What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ultimate beginner's guide to PC FANS

panckage

Hey, I'm wondering the same thought ! 158 cfm / 10.52 mmH20. Seems like a good fan for the purpose.

I bought this fan. It works just ok with a hepa filter (for allergies) on it. I didn't actually end up using it on a carbon filter though. I bought a hon&guan 5" to use with the carbon filter in the end...

If you harass me in May (when my current grow is over) I can see if I can rig it to carbon filter to it and then I can report back on performance;)

Swanson

I run Noctua fans with dimmers and diy carbon filters made out of hand cream containers. The fans are worth the extra cost for me. My old ones were quite noisy and pushed less air. Odor is fairly minimal but do get the occasional waft in the last two weeks.
Screenshot_20190703-180107.jpg

IMG_20190219_140530989.jpg

F2F

Bump on the thread. Specifically last few posts. What are the options if one would like to go with a 4” x 6” Phresh filter? A couple of my plants are stinky even in veg.

I was also eyeballing those Notua. Which one is that Swanson? I’m looking to set up a micro cab for bonsai mamas.
:)

Cheers and thanks in advance!
F2F

Mr Jay

Veteran
Get an inline fan for a traditional can style filter. Build your own for axial fans.

Latest posts

Latest posts