one with the sexy colours and very nice yields. I think it’s a little more Biker dominant but still has strong enough influence from Citron Cookies to totally change colours and Terpenes.
Pics are not chronological...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

picture.php
picture.php

Smells like a nice lime margarita or something equally delicious.

I owe youse guys better pics in a day or two... they’re caking up. It’s awesome.

YukonKronic

Green house. It’s pretty extreme in there... we finally have cold clear days so highest humidity gets is 60 or 70 if stove stays unlit. Even with stove lit every night it’s been 0-5C in there a few mornings that it went out too soon. So. Temp Range: 0-40C Humidity: 30-70%
Humidity was worse last two weeks. I put in two oscillating fans blowing a heavy breeze at every branch.
Only lost about 6 nugs to mould on auto Malawi patch. Still inspecting daily and thinking about harvesting early NL pheno as its nearing finish and most susceptible to mould so far.

Auto Zamaldelica:
It’s been a little unhappy with cold and I let it’s soil dry too much but other than some ash for potassium I haven’t fed her despite the fact she’s in older more nutrient poor soil.
I’m kind of going with a ThaiBliss approach of leaving her lightly stressed rather than managing to fuck up what’s looking like some nice buds by over fertilizing in last weeks of flower... lol still sooooper tempted by a light douse of fish Hydrolysate over a dust of Guano..

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And here’s Auto Malawi patch
picture.php