What's new

The wife SHUTS down this newbie grower

h2osho

Well what started out on a whim and then good intensions (to become a caregiver) has been immediately stopped. My wife walked into my basement grow area while I was tending and basically gave me the verbal “seize and desist” on the growing.

YES I did NOT confirm my first grow with the “other half”.

I use an old basement shower stall which I’ve converted into a grow room. I also grow vegetables in there as well. However the 2 foot tall Indica’s now dwarf the veggie’s and my 15 year old step-son (her son) mentioned to his mom, “looks like pot” in the basement.

So I told her I’d put on a shower door with a lock. Nope. She doesn’t want “pot” in the house around our kids. Even if they’re locked up.

So I have some NICE healthy plants that I’ve taken out of the light and moved in the basement to a dark area (out of unsuspecting eyes view) and now they sit.

I told her it’s my “head start” on my medical grow. Legal in Michigan. I simply need a patient and send in my paperwork. I’ve simply been slow in finding a patient.

Then and only then I think I could convince her that it’s medical. She doesn’t want “kids to talk” and then parents think we grow pot in the basement. Even if it’s legal….it’s the perception. And I have a fairly high profile in the community with the schools and sports.

I HATE to turn away from an opportunity to help others & help my financial situation.

I think I need to quickly get my “DUCKS in a ROW” and salvage my first grow!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn dude....check out my stealth closet grow and give it another try. or rent an apartment away from home and grow there.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
If your wife has the ability to pull the plug, you shouldn't even fight the fight, imo.

Either submit to her or find someone who isn't so hung up on public perception.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Messed up....sorry about you and your wife not seeing eye to eye on the trees in the basement. You still have time to get an outside crop going.....just a thought ;)

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Time to trade in the wife and send the kid to boot camp for snitching!

boroboro

It seems like compassion clubs are popping up everywhere in Michigan. I would try to find some open club meetings if I were you. If the plants are decent, give them to a legal grower. Later you may get some help finding a patient and getting yourself legal.

I started growing again a few years ago, and my wife isn't a cannabis user. I hadn't used it in the past 15 years either, but decided that was long enough. I knew she would have some concerns, so I was prepared. I presented my idea to her, with a number of solid reasons why I should start growing again. I also had real and convincing answers to all her concerns. Result? She said "Sure, just be careful and don't tell anybody."

It helps to have a cool wife. Don't know yours but you definitely did almost everything possible wrong in your approach. As you now know, it is not easier to ask for forgiveness than permission in this game. We're playing for pretty high stakes, after all.

Oh, and check your reputation points and messages. You can't get private messages yet, but someone may put some ideas in reputation messages to you...

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Wow, you guys have your priorities comepletely FUCKED UP!

His wife does not want him growing pot around her or her children!
Do you understand the consequences she could face?

She could get into trouble and lose her child just for being in the house regardless if she knew or not.

I know you guys just watched the dog get shot over a bong video, seriously his wife has every right to want to protect her freedom.

He Isnt legal! Period.
If he was legal its a different story on who is more important to him.

hazy

Veteran
haha.
sorry, couldn't help it. hehe.

Hey h2osho, you remember what the Irishman in Braveheart said to William Wallace when he told him that he had talked to God about it, and he, (the Irishman) was going to come out alright, but about WW he says, "your fooked."

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Centrum's got a point....coming from a Mother in waiting, my medical grow even has to be moved and we're completely fuckin legal, ahem....state legal. Which means shit. PoopyTea ever made a stupid decision concerning my kid, I'd castrate him. I've been without children for 29 years, so it's easy for me to want to persecute the wife alot, but now I'm gonna have a baby this year, shit changes completely. It sucks ass, but he and I both knew the grow was going when we found out about the baby....just to another location ;)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Time to trade in the wife and send the kid to boot camp for snitching!

Haha I like it, there's about 3 billion women on the planet, far fewer ways to make money. And you can ALWAYS make more kids.

Man if my wife read this she'd smack me though. My priorities are not where she'd like them anyway, lol.

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Haha I like it, there's about 3 billion women on the planet, far fewer ways to make money. And you can ALWAYS make more kids.

Man if my wife read this she'd smack me though. My priorities are not where she'd like them anyway, lol.
Make more kids??? Read his post again, that's some other guys kid he's supporting along with the wife.
He needs to get legal
She needs to relax
Other guys kid need to STFU

Leon Brooks

Make more kids??? Read his post again, that's some other guys kid he's supporting along with the wife.
He needs to get legal
She needs to relax
Other guys kid need to STFU

roflmao:laughing:

true
true
and true

my whole setup was 70/30, my wife being the 70. and we are having a baby in nov. i love my wife.

B

bipotato

70/30 meaning what? Decision to go with it? Or % ownership? Or...?

Frozenguy

Veteran
She has a legitimate point. Even though it is legal, it does change peoples perception of you and for a 15 year old kid going through a school that you are involved in, that could get unhealthy.

Maybe he wont tell anyone but kids talk to their best friends who talk to their friends..

Even if you stealth it out you need to hide the stealthed box because then your son knows your lying to him and it makes things fishy.

And it brings in the possibility of cops knocking down your door and shooting your dogs, or hamster if you dont have dogs and have a hamster. Even if you are legal, doesn't that just pose as a defense in court usually?

barth

I feel for you bro. My wife is pretty cool about it. She doesnt use cannabis and doesnt care about me growing. She agrees with a few points about growing your own.

saves money over retail.
cleaner product, Know what is in it.
dont need to risk getting arrested buying off the streets.
Just a plant, im not doing anything wrong.

My setup is super stealth and my 14 yo step son would never find it. I did have a plant outside last year that i thought was hidden well. Well my step son pointed out to me that he saw it. His mom told him to keep his mouth shut and don't mess with it. He did as far as we know.

I live in Cali so maybe the public perception is different.