What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The True Origin of G13

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
In fact, the same story eminates from the Univ. of KY, Univ. Of Ohio, Univ. of Washington, Univ of Alabama........

and bagend, over the years, you would be shocked to hear how many growers have told me that they are aware of the very person that took/obtained the strain.

The reality from what i can tell is that after our friend Harry J Anslinger effectively lobbied to make cannabis illegial, it was illegial to grow it in the US for any reason, including research, however the Mississipi research project was the ONLY legally authorized entity allowed to grow it. I think the litterature shows it couldnt have come from the Uof Washinton, where the "pacific cut" supposedly originated from and i suspect may be the origin of the clone supposedly purchased by Neville., or any of the other suggested universities simply because they werent authorized to possess cannabis even for study. That privalege was isolated to mississippi alone and to my knowledge is still the only source for cannabis for study still today. - in the US anyway.

If anyone has contradicatory information, please post it for us.

MPL

No worries people mix em up all the time.

Cool dude I may check it out if it is listed anywhere. Not sure how much master's work is available. Lotta dissertations but not so many master's thesis.

:dance013:

You may be right, i apologize for mixing up my abbreviations. I graduated in 84, so its been sometime since i reviewed the literature.
The conclulions they arrived at howerver, are not disputable.

I did my graduate studies at the University of Kentucky for my masters degree in biology. The study was available in the medical liabrary and was a stand alone study that wasnt included as part of a periodical, although it may exist in one somewhere. The study is available im sure at any advanced medical library and perhaps on line somewhere.

I did the study as a requirement for a 700 psychology class called "Theoretical Perspectives of Deviant Behavior in Dependent Personalities"

MPL

When I lived in Starkville, MS. people around there thought G13 was from Ole Miss and somehow someone snuck some out, or a plant.

I find it extremely unlikely anyone snuck a cutting or some seeds out though. They keep close tabs on those things.

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
really?....did you see 60 minutes last night....story about a guy who stole billions of dollars of Nasa Moon rocks and other samples from a locked safe.....so he rolled the safe right out of NASA headquaters.......all for the sole purpose of fucking his GF on the moon rocks so they could say they fucked on the moon....... I think i could sneak out a cut or two no problem.

Morphote

Veteran
You may be right, i apologize for mixing up my abbreviations. I graduated in 84, so its been sometime since i reviewed the literature.
The conclulions they arrived at howerver, are not disputable.

I did my graduate studies at the University of Kentucky

Not sure why my other post was deleted but whatever. As a southerner myself I am in complete disbelief at your little mix up. If you were from the south, studied in the south, and smoked G13 in Mississippi, then you would not confuse UM with MSU. That's like confusing Florida with Florida State, Georgia with Georgia Tech or Texas A&M with UT. That shit just doesn't happen, especially if you are part of the older generation which would consider your little mix up absolute sacrilege. Even dumb hick southern boys wouldn't make that mistake, and most of them are total idiots, not learned men with masters degrees. If you are from the south, it does not happen all the time. It never happens.

M.

MPL

lol really?

Ok well guess somone could have gotten stuff out.

As far as I have read the pot grown there sucks badly. Isn't G13 supposed to be quite potent?

really?....did you see 60 minutes last night....story about a guy who stole billions of dollars of Nasa Moon rocks and other samples from a locked safe.....so he rolled the safe right out of NASA headquaters.......all for the sole purpose of fucking his GF on the moon rocks so they could say they fucked on the moon....... I think i could sneak out a cut or two no problem.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Not sure why my other post was deleted but whatever. As a southerner myself I am in complete disbelief at your little mix up. If you were from the south, studied in the south, and smoked G13 in Mississippi, then you would not confuse UM with MSU. That's like confusing Florida with Florida State, Georgia with Georgia Tech or Texas A&M with UT. That shit just doesn't happen, especially if you are part of the older generation which would consider your little mix up absolute sacrilege. Even dumb hick southern boys wouldn't make that mistake, and most of them are total idiots, not learned men with masters degrees. If you are from the south, it does not happen all the time. It never happens.

M.

I'm not from Mississippi Morphote and im not familiar with thier in state rivalries. I dont follow sports at all. Youre making too much of my typo regaurding a report that i reviewed in 1983. If you say it was MSU, so be it. The mississippi research project, wheter in MSU or UM, resulted in weak, impotent cannabis. It did not produce a extrapotent phenotype that someone shuffled out the door.

I was in mississipi in 1980 because my brother was in the military and was in training there. While there, i visited a guy from mississipi that was attending the University of Kentucky to recieve a degree in equine medicine as Kentucky is the horse capital of the world. We were roomates and smoking buddies for 2 semesters.

The essence of my post is that the mississipi project resulted in inferior cannabis. It could not be the origin of g-13. Comment on that if u wish, otherwise accept my apologies for the typo.

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Neville bought the G13 from me back in 1986. I bought 4 packs of Afghani n01 from the Sensi Seedbank whilst in Amsterdam on holiday after growing them out two phenos stood out from the rest. I labeled the plants G1 through to G34. G13 being one chosen keeper. Personally I prefer the G7 these days the other keeper.

Marathanman, you complicate the picture beyond what i thought was possible. I believe that the original G-13 was developed somewhere in the southern US in the late 70's and was provided with the romantic background story of secret government experiments. How exotic huh?

For you to state that you created your own strain 6-8 years later and that you named your strain G-13 as well, and that Neville introduced that strain into the cannabis world makes it impossible ever to resolve because that circumstance would make it impossible to discern whether one was growing the original named G-13 that i first smoked in 1980, or whether they were growing your G-13 that was developed years later..

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
When a mommy plant and daddy plant love each other very much...

Not only did I hear the G13 story way too many times, I had it confirmed from Dutchgrown while visiting Amsterdam some 7 years back. To get there, I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style of the time.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"This is G-13, genetically engineered by the U.S. government". "Is that the stuff we smoked last night?" "This is all I ever smoke." "How much?" "Two grand."

:D :D :D

Morphote

Veteran
Nevil/Shantibaba claim that G13 is an Afghan/Skunk, but they also admit that they only know what they have been told. Which further tells me that the entire G13 story is in fact a myth initially created to sell bud, and then maintained to sell seed.

M.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Picture%2035.preview.jpg

this is the crap grown in MS..

it aint g-13 ;)

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Thats intersting Raco. I wonder what Sam the Skunkman says about it because the dates are much closer -76- to what i expected to hear and if we ever really find out, i believe we'll hear that it appeared late 70's somewhere.

Good info. Were getting warmer now. More clues guys.