What's new

THE WoW THREAD.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Someone say strawberry pheno?

Who has the strawberry pheno :huggg: or is it had a strawberry pheno?

I had an awesome strawberry pheno back when, lost her though during hard times :shucks:

Would love to find another though :D

BayBHuey

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still kick myself for not grabbing an assload of those DSD when they were $40!

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Wow marlo, that dsd female looks delicious. Cant wait to see how the wifi turns out for you! Forgive me for my ignorance, but where does one pic up some of those relentless seeds? I would love to try the wifi, elmers,and any of the black rose gear. Is that heaths br??

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been a Strawberry fan ever since those DSD's from Rez. I agree Infinitesimal, I wish I woulda bought 10 packs!

Sucks these Ganesh beans are crapping out on me. 1 out of 20 germed, and it doesnt seem to be progressing beyond it's 1st real set of leaves.
I don't know what to do with this last pack. I have 2 germing using the paper towel method, which I never use, bcus Im desperate and trying to get these things to pop.

Hey Dabs, Relentless has his own forum here, and he's listed as a private breeder on Seedbay

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
@Marlo I must say I am a strawberry junkie. I was one of the lucky few that got a pack of Rez's Strawberry Diesel. got a pheno from the pack that had everyone's mind blown when they smoked...always saying "how in the fu** do they do that". Sad thing is I lost her when I got sick and a friend didnt realize I wanted him to keep her :shucks:

I have been on the hunt ever since...funny thing is I have a 818 Headband from cali connect that started off as blueberry, then to a pineapple and now strawberry. I have my fingers crossed but I am confused on the different odors she went through. I havent seen that before.

Sucks about the beans. I have my little ritual for cracking beans cause I cant use the towel method cause my hands tremble, so I cant help out in that department but I am sure someone will chime in

BayBHuey

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

I just soak mine in a bowl of water with a drop of Nitrozime and a dark towel draped over the top to make it dark. it has growth hormones to help promote rooting. each seed pops but getting them past that point in the plugs is interesting because I am heavy handed with the watering can. I have only done this a few time though but each time has been successful. I can see tails by 16-24 hours. Sounds like a delicious strain! is there any better ways to pop them? I have a bunch left over still.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Marlo, I know you dont need to be told how to germ seeds but this method has cracked some old beans and plus I use it because of the hands :D

I use a humidome placed on a heat pad. I then put maybe 1/4" of water in the bottom of the tray. I then throw a couple peices of pvc in each corner for support and then place an egg crate type support to place my seedilngs on to keep the seedlings above the water. Then I use a thermostat to control the temps to be a little higher than the norm to keep the perfect atmosphere. If you allow your temps to fluctuate too much it mays cause problems so try to maintain a nice temp :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I hope you can get them baybies to crack and you dont get pissed I threw that up in your thread. I can edit if you like but this is my sure fire method. Even with clones. Batting 100%

BayBHuey

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Forgot to mention an important note about the thermostat sensor.

The sensor must be submerged under the water in the humidome so that the water temp is actually being controlled. The sensor should not be placed outside the humidome or suspended in the humidome.

Once again the sensor must be submerged under the water in the humidome to control that water temp in the dome that will create a tropical forest atmosphere Under the Dome lol :D

I can get a pic if needed to explain better

BayBHuey

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the info Huey!

Good thread there DF. I've never done any of that stuff to get my seeds to pop. Gonna have to look into alot of those options for the future.

So I checked on the seeds I dropped in the paper towel. All 3 have cracked and one has a taproot about a 1/4 of an inch long. Gonna leave em for another day or so.
I'm having doubts about dropping them into this soil. Probably gonna drop em in some coco, or in a very very light mix. The 1 out of 20 that did pop has stalled out. 10 days and it still hasn't pushed out a 2nd set of leaves.

The WiFi's are looking great. Growing fast and vigorous. They are showing a few differences already. I will take some pics of them tonight

:tiphat:

SourDank

Veteran
@Marlo I must say I am a strawberry junkie. I was one of the lucky few that got a pack of Rez's Strawberry Diesel. got a pheno from the pack that had everyone's mind blown when they smoked...always saying "how in the fu** do they do that". Sad thing is I lost her when I got sick and a friend didnt realize I wanted him to keep her :shucks:

I have been on the hunt ever since...funny thing is I have a 818 Headband from cali connect that started off as blueberry, then to a pineapple and now strawberry. I have my fingers crossed but I am confused on the different odors she went through. I havent seen that before.

Sucks about the beans. I have my little ritual for cracking beans cause I cant use the towel method cause my hands tremble, so I cant help out in that department but I am sure someone will chime in

BayBHuey
Sorry Marlo for an off topic post in your thread, but BayBHuey, I had a pack of chem 91 from Cali con I got as freebies from the mug shop and popped them because I heard so many good things about deadhead og. Got a strawberry pheno that smelled great but was straight garbage.

And I obviously am not looking for fruity smells when I pop chem bx2 beans. Figured I'd share seeing as the experience wasn't good with it. First and last experience with swerve. Sorry again Marlo

Ganjaganjakush

After reading the whole thread, this is exactly what I'm going to do with the glue. My first was a vert donut and I'm near the end of my second, tried vert scrog I think the wall idea will work well for me! Thanks for the inspiration man keep pumpin out dank.

a senile fungus

Hello everyone,

long time lurker here, recently made an account and i just have to post and say, THANK YOU MARLO!!!!

You gave me the inspiration to go vertical, and my setup is modeled after yours. its a 4x8x7 tent with two 315w CMH's on a light mover, custom organic soil mix. i have high hopes for it.

my first run with it will be GG4. i grew the gorilla glue outside this year and it is very bushy, very long branches with bud all up and down the length of the branch, and she is very thin and bendy, and needed lots of support. i think she'll be perfect for vscrog.

one question that i have for you. how did the gg4 deal with the pruning and defol? my two gg4 outdoor in michigan this year didn't get any leaves pulled and were fed organically and they are monsters compared to the indica-type strains that i'm used to. i'm just wondering how the glue took it because i anticipate that i may have to do the same thing in my tent, especially considering that i was planning on having 8 plants in there...

i hope all is well with you, and i look forward to seeing your next run this winter!

RetroGrow

Veteran
Thanks for the info Huey!

Good thread there DF. I've never done any of that stuff to get my seeds to pop. Gonna have to look into alot of those options for the future.

So I checked on the seeds I dropped in the paper towel. All 3 have cracked and one has a taproot about a 1/4 of an inch long. Gonna leave em for another day or so.
I'm having doubts about dropping them into this soil. Probably gonna drop em in some coco, or in a very very light mix. The 1 out of 20 that did pop has stalled out. 10 days and it still hasn't pushed out a 2nd set of leaves.

The WiFi's are looking great. Growing fast and vigorous. They are showing a few differences already. I will take some pics of them tonight

If you've never tried it, Fox Farms Lightwarrior Seed Starter Mix is the bomb. Transplants perfectly into coco, after innoculating your seedlings with mycorrhizae. I fill solo cups with it, and when cups are filled with roots, transplant seamlessly to coco, where the trichoderma kick in, and work symbiotically with the mycorrhizae. Mycorrhizae need to be established first, or the trichoderma that occurs naturally in coco will eat them. I have had my best results using this method. Once you try it, you won't look back.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After reading the whole thread, this is exactly what I'm going to do with the glue. My first was a vert donut and I'm near the end of my second, tried vert scrog I think the wall idea will work well for me! Thanks for the inspiration man keep pumpin out dank.

Thanks for checkin me out. GG4 is perfect for VSCROG. My 1st run had alot of room for improvement. This time should be alot better. Good luck with yours

Hello everyone,

long time lurker here, recently made an account and i just have to post and say, THANK YOU MARLO!!!!

You gave me the inspiration to go vertical, and my setup is modeled after yours. its a 4x8x7 tent with two 315w CMH's on a light mover, custom organic soil mix. i have high hopes for it.

my first run with it will be GG4. i grew the gorilla glue outside this year and it is very bushy, very long branches with bud all up and down the length of the branch, and she is very thin and bendy, and needed lots of support. i think she'll be perfect for vscrog.

one question that i have for you. how did the gg4 deal with the pruning and defol? my two gg4 outdoor in michigan this year didn't get any leaves pulled and were fed organically and they are monsters compared to the indica-type strains that i'm used to. i'm just wondering how the glue took it because i anticipate that i may have to do the same thing in my tent, especially considering that i was planning on having 8 plants in there...

i hope all is well with you, and i look forward to seeing your next run this winter!

You are very welcome fungus!! I'm glad you enjoyed my thread. Sounds like you have a sweet setup too.
GG4 is perfect for this kind of growing. Even better outside.
For me, she took the trimming and pruning fairly well. This time I will not remove as many fan leaves before day 25+. But she throws so many branches, I do remove alot of the small baby branches on the inside and bottom of all branches starting in veg and straight thru flower. This is only my second run with her tho, so I'm no expert

If you've never tried it, Fox Farms Lightwarrior Seed Starter Mix is the bomb. Transplants perfectly into coco, after innoculating your seedlings with mycorrhizae. I fill solo cups with it, and when cups are filled with roots, transplant seamlessly to coco, where the trichoderma kick in, and work symbiotically with the mycorrhizae. Mycorrhizae need to be established first, or the trichoderma that occurs naturally in coco will eat them. I have had my best results using this method. Once you try it, you won't look back.

I'm gonna get a bag to try with my next round of seeds. Not tryna go thru that again..... Thanks bruh