What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The uploaded picture is too big"

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hi, I keep getting this error when adding pictures to an album. I tried reszing my pictures and changing browsers but it still happens.

Thanks!

dirty-joe

I have not seen that, and frankly I did not think the forum had a limit. Of course I'm talking about threads, not albums ?
I know some threads load fairly slow, so I saved a picture or two from the thread to find that the picture are 4+MB each, and like 3 or 4 thousand pixels wide! that is freeking ridiculous. There should be a limit, or an automatic resizing program to run on them.

In fact I came to this sub forum thinking of starting a thread to say just about that.
Going to find an example right now.
This picture, IMG_20230726_101252.jpg
From this thread https://www.icmag.com/threads/clba-outdoor-2023-jason-returns.18127023/page-4
First picture on that page is 3000 X 4000 pixels @ 5.1 MB, and there are MANY pictures on that page, how many, I do not know it takes so long to load I quit. I have a decent internet connection, we can watch 3 different youtube videos at the same time. But these picture sizes are just so damn ridiculous. They are ten times bigger than need to be, 1600 X 1200 pixels average about 500K and are PLENTY big enough to view on a computer, or webpage. We not printing posters.

dirty-joe

I do not know why that is happening to you, maybe is different for albums, but the forum is full of pictures much larger than that ?

Finepointcanon

Veteran
I know, I don't get it either. My albums are full of pictures from the same camera. Thanks for your replies though (y)
🙏

Finepointcanon

Veteran
yea try the steps, to save them into a non onedrive folder on the hdd
I just drag them out of my DCIM folder to the desktop, but I'll check after work, OneDrive does weird stuff in the background sometimes.

Thanks! I look forward to fully participating in threads again.

Latest posts

Latest posts