What's new

The VOLCANO Thread

I'm curious to know if any of you have made any other purchases from Storz&Bickel since your Volcano purchase?

New valves? Bags? Screens? Filters?

So far cleaning has kept me from using any of the backup items.

If I were to order anything I think I would get a second solid valve, another order of 10' bag, and an extra liquid pad.

Ive ordered new screens, bags, filters, and the little blue ring on the valvue(i have the quick release version). Just the standard pieces that need to be replaced in time. I used to use turkey bags in the past when I first ran outa bags but they are a pain in the ass.

Basically if you are goin to order anything make sure you stock up on screens and bags. The more dank your bud is the more your screen will clog up and your bags will be extremely sticky, needing to be replaced more often.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Don:

I don't get it. I got a remote. I got a bag. Don't I have to get up to put the bag on the vaporizer?

Also, the Volcano does it warming up in less than 5min and then fills most bags in less than 2min so how long does your Arizer take to heat up and fill a bag? I was under the impression they take 1/4hr... I could see how you might want a remote with all that waiting

Maybe the remote is handy because you use the whip? But in my household people walk around, so that would be a big hazard.

If I didn't have hard floors I would still use a bong.

Johnny Hopkins:

I run the air through the valve for a few seconds before clipping on the bag, so when it starts filling the bag it already has strong vapor. I run a 2.5 maybe 3 ft bag. Nice size for me and one or two others. Still wish I had a 4+ foot one for crowds.

The air is so steady along with great temp control I don't see how the vapor can start off at 5 and end up at 7 because it was on "too long"

Maybe I'm missing something?

starwatcher:

I been running ISO through my screens and bags. Still crispy clean.

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
TruthorLie

EQ takes 5 or 6 mins to warm up. takes about 2 minutes to fill a bag

like I said, the remote is handy because it has all the options without going into the menus. mainly the fan speed controls

I don't use the fan with the whip, so no I don't use the remote, but some people like to use the fan to assist

anyway you guys enjoy your volcanos

THC123

Veteran
EQ takes 5 or 6 mins to warm up. takes about 2 minutes to fill a bag

well if you own a volcano , avoid the EQ like the plague

there is just no comparison i just tested it 2 weeks ago , i prefer spending a bit more and having decent vapor

it looks cool , but the balloon takes for ever to fill and the vapor is so thin and tasteles compared to the cano on the same temp settings

TruthOrLie

Veteran
My top 3 Volcano mistakes:

1) Leaving the Volcano on overnight bugs me a little bit. Leaving it on all night with the filling chamber on top of it (filled with top shelf) to warm up for a last bag before bed drives me freaking crazy. Still able to get some vapor in the morning though. Seems kinda weak...

2) Forgetting to put the metal "disk" in the solid valve before activating a fan. This is extremely annoying after filling the chamber with some top shelf and standing for a minute trying to figure out "why isn't this bag filling up?" This is especially frustrating if you just cleaned your valve system and bag.

3) Forgetting to turn is down from 9 to 7 when switching back to flowers from concentrates. This is by far the least frustrating because even though the hits are harder to take, the nug never gets burnt, just reaaaaally toasty. In my old whip vape nugs used to get BURNT if turned too high

TruthOrLie

Veteran
First major Volcano disaster. I should have taken pictures but I was in a panic.

Put maybe 2 or 3 times the amount of oil I would normally onto the liquid pad... was curious what would happen.

Well let me tell you. THICK bag of smoke.

When I removed the valve from the heating element there was pools and puddles of melted oil everywhere. Some had even dripped down into the air holes.

I was about to unscrew the shell to see what was below the air holes that the hash oil could have possibly dripped into, but I didn't want to void warranty. Luckily the screen above air holes I discovered unscrews... so I was able to do some cleaning with some alcohol dipped q-tips.

question #1: what is below the air holes inside the vocano?

question #2: doesn't using weed in the volcano void the warranty?

question #3: has anyone sent in a MJ used volcano for warranty service with no problems?

BudToker

Veteran
Inside the Volcano:

volcano-vaporizer-hands-on-9.jpg

volcano-vaporizer-hands-on-8.jpg

-BT :smokeit:

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Almost put in an order for new bags, screens, and the solid valve for liquids...

Finally came around to replacing the first screen. What a difference. You can only clean them so many times and they begin to fall apart. Maybe I was just rough on the first one?

Also, cleaning the bags only goes so far.

I even took the time to unravel the liquid pad and clean it. It turns out to be a short little metal sleeve that has been folded and twisted over.

Still got a few more replacement screens and bags that came with my first order before I make this second one.

No one knows about Volcanos and voiding warranty?

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was all i see on their website about a warranty really..
3. What happens in the event of warranty or repair?
In the event of any defect you are recommended to send the complete device back to us with all parts. If the defect has occurred on the grounds of a material or construction error within the warranty period, we will eliminate the defect free of charge. If the defect was caused by you, e.g. because you dropped your vaporizer, we will send you an estimate for the repair and will do the repair as soon as you have agreed to accept our estimate.

also saw this..

Storz & Bickel America INC.
1078 60th St. Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608
phone: 510-451-1553
fax: 510-451-2053
e-mail: oakland@storz-bickel.com

oakland? i think they know who their customers are, right? someone at sometime would have to be sending back a volcano with material stuck down somewhere.

tokatronic

My top 3 Volcano mistakes:

2) Forgetting to put the metal "disk" in the solid valve before activating a fan. This is extremely annoying after filling the chamber with some top shelf and standing for a minute trying to figure out "why isn't this bag filling up?" This is especially frustrating if you just cleaned your valve system and bag.

I don't recognize this, perhaps it is a solid valve problem. I have the easy valve, and the only major mistakes I've had is forgetting to turn it of, or forgetting that I've recently filled a balloon. It's somewhat a bummer to wake up and find a filled bag at your side as it will be of somewhat lower quality than fresh, but then again it is still a filled bag and you don't have to get up to fill it to get a refill on your buzz.

TruthOrLie

Veteran
Well I'm officially banning liquid concentrates from my Volcano. I dunno if its because I'm using an old, warped liquid pad, or if the Volcano just gets messy with this stuff, but I'm not using it.

THC123

Veteran
i always fill my chamber with weed and when the weed is vaped , i mix the liquid with the vaped weed

Well I'm officially banning liquid concentrates from my Volcano. I dunno if its because I'm using an old, warped liquid pad, or if the Volcano just gets messy with this stuff, but I'm not using it.

yeah i tried that thing once and after that decided that my oil was to precious to try to vaporize on that thing.

tokatronic

I just love you in this thread, truthorlie, you're not that irritating troll ass as in the others. Keep it up. I'm starting to fall in love.

:comfort:

SURVIVAL

Do you all use the liquid pad to smoke HaSh? or is it Ok to use the regular screen? By the

way I LoVe The VoLcAno!!! It'S aMaZiNg!!! It GeTs Me ReTaRdEd!!! ThX for the feedback!!