What's new

The Windowsill Grow Thread (Incredible Weed For FREE!) Take Challenge!

goingrey

Starting a thread on the most sensible, most fun, possibly even most common, but most definitely the least talked about grow method.

Incredible indoor-clean but full spectrum sun grown flower. Free of charge! Ok windows will filter the light, some more than others, you will need fertilizer and substrate, maybe you even heat your home with electricity (or cool it down). But you get the point!

The most fun thing about it all is how you can take a quick look at the plant on the kitchen windowsill whenever you go to the kitchen to get a drink or whatever!

A couple of tips:

* Keep spinning the plant so it gets light on both sides and stays on the straight and narrow.
* You are not limited to autos alone. My best success to date was with a rootbound mother plant, put on the windowsill in September.
* Curtains with white on the window side that are dark on the room side are the best. Reflect light during the day, reduce the amount of house light to them at night (which in this situation also makes the plants more visible to the outside world, doesn't just mess with their flowering hormones).

Are you growing anything on your windowsill? Why not? Tips? Strain suggestions?

goingrey

What's going on in my kitchen windowsill:

i2.jpg

Planted on 4/20. Gorilla Zkittlez Auto from Fast Buds. In 5l of moler clay, planning to feed with hydro waste water.

i.jpg

A couple of testers put out earlier to see if there is enough light already. Both in 1l of moler clay. Unsure about the strains, some random seeds found on countertops, possibly OG Kush and Beldia.

goingrey

The light is good right now for Northern hemisphere South facing windows. Not reaching for the stars but building a sturdy stalk.

i.jpg

Gorilla Zkittlez Auto (Fast Buds)

Reactions: Cvh
Had an autoflower that bloomed in a solo cup, was gonna toss it but stuck it in a 3 gallon pot in an east facing window over the winter.

20240423_153513.jpg

Watered every 2-3 weeks when able to. Maybe 4 times. Half oz of fluffy garlic onion bud. Pots dry out too quick in the summer sun, not home often enough. South facing window would be nice but too many punk school kids walking by.

goingrey

Had an autoflower that bloomed in a solo cup, was gonna toss it but stuck it in a 3 gallon pot in an east facing window over the winter.

View attachment 18995164
Watered every 2-3 weeks when able to. Maybe 4 times. Half oz of fluffy garlic onion bud. Pots dry out too quick in the summer sun, not home often enough. South facing window would be nice but too many punk school kids walking by.
Yeah the scorching midday summer sun can cause a lot of evaporation. Self-watering pots with a medium that can handle drenching (coco, moler clay...) can help some but enough for once every 2-3 weeks, that's a tough one. A couple of times I have increased the capacity of the self-watering pots with an upside down bottle, it's a commonly used traveler tip for houseplants.