What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The White: Interview with an Elusive Lady

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I have a cut of The White from Dark Heart Nursery. I'll be putting it into bloom later this month. Post a pik of it in a couple days, expecting great things:tiphat:

Dankwolf

Update on suposed "the white"

Update on suposed "the white"

Went out late should finish by end of november lol.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
The White clone DHN
picture.php
[/IMG]

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Looks like the same cut i have . ming is nitrogen sensitive and just a pain all the way around

That's not good for me to hear. I run a perpetual with blumats so they all get the same V+B feed at 1.2-1.3ec in bloom. Two out of my last 25 strains were N sensitive. I just let them go with claw and they give a reduced yield for sure. I just never grow them again if they are N sensitive. Been vegging this one for a couple months at 1.1ec and haven't had any problems at all with it. It didn't grow as fast as my other strains is only difference I've seen.:tiphat:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Actually looking at the little dip on the end of some of my fan leaves is a sure sign this plant is N sensitive. Damn, might have to handwater lower feeds to this girl.:biggrin:

Dankwolf

Sorry if its the same cut as me its also a pm magnit. i have tried her twice indoor and am giving her a shot out side. Before i have to ditch her .

Indoor: pm magnit if packed in to tight sog style( room was in check). Lots of stretch / long internode spacing ( under 1000 hps in air cooled hood ). Had to harvest both time 20 or so days early . smoke was still good enough to stand up to full term plants .

Out door : less pm / less stretch :)

Maybe run her under mh. Or mh side of grow room if you can to reduce stretch . if its like my cut

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
At least 15 years ago a friend of mine in Mendocino had a similar strain to the White. Looks exactly the same, I assume similar hashy not skunky taste. I started calling it the 'Frostillicus'. Can't remember if it came from a set of clones from Humboldt or if it was from his seeds. The yield wasn't the best but awesome smoke.
I think about those clones from Humboldt now, Trainwreck, Snow, Superskunk, bunch of other kill stuff. I still pester him about it when I see his seeds. 'Where's the Frostillicus?" It's long gone with all the other kill stuff. This is too short, this is too stretchy, this finishes too late, I want to try this new stuff...

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lineage and History

First things first, this is not an open debate here are the facts. Some direct quotes from the man himself, between the two of them it pretty much covers everything to do with the genetics, how the name orignanated and where she came from.

Krome: “My favorite plant in the garden. It's got a few names around my way, but the most common is simple "the white." For me, this is the one that I judge all others by. This one has the high, flavor, potency, looks, everything. The only thing is that it yields like crap. I got it as a clone about 8 years ago from a friend and haven't stopped growing her since. From what I've gathered it was from some seeds called "the triangle". Some friends grew it out and weren't too thrilled and gave a cut to a friend. When he grew it it was the bomb! It's been around in clone ever since.”

Krome: “My strain "the white" has no relation to white widow to the best of my knowledge. It's called the white for one reason only. The color of the buds when finished. Looks like they were just rubbed in confectionary sugar or something. The real name of the strain is "Triangle." Got the name from being a 3 way cross. Has nothing to do with location, as I'm far away from Cali and to the best of my knowledge, it was born and raised in my home town. The triangle kush is another local strain that's been around for years. I really don't want to get into its origins as it always seems to start a heated debate.”

Stay Safe,

Lucid

***This Thread is a work in progress, I will be finishing and adding pics in as I go please bare with me.***

Been a long time member...The White is really old news around my parts, but the new news to me is the lineage listed here. I may remember things wrong, but I would bet with 100% confidence that my memory is correct. I remember the white when it was first unveiled on these boards as being originated from Female Seeds Northern Lights in a post directly from him. This was stated in the post by him and all of those seeds were abruptly sold out the next few days on seedboutique and FMS eventually quit making the line...I remember this distinctly because I waited too long to order and they were sold out. The picture used to promote their product was pretty much a picture perfect copy of it even before 'the white' was announced they used had the pic. It was touted as a 1 in a million seed from that stock...I remember this exactly. I find it really weird that this is now the lineage explanation.

Now it is just a random cut? Hmmm...The White cut also is bland has low odor smells of pine and earth...very NL like and very FMS NL description. I find it very odd this is now the story of the white...

I have never been one for rumors or speaking of things you're not knowledgeable on and presenting it as fact but I do present this as fact and always have and how my memory of these events could be wrong would be really mind boggling to me.

Dankwolf

The cut i have labeled as the white has almost no oder what so ever . i have yet to get past 40 days of flower do to pm problums every time .

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, it's well known in the breeding community for its blandness and really low odor just like the indica NL pine varieties. I am just surprised, although I shouldn't be, that someone wanted to turn it into "their cut" and not give it's breeder any credit. It was a FMS Northern Lights product always has been and always will be. Sad what the internet and fame chasing does to people. I am quite sure I will receive a lot of hate for this, but it's the truth.

Dankwolf

Yeah, it's well known in the breeding community for its blandness and really low odor just like the indica NL pine varieties. I am just surprised, although I shouldn't be, that someone wanted to turn it into "their cut" and not give it's breeder any credit. It was a FMS Northern Lights product always has been and always will be. Sad what the internet and fame chasing does to people. I am quite sure I will receive a lot of hate for this, but it's the truth.

No hate from me lol. Its just another plant and as far as who or where it came from has no intrest to me . i wanted this cut for one and only one reason and that is its like jothing i have grown past that unfortunately i plan on dithing her . it has wasted a full run twice .

Dankwolf

I am a breeder first and a grower second but "the white" does not fit any of my projects at the moment . i have plenty of gliter. i am sifting through elites/hyped strains then i will be spending a good year looking for a promising male or 5 .

Dankwolf

What gets me about "the white" is it stanks so good in veg then soon as flower starts kicking the smell goes away ?

Also it stretched way to much and did not stack nodes under a 1000 w hps ?

I did a s1 seed run with the white and my cotton candy . only reason was so i could grow a few out and call it white candy lol . not a breeding projext as far as i am concerned.

Last edited: