What's new

The World Music thread

Eltitoguay

O.K. folks. When you just shit into this thread its over. In Germany we call what I did here concerning this thread 'Perlen vor die Saeue.'
What should I aswer on this post?

Ich kann kein Deutsch, aber ich brauche nicht einmal einen Übersetzer, um etwas zu erkennen, das „Perlen an Schweine verfüttern“ in meiner eigenen Muttersprache sehr ähnlich sein muss ... Aus meiner Sicht stört es mich nicht, dass es Schweine gibt, die Perlen nicht mögen, aber obendrein werden sie denen von uns, die Perlen mögen, einen Thread über Perlen andrehen ... Sie müssen nur ihren eigenen thematischen Thread eröffnen, wie Sie es hier getan haben ... Natürlich gibt es auch Leute, die sich thematisch respektvoll in ihren Thread einmischen, aber ihrer Meinung widersprechen, und die dir den ersten Moderator, den sie „kennen“, vorwerfen, damit sie dich lebenslang aus dem Forum verbannen können ...

At least, some of them are getting back on track... We only ask that the theme of this musical thread be respected, without consciously and maliciously trying to boycott it.
..And please, people: the musical waste byproducts, to another thread...

Last edited:

Eltitoguay

It's very good to mix reggae with mangoes... This Jamaican singer prefers avocados...

...And this Spanish singer sings about both, about avocados and mangoes, and about the very hard life that the pickers of these fruits lead here in my country, as well as other workers on the most humble scale of fishing or livestock...

"I know it's my fault for falling into monotony. to search for the reason for being, I know it's my fault for getting lost in anatomy, not learn to believe without seeing,
Rambling I lose my life and the light is never on when I want to start reading, Searching for a prophecy, looking at the sky in tetany May it enlighten me to understand.

I want your charm, my land, which is beach and field. between avocados and mangoes, that's where I want to get lost...
That's why I sing, black sand, sea, cobalt, where the boats rock, and the sun doesn't stop burning....

I know it's my fault the food is in the refrigerator, but I'm just thirsty I'm not afraid of an anomaly, nor of it coming without a warranty.
I know that one day it will break And I know that it's my fault for thinking so many nonsense, and not be like the rest is
And I swear on my aunt that if tomorrow I have another day I will surely do it again.

I want your charm, my land, which is beach and field. between avocados and mangoes, that's where I want to get lost...
That's why I sing, black sand, sea, cobalt, where the boats rock, and the sun doesn't stop burning.

Green, I love you green, green wind, green branch,
The boat over the sea
And the horse on the mountain...
Green, I love you green,
green wind, green branch,
the boat on the sea and...
...marijuana on the mountain...

I want your charm, my land, that it is a beach and it is a field; between avocados and mangoes, that's where I want to get lost...
That's why I sing, black sand, sea, cobalt, where the boats rock, and the sun doesn't stop burning...
That's why I sing, to be able to extinguish this cry, that inside hurts so much, that it never stops biting.
Now listen to my song, a brokenness breaks the night. All the saints who have been and who have been pray for me..."

Last edited:

goingrey

It's very good to mix reggae with mangoes... This Jamaican singer prefers avocados...

...And this Spanish singer sings about both, about avocados and mangoes, and about the very hard life that the pickers of these fruits lead here in my country, as well as other workers on the most humble scale of fishing or livestock...

The authorities should do something about that, the abuse of illegal immigrants, others as well. Spain shouldn't be no banana republic.

Anyway, how about some papaya?

At least, some of them are getting back on track... We only ask that the theme of this musical thread be respected, without consciously and maliciously trying to boycott it.
..And please, people: the musical waste byproducts, to another thread...
Thumbs up.

When I post music from all over the world - why shoudn't I post some songs of my own culture? Here some German medieval stuff.
Meie Din Liechter Schin

goingrey

All the songs I posted have comments from people that like them. It's a matter of opinion and yours ain't worth no more than anyone else's! And were from all around the world. Ya snobs@!

Eltitoguay

Thumbs up.

When I post music from all over the world - why shoudn't I post some songs of my own culture? Here some German medieval stuff.
Meie Din Liechter Schin

...I think you know that my message was not for you; but although I am not an expert in Central European folklore, I have enough musical sense to know that what was linked was garbage, and is an insult to the authentic folk of your area. What you show, whether you like it or not, is authentic, and not a byproduct that they put on you at a wedding dance when everyone is drunk. And I don't think anyone doubts the authenticity of the medieval... Here I leave you another medieval song (between 800 and 900, I think) from the folk of my country. It is a substyle of Spanish-Arabic classical music called "nuba" (which spread and is also practiced from Western Sahara to Turkey); and this specific song and its melody evolved over the centuries until it became the current official anthem of my country:

I guess there is a generally missunderstanding of what is 'World Music':

'World music is an English phrase for styles of music from non-Western countries, including quasi-traditional, intercultural, and traditional music. World music's broad nature and elasticity as a musical category pose obstacles to a universal definition, but its ethic of interest in the culturally exotic is encapsulated in Roots magazine's description of the genre as "local music from out there".[1][2]

This music that does not follow "North American or British pop and folk traditions"[3] was given the term "world music" by music industries in Europe and North America.[4] The term was popularized in the 1980s as a marketing category for non-Western traditional music.[5][6] It has grown to include subgenres such as ethnic fusion (Clannad, Ry Cooder, Enya, etc.)[7] and worldbeat.[8][9] '

For me 'world Music' was and is always somethind cultural, traditional and shows the culture of the country. When Wikipedia talks about 'western music', I understand this as the typical chart-music, which you hear everywhere all day and where you see the video clips as soon as you turn on your TV.
Another aspect of 'World Music' is bringing together those traditional musicans. Often there appear very uncommen and beautiful songs.

For my as a German traditional music means classics like Bach and Beethoven and also medieval music, also when this is not popular in Germany, except in a fan scene. But it shows the roots of my culture. It is native.

And then there are musicans like Ruediger Oppermann who worked internationally over decades in many countries all over the world and this intercultural exchange is something I associate with 'World Music'.

So I could also aks, do Salsa playing Scotsmen already count as 'World Music'? Difficult to say.

Salsa Celtica - esperanza

goingrey

World music is an English phrase for styles of music from non-Western countries, including quasi-traditional, intercultural, and traditional music. World music's broad nature and elasticity as a musical category pose obstacles to a universal definition, but its ethic of interest in the culturally exotic is encapsulated in Roots magazine's description of the genre as "local music from out there".

Brave AI