What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Super Duper Beautiful or Trippy Photo Thread!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I've noticed Canada call Native Americans "Aboriginal." In USA we only call those Australian outback dudes Bushmen or aboriginals. But they did come over the ocean tens of thousands of years ago to Australia. I want to go there someday but I hate spiders. Anyone down under? Spiders around?

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
South Aussie here, the last spider I saw was a tiny little one in my worm farm.
Before that it was a South American one in my kitchen of the unit I used to live in, I flattened it with a dustpan, before my mum moved in there was a bloke who used to travel to South America regularly living there and he must have brought back one in his luggage, it wasn't the first one seen in that unit.

brickweeder

I've noticed Canada call Native Americans "Aboriginal." In USA we only call those Australian outback dudes Bushmen or aboriginals. But they did come over the ocean tens of thousands of years ago to Australia. I want to go there someday but I hate spiders. Anyone down under? Spiders around?
Not sure about Oz, but Oz is not far from Indonesia, and when i was there in the late 90s, I saw some huge ass spiders above a walkway to a temple...these things were like 15 cm in diameter (body and legs) and were hanging out in the middle of 2-3 meter round webs.....I was thinking maybe they eat small birds. Crazy big F-ing spiders there. I imagine that Oz probably has huge spiders too once you get into the back country.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Not sure about Oz, but Oz is not far from Indonesia, and when i was there in the late 90s, I saw some huge ass spiders above a walkway to a temple...these things were like 15 cm in diameter (body and legs) and were hanging out in the middle of 2-3 meter round webs.....I was thinking maybe they eat small birds. Crazy big F-ing spiders there. I imagine that Oz probably has huge spiders too once you get into the back country.
Our biggest spider is the Huntsman which is about half that size or about 7.5cm or roughly a hand width, they jump too and will jump at you from 2m away.

Our biggest spider is the Huntsman which is about half that size or about 7.5cm or roughly a hand width, they jump too and will jump at you from 2m away.
6DEDA3E5-6307-44D8-A178-559380E77D11.jpeg
B10EEE3D-2511-4E4C-8F5B-88370460E1A3.jpeg

Me…WOW

Walked outside to my deck one morning, saw this 4 foot spiderweb and instantly started looking around and slowly backed up !!!

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey guys! Thanks for responding about the spiders! I've seen video of Huntsman, Frosty nugs. They're poisonous right?
Qwe- wonder what kind of spider left that web? Man screw that.
Brickweeder that giant spider temple sounds horrifying.

Latest posts

Latest posts