What's new

The Walking Dead

Ph-patrol

Veteran
For those of you who watched Z Nation...... the trippy walking dead rip off.They just dropped season 3 on netflix.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That finale and Premiere!!

The negan story seems like its at an end. of course they leave it open ended. but i feel negans crew will like ricks way much more. not sure what could be the next obstacle for the crew. they seem to have overcome the worst here. it will be interesting to see how they can be challenged moving forward.

Morgan officially crossed over. it looks like fear the walking dead is ramping up for big things. last season was better, this one looks to be the best so far. new big name cast members.

G

ganjygav

That finale and Premiere!!

The negan story seems like its at an end. of course they leave it open ended. but i feel negans crew will like ricks way much more. not sure what could be the next obstacle for the crew. they seem to have overcome the worst here. it will be interesting to see how they can be challenged moving forward.

Morgan officially crossed over. it looks like fear the walking dead is ramping up for big things. last season was better, this one looks to be the best so far. new big name cast members.

Shh UK don't get to watch it until tonight. Then I will be back in the morning with my thoughts lol

G

ganjygav

Since one or two seasons, TWD bores me really. Always the same.

I get what you're saying but I think it's true to what would really happen if people were really in that situation.
I'm not talking zombies but any civilisation ending event that left people without government and structure. People would clan and then raid others clanships for supply's.
Just like we did in history.

G

ganjygav

Looks like next season will be more about zombies again with that herd not far off.
There has to be a new human nemesis element coming as well seeing as that was the end of the saviours.
So maybe we will meet the the whisperers next season walking amongst that herd.

Im really getting into ftwd. I watched the previous seasons over the last month as I never really paid attention to it before.
I was shocked to see Morgan appear in the first episode. I thought it would take a couple of episodes but I liked how it happened.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
I get what you're saying but I think it's true to what would really happen if people were really in that situation.
I'm not talking zombies but any civilisation ending event that left people without government and structure. People would clan and then raid others clanships for supply's.
Just like we did in history.

Yes, you are right ganjay, but I have to confess that´s to much negative energy for me, evening by evening for the while of a season. I was a fan from the first moment, buying all the comics also.:)

G

ganjygav

Yes, you are right ganjay, but I have to confess that´s to much negative energy for me, evening by evening for the while of a season. I was a fan from the first moment, buying all the comics also.:)

I tried to read the comics but didn't enjoy them.
You are not alone. I've seen a lot of comments on YouTube about the show being emotionally draining on some people.
A lot of people stopped watching it for that reason it seemed.
The only show that made me feel depressed was breaking bad and that was when it ended.
I don't watch normal TV only boxsets and movies.
I sat and watched breaking bad and nothing else for quite some time. When I watched the last episode I got all depressed lol.
Couldn't belive what I was feeling because of some TV program show ending. Even though it had stopped showing on TV the year before.

With TWD I think it's the shock of how horrible the characters you get to know die. I've never known a TV show like it.
At the same time it can make you feel happy and excited as well. I whooped when all the saviours guns back fired and wiped the majority of them out. 2 mins before that scene I was hating Eugene and wanted him to be killed by Rick's group then all of a sudden he's a good guy again.
Its a roller-coaster of emotions this show.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Yes, things have changed, I mostly don´t watch TV in realtime. I record documentations or movies and watch them when I want. Normally 2 parts of a tv Serie, than a documentation and then I am so stoned, that it doesn´t really matter what´s on the screen.:biggrin:

G

ganjygav

Yes, things have changed, I mostly don´t watch TV in realtime. I record documentations or movies and watch them when I want. Normally 2 parts of a tv Serie, than a documentation and then I am so stoned, that it doesn´t really matter what´s on the screen.:biggrin:

I'm the same. I always end the night with Cartoons lol family guy, American dad or Rick and morty.
I'm so high by this time and I've watched enough horrible stuff already I need the funny.
I set the TV timer to turn the TV off after 2 hours and I fall asleep this way.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
Ha ha, that´s funny, what a small world! American dad or Family guy are running here on any channel in the night also.:biggrin:

One of the first Zombies they showed in the 50s in a movie.

picture.php

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And its right on to FTWD. Its looking to be a great season filled w alot of new characters and obstacles. Happy to see Morgan, and the gunslinger is cool. I can't help but think of his character Burt on Raising Hope. hes a wicked idiot on that show. Haha. But he was on deadwood, which fits this role better.

This Charlie girl is a little fucker! the trading little shit. You know the baseball stadium doesn't work, but it's very interesting to see how it pans out.

a big question on TWD. is maggie going after rick and machone, or is she just still figuring out a way to kill negan?? I cant see Darryl wanting to kill rick. of course they needed to leave a cliff hanger.

NotYourSaviour

Just my 0,02 cents again

Just my 0,02 cents again

@hermanthegerman
Just noticed you're collecting the comics and since I commented on that thread a while ago I highly recommend to you and of course others to take a look at Crossed by Garth Ennis. Just go to your local comic shop and pick up volume 1 even if you don't like it it's far away from being a bad buy I reckon and I even assume liability:biggrin:.

Background is I came across it since it's from my beloved and favourite Northern Irish comic author so keen on hating religion and super heros and I get almost everything from him. Funny thing is I didn't even know about Walking Dead but they said it's 'inspired' by that one. Compared to the Walking Dead Crossed orginally was planned as a one shot but was successful enough so they carried on(with more or less new authors each volume and Garth Ennis returning to it every now and then). See, significant difference to the Walking Dead is that there is only one group trying to survive each volume and it is way more gory and extreme than the Walking Dead. They're no zombies but people getting infected by a sort of disease nobody knows about and this turns into an violent epidemic. So provocation is the main point about it but if you take a closer look there are interesting sociology aspects, too. Similar to the Walking Dead, while that is way less violent.

Personally I borrow The Walking Dead from a friend who collects the comics ; don't know about the serial as I prefer books anyway and don't own a TV set since ages. Over the decades I developed a strong distaste for soaps which The Walking Dead is basically to me. I though enjoy the read, especially dig the sociologically respectively philosophically thingy about it when groups try to survive but wouldn't pay for it as it is an indefinite soap and that's why more or less boring. You know everything has come to an end, right(if you cinematize a book this is too often disappointing as a movie and a book is sorta different and should be rated separately as a movie can only put certain emphasis to a book and so is art in its own way. Though you could use finalized serials to cinematize a book these days)? I agree with many readers when following the discussion that the Walking Dead is now quite repetitve ; hope Robert Kirkman will finish this one day.

'nuff said! Enjoy what ever you prefer yourself:)!

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
With Crossed I am through either. The whole Zombie and massacre Comics or movies are a Little bit to much after all the years.

NotYourSaviour

@hermanthegerman

Coincidence? Regarding what? It's all about destiny new agers say so that's why we met here probably:laughing:!

By the way since I'm strongly into philosophy of language I know you can translate every language into an other ; 'totgelaufen' is simply 'fizzling out' in English roughly(considering context). If this wouldn't be the case with understanding everything in general we couldn't even understand roughly something supposedly unfamilar if you get my point:). Old hat.

Read your comment before you changed it a bit but couldn't come round to respond yet ; however don't worry about your English but I can imagine it is annoying at times, 'Practice makes perfect' and all that though forget about being 'perfect' as it's all about trying and idealism(never to be achieved in the end, really:biggrin:).

Anyways, nice you know Crossed and have similar thoughts ; every genre has come to an end or turns generic at one point that's life I think and a matter of experience in general with certain subjects.
Strong point with Crossed is every issue there is a different group trying to survive and often their fight is pointless and they are killed in the end.

Let's see what comes next!

Latest posts

Latest posts