What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Wussification of Boys

shithawk420

Veteran
Has anybody heard of those gender awareness camps where parents let there kids decide what gender they want to be?no joke.its mostly women dressing there boys up as girls.for fucks sakes,way to much time on there hands.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
I pity sons of mothers, who wanted a daughter.

'Fear and Loathing' at Sears men-ware: I watched with great interest, if my Dad bought a new belt. :chin:

ronbo51

Veteran
Baby boomers, of whom I am one, have totally ruined everything. The economy, society, all the social constructs, it has all been chucked up onto the altar of indulgence. Kids have never known hardship, discipline, hard work, disappointment in anything that really matters. Trophies for all. Their insane parents have loaded up the world with debt that can never be repaid, enriching the banks and those that serve them. Over 1 trillion in non dischargeable student loans with accruing compound interest will haunt these kids until their wages and social security are finally garnished. The glee in which the baby boomers have embraced big government and all the state apparatus is astounding when you think back to the sixties and the "question authority" bumper stickers we used to see. Young people need to waken from their stupor and ask some serious questions like " how can the bank charge me to keep an account but the Gov charges me 6% on my student loans that can never be discharged ?" Or, " Why is the government spying on me and collecting and saving everything I've digitally done?"
Maybe when these young folks go out and try to get jobs they will smarten the fuck up. After all, you can't buy a home and have decent family working as a barrista while having your checks garnished to pay off that polysci degree.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Yea, Ken state was a tragedy. Not going to debate the histories of generations, I gave my reasoning before, there is no quantifiable way to compare and to me, it's mostly baseless posturing.

My theory is based on technology outpacing morality.

Yours is based on bad parenting stemming from the distribution of meaningless trophies and the dissolution of meritocracy.

If you believe your age has anything more valid and relevant, then you are free to believe that.

I suppose I just view things on a macro level.

Like that second paragraph you wrote about making things easier for this generation. I suppose you can diagnose an OBD-II (still a generation prior) ECU the same way you could a carburetor?

Or you can run a coal plant much in the same way you would a geo thermal facility?

Or perhaps an MBA was standard in your generation just to get a decent job as well?

I'm not quite sure where you see this easier life. Perhaps it is maybe your own human condition subconsciously trying to soothe your ego and tell you that your life was harder?

Or maybe a bit of humility is in order and realize we all occupy the same world.

It's cool though. You'll be dead soon. Before me, probably. I will soon follow right behind you.

Then another generation will repeat this same conversation.

And on it goes.......

What you're missing here is that the easier life happens before one gets to the point of repairing cars, running coal plants, and trying to get a job post college. Thereby making that person unprepared for the realities of life. Although on the car issue I will say it was easier in the past. I have had no automotive repair training, not even from my father, yet I was able to replace the carburetor, fuel pump, water pump, radiator, shock absorbers, brakes, etc. on a 76 Toyota Corolla I had. Now a days however you couldn't do that on any car made today without training.

As for your point about technology, I think you need to be reminded that it was the older generation that built and designed much of the technology you're talking about. Sure Social Media is new but the internet dates back to the 50's and 60's although it wasn't opened to the general public until the 90's. I'd also point out that it was a much younger generation that created things like Facebook, Twitter, etc. If these things are outpacing morality it's due to a lack of morality in the creators and users. Which once again gets back to bad parenting as that's where youth is supposed to start learning morality

As for my previous post, it was in response to your similar list of hardships your generation had to endure. It wasn't meant to make the case that my generation had it harder or anything like that. It was meant to make the case that every generation has it's hardships and that it's not the hardships that define us but rather how we endure and move past those hardships.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
The Wussification of Boys? How about the calcifying judgmental attitude of the older generation? Everything down to "today's music is nothing but noise" is just the same old shit my Dad said to me in the Seventies.
When I came home with my ear pierced, my Dad had serious doubts about my sexuality. And kids are always gonna do the things that push the older generation's buttons. Whether it's punk rockers in London wearing swastikas and naming their bands London SS, to kids today wearing skinny jeans or droopy ass jeans, we all do it just to see the look on (authority figure)'s face.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
picture.php

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Right, but it isn't hard to imagine Sean Connery's crusty old Scottish dad and uncles calling him a fancy boy, is it?