What's new

The worst thing about weed being illegal.

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
The fact that if I get hurt at work......Test positive for a "controlled substance". No job, no insurance coverage = Family screwed.

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!

Jhhnn

Veteran
You really think it's going to make that much of a difference having like 5 plants vs 30? If they're coming to get you you're screwed anyways might as well grow enough plants to make it worth your while.

Look at the legal and med states, they still put restrictions on plant numbers. Look at CO with their limit of 6, what the hell are you supposed to do with only 6 plants!

I think the worst thing is losing your house, your car, kids, and your freedom all for a harmless plant, all the while the local pharmacist is doling out legal heroin by the truck load and the whole neighborhood is hooked on pills.

While I agree with much of what you offer, the answer for legal growers wrt plant counts is to adapt your growing style-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=236262

Just grow bigger plants.

Doesn't mean I like it, it just means there are ways to exploit their rules for your own purposes.

The worst thing about cannabis being illegal is getting busted, period. I take the position that anybody who can grow legally & avoid that possibility is doing the smart thing.

I realize that illegal growing & consumption have brought us to this point, and I respect those who have carried the burden thus far. OTOH, commercial growers haven't done it to make some Libertarian statement, but rather to make money. If weed had been completely unregulated & legal all along, they wouldn't have made much money at all, probably wouldn't have done it, posturing to the contrary not withstanding.

My greatest sympathy is for the little guys who get busted hard for growing a few truly personal consumption plants in a repressive authoritarian jurisdiction. I can appreciate an attitude of "in for a penny, in for a pound" under such circumstances. OTOH, not all of us live in such circumstances, so our POV will vary accordingly.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The worst thing about cannabis being illegal is that this plant medicine is not available to all the sick, suffering and dying men, women and children that it could help or heal. Also, all of the known benefits of this plant is kept from the masses, so that a few greedy people can make unfathomable amounts of blood money. Sick! Just plain sick!

supermanlives

Veteran
The fact that if I get hurt at work......Test positive for a "controlled substance". No job, no insurance coverage = Family screwed.

Bastards!!!!!!!!!!

working in a steel mill and then as a mechanic ,machine op I had them worries for many years. 1 fuckup and your boned.peace from the foothills DAVESNOTHERE

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
i think you misunderstood the point of my story, it's not about going down with plant counts. 1 or 1 million i'm not going to prison for growing a plant...take that as you will...but i'll be dead before that happens.

the point of my story is that those plants are gone forever.

Then you should be making some friends and loaning them copies of your library. Your study burns down..... Get copies back from your friends.

Problem Solved!!!!!

I've kept the same book around for over a decade, even though I wasn't always growing... Ever heard of LVPK? She is my long time favorite and I've passed so many copies around that she will never die....

You can cage a grower but you'll never eradicate a pheno, unless the grower hoards it to death.

:joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts