What's new

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
tumblr_n8s76xCxQT1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

:yoinks:

RMS

:smoweed:

brickweeder

i like big butt and i cannot lie...except the smaller 30-40 pounders aren't going to be crawling with parasites like that monster
I've thrown back small halibut that didn't make the size cut, and some of those have their gills filled with strange parasites. Some just over keepers even had blisters on the inside of their stomach cavities, and inside those blisters were curled up nematodes of some sort....not what you want to find in your fish. Point being, small halibut can be crawling with parasites just like the monsters.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've thrown back small halibut that didn't make the size cut, and some of those have their gills filled with strange parasites. Some just over keepers even had blisters on the inside of their stomach cavities, and inside those blisters were curled up nematodes of some sort....not what you want to find in your fish. Point being, small halibut can be crawling with parasites just like the monsters.
i've filleted like 45,000 lbs of halibut,the 30-40 pounders are best,they all have parasites of some sort but the bigs ones can be downright full of them