What's new

The Walking Dead

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Daryl is not gonna be happy!

Tyrese is not gonna be happy!

What would you have done if you were Rick? Me? I probably would have taken her back to the group and let the council decide.

A lot of allegories in the show for leaving, changes, "time" to move on. The future doesn't look good for our intrepid band of walking tv dinners!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

does it bother anyone else that nobody's ever scrounged up a shortwave radio to see who else is out there??? shortwave antennae are so obvious looking from even a long distance, easy pickin's wherever they might find themselves.

that would be the kind of shit I'd search for.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
also fairly interesting.......

also fairly interesting.......

I saw this a few days ago somewhere.

HuffPost TV George Romero article

George A. Romero: 'The Walking Dead' Is A Soap Opera With Occasional Zombie

George A. Romero, yes the zombie/horror guru, was asked to do "The Walking Dead," but turned the AMC series down. That's no secret. However, in a new interview with The Big Issue, Romero said the hit cable series was lacking a crucial element.

"They asked me to do a couple of episodes of 'The Walking Dead' but I didn't want to be a part of it," Romero told The Big Issue. “Basically it's just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what’s happening now."

In 2011, Romero said he loves "The Walking Dead" comics, but hadn't seen any of the episodes at the time. "Listen I love Frank [Darabont], I know he's done a good job. I love the books, I never watched any of the episodes because… my zombies are sort of my own. I didn't want to be part of it. Producers called and said, 'do you want to direct some of these,' and I said no. Because I just didn't think it was me," he told io9.

In a 2012 interview, Romero said "The Walking Dead" was a little "too close for comfort."

Night of the Living Dead, doesn't get any better than that, can be found on YouTube.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they need to find a decent size Island like Angle Island in SF BAY clear the dead then make that home. They need to make a safe place to set up a new home, That prison has to go. They need generator's If they have a good supply of gas if not a wind mill. I don't think there smart enough to do solar??some battery banks. yada yada yada lol... I got my bug out pack ready to go. Im headed to Angle Island. Its close enough to make trips to shore for supplies.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I saw this a few days ago somewhere.

HuffPost TV George Romero article

George A. Romero: 'The Walking Dead' Is A Soap Opera With Occasional Zombie

George A. Romero, yes the zombie/horror guru, was asked to do "The Walking Dead," but turned the AMC series down. That's no secret. However, in a new interview with The Big Issue, Romero said the hit cable series was lacking a crucial element.

"They asked me to do a couple of episodes of 'The Walking Dead' but I didn't want to be a part of it," Romero told The Big Issue. “Basically it's just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in what’s happening now."

In 2011, Romero said he loves "The Walking Dead" comics, but hadn't seen any of the episodes at the time. "Listen I love Frank [Darabont], I know he's done a good job. I love the books, I never watched any of the episodes because… my zombies are sort of my own. I didn't want to be part of it. Producers called and said, 'do you want to direct some of these,' and I said no. Because I just didn't think it was me," he told io9.

In a 2012 interview, Romero said "The Walking Dead" was a little "too close for comfort."

Night of the Living Dead, doesn't get any better than that, can be found on YouTube.

I agree with his Romeroness, it is a soap opera! His classic movie, was an allegory on racism. The "Oh, Rick!" "Oh, Lori!" "Oh, Shane!" ran me out of my seat and I missed a few shows the second season because of it. I was about to give up on it altogether when they started the third season with that crap! Killing off Lori's character, ("Rick! You never do anything right!" "Woe is me! Whatever, shall I do?") helped a lot towards regaining a sense of fear and injustice The Living Dead portrayed. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some "I'm gettin' the vapuhs!" drama, as interacting humans will sometimes do that! But, a lot of it has worn thin with me.

I would have liked to have seen a show or three by Romero! C'est la vie!

Just a guess here, I think it's the little blonde girl (Lizzie?) that's feeding the rats to the zombies! Kids! Whadda ya gonna do? :dunno:

Edit: Just wondering out loud here, might the Gov have something to do with the zombie herd heading towards the prison?

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
they need to find a decent size Island like Angle Island in SF BAY clear the dead then make that home. They need to make a safe place to set up a new home, That prison has to go. They need generator's If they have a good supply of gas if not a wind mill. I don't think there smart enough to do solar??some battery banks. yada yada yada lol... I got my bug out pack ready to go. Im headed to Angle Island. Its close enough to make trips to shore for supplies.

Zombies...are dead.... they don't breath.... they can walk thru/under the water.... right up to U'r island and wreck havoc all over again....
also the stacking effect can form a zombie bridge...if faced w/ millions .... which is what is in the bigger cities.... that why they stay rural......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have not seen them do this trick and I doubt that they ever would make it across with the current in SF bay its a long way plus the sharks we have. Walking under water is almost impossible. Even with Scuba gear its very difficult to walk on the bottom I have tried it doesn't work well at all. The dead would have even more difficulties doing that. To bridge with Body's would take billions from mainland to angel Island with the current the body's would not stay. I'm finding different info on the distance but its close to a mile and very deep.. I'm confident with a group of people we could make the Island safer then that Prison. Plus Alcatraz is just around the corner If we need to lock up ourselves lol.;)

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These guys are located somewhere in Maryland at present correct? There are at least a few islands off the coast of North Carolina that might work. Close enough to make a pilgrimage...SF Bay is out of the question, as far as traveling goes.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where is the president in all this. those guys would be the first to hit the underground bunkers...I know they said something about him but I don't remember
She's going to meet up with the govner

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

simple fences give those zombies a real hard time, they'd never make across the SF Bay due to the tidal currents alone, never mind the rest of the obstacles also stated above. These zombies think & act individually even though they do travel in herds, there is no organization or leaders amongst them. Agreed, the distance to California and the dangers crossing the USA are too great, the east coast has a lot of islands to occupy.

Get to N. Carolina and hit every military base and national guard armory for awesome weaponry. Locate the best island (S Carolina warmer weather) including storm shelters for hurricane protection, if accessible by bridge simply fence it off, to deter attacks from other living & thinking folk just plant IED's & booby traps strategically.

and find a frigging shortwave radio.......

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
have someone in the group learn to fly so they can reconnoiter then report back on the short wave. A helicopter would be my first choice. These would work well for Island living. Plus and easy way to get the weapons back. I was just looking at Angel Island they have a missile battery I didn't know that.. What ever Island you pick it needs to have some basic needs to survive. It cant be just a rock. Fresh water, Good soil to grow my veggies, Cannabis, Mushrooms, Fruits, Opium. You get the idea ;) im not sure if I would want Pork or livestock. Plenty of sea life to eat.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I suppose, zombies don't have to necessarily walk underwater; they will float and currents can drive the bodies ashore. You're going to need sentries 24/7 and that implies enough people to cover all the bases for that, food, water, and medical. Which means a bigger island. Which means more people. There is safety in numbers, but there comes a point where too many, endangers everyone! Still, I just don't like the idea of locking myself into a place that has no exit. :peek:

Maybe a better idea would be to have more than one safe place to go to. Woodbury would be one, the prison, another, etc. lol...Sort of like a prairie dog town. 10 foot chain-link fences some distance away from your "safe house" and surrounding good sized areas for crops and livestock would make things a bit safer. Zombies won't eat vegetative matter and you could keep the safe area relatively small (i.e. easier to defend). Colder climes would be a good start, too. A night or two of sub-zero temps up north would hold zombies in place for easy pickings. :bashhead:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
wtf man i would just build a concrete wall around somewhere, or bury steel plates in the ground and put a gate in the middle. like that contraption at the prison. they've got practically the whole world at their disposal. if there was a zombie outbreak i would be fine. unless they were those crackhead zombies like 28days later and world war-z is trying to copy. i'm prolly gonna die.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love TWD, been following before the show - reading the comics. Some people may disagree with me for saying this but the comic book is way better! It's pretty gritty and graphic and has some crazy shit they couldn't show on TV. Each medium has they're own feel to it, i guess. The television show is definitely toned down. So far season 4 is good, i loved season 1-2 because they were on the road and it was so unpredictable. I think the little girl Lizzie who Carol took a liking to is gonna do some bad shit some time in this season. I have a feeling she was the one who was feeding the walkers rats by the fence. I love how in this season the walkers are more decayed, showing how much time has passed which adds to the realism factor. I have a feeling Carol will show up some time in the future when the group is down on their luck and provide some needed help. By the way, wheres the Governor? I hope by the end of this season there's a show down between him and Rick and shit gets drastic and dire.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Anyone notice how T-Dawg and Tyrese didn't lose 1 friggin' pound of weight during this whole debacle? LOL! And why didn't they just stay at Woodbury? I mean, c'mon! That place was sweet and was way more hospitable and capable of raising children. But nooooooooo. Rick has to bring everyone back to to that dark-ass prison. Fuck Rick.

Pinball Wizard

The wand chooses the wizard
Veteran
The prison is easier to defend with fewer people. Those Woodbury people (left behind) were the people the Governor considered useless.
Otherwise, they would have been on the prison raid.

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
No need to build anything. There are plenty of abandoned structures that can be easily modified. There are even those built, specifically, for a defensible position.

I read the first four book collections. Yeah! The comic is better! In the tv show, blood and gore is the draw for some. To me, it's the brutality a human can resort to, to survive! Look for some back and forth between Michonne and the gov!

Rick says next to nothing to Little Lord Fauntlerick about murdering that kid at the end of last season and then kicks Carol out for the same thing?

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Normally, I'd agree with you but we saw Morgan holding down a whole town by himself. He figured out how to keep the hoard at bay with rats in cages and pointy sticks not to mention that he acquired quite a cache of food and weapons from intruders all by his crazy lonesome.

Latest posts

Latest posts