What's new

The stuff Jimi Hendrix smoked...!!

B

Bubble Puppy

****************/ hothouseflowers ...sold a vintage old pure haze that was completly purple ,i remember seeing the picture.Maby this could be the purple haze...

TheHashAssassin

zoolander said:
I've grown the PGsus and the others I grew were very nice , Whats the stor HA ?

just found the cut I tried to not be very good potency wise compared to others. Nice flavour, pretty colours and fat buds, just more potent stuff out there.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Bubble puppy: HHF did indeed grow & sell :fsu: some vintage haze, which he stole from Kaiki/Charlie Garcia. The line is Oldtimer´s haze and Kaiki & ACE collective was selected to preserve the line from the handfull of seeds they received and return OT1 some fresh beans. What happened is that HHF promised to Kaiki that he could send them Haze cuttings & seeds(?) to him, because he lived in the same country at the moment than OT1 and he would pass them to their original father!! That said, these cuttings & beans never maked into Oldtimers hands, but instead they were offered in ******** & "preserved" by HHF :fsu:

Everybody interested should be aware of this, at least by now, but because there are still post´s like this I thought I had to come down and tell how the things really went. Everyone can make their own conclusions who made the actual & real preservation and pay their respect into Spain by buying the line from people who kept their words -> Cannabiogen & ACE collective!!!

All HHF did was: use the clones Charlie send him to make several untested crosses + "preserved" the line by using these same clones & popped some beans and made open pollunation with the resulted male´s, which in my book´s = :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu: :fsu:

Bubble Puppy said:
hothouseflowers ...sold a vintage old pure haze that was completly purple ,i remember seeing the picture.Maby this could be the purple haze...

This proves HHF didnt have more than bit´s of the line. Real OT1´s haze has 2 main colored phenos which are green & purple, the purple one´s will also produce colors like red, silver and even bluish on buds :yummy: Once again, everyone can make their own conclusions....

Us friends of the this magnificent erb´s are persecutioned by our goverments etc. , but fellow growers also :confused: So I simply cannot accept this kind of ripoff. This drama has done nothing good for the community, some good people are brainwashed by con-artist and chosen to stand behind his back :fsu:

Worst thing about the act´s of HHF is that he hasnt payd any respect for those who originated the line & preserved the line!! No mention about Oltimer, no mention of Charlie, ACE in his haze descriptions = WHATTA FUCK??????

+ after all this the guy even have the nerve to publicly attack dubi from ACE a who MAN stands behind his words! Charlie hate´s all this & the affect it has for our community and dont want to talk it publicly, so sorry Charlie, I made this public once again, but cannot stand when people are still thinking that HHF is some kind mercifull samaratian for the community :cuss:

Byw, those who didnt know HHF was previouslu known by the handle Queijo, who scammed lot´s of money from dedicated cannalovers who ordered his seeds & LOT´S OF ELITE/VERY SPECIAL & RARE CUTTINGS & SEEDS from dedicated REAL breeders :bashhead:

Anyone who are still on doubt could do some research about the subject. Personally, I havent "met" many as authentic & dedicated + generous growers & real breeders than Charlie & dubi from ACE. Have a chat with these men, or read their posts and you can see these are men who have sincere love for the erb. They certainly aint doing this only for money, otherwise they would act like SO many so called "breeders" nowadays who make some pollenchucking with elite cuts (received) from others and make many crosses and release them untested.. Really guys/gals, check out the Cannabiogen´s & ACE collectives breeding practises and you know you ar eon the rigth track -> THAT`S A PROMISE!!!!

Sorry for the offtopic jedi, just had to clear things up, I hope you understand this as I think you real & passionate cannalover!!!

Hazeseeker, I have got the opinion about you that you are passionate haze lover & good mang who loves superior Haze´s & it´s crosses.. This is why im surpriced you are considering WhiteLabels "PurpleHaze". I think you first suggestion with OT1´s haze would make you much satisfied + just think the breeding potential it has :wink:

Zoolander: I have respect for you too, but what you mean by this?
I've grown the PGsus and the others I grew were very nice

For me, when im looking superior erb´, I dont care how slow, or how shitty they grow, or how much they yield as long they produce expectional erb...

Your words made me make my conclusion that it wasnt superior erb, but it was pleasant to grow and maybe yielded quite well, but wasnt nothing that special to smoke??? Please correct if im wrong!

Here´s my own Haze cross that hopefully shows some fat & purple buds, it´s a cross between Neville´s Haze (MNS) x Purp´s (bcbd)

Even thought it show´s that purple I am not going to call it purplehaze, just for the pespect for the community & the pioneers like SamS!

Gonna update my thread about this cross very soon, things are looking better & bigger nowadays and the plant is pushing more NH like, thin leafs -> cannot wait :jump:

Best of luck jedi and to answer your question "where to find the closest thing to real purplehaze", my sincere opinion is that you should go with ACE collective and cop some OT1´s Haze, the´ve made several crosses with different phenos etc.. check them out :wink: Or you could try to find Tom Hill´s Haze beans, which could be very difficult + there isnt as big ratio of purplephenos than OT1´s haze, so you would need couple packs at least to hunt it down.. What I have understanded, TH Haze originates from Skunkmans beans and the two line´s TH Haze & OT1´s haze arent related :chin:

Didnt try to offend anyone on this thread, that really wasnt my purpose. Just wanted to clear things a little and pay respect where the respect belongs :2cents:

Peace for all sincere growers & breeders and for those money hungry, fellow cannalover scamming pollenchucking breeders only one advice -> KARMA IS A BITCH :wink:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
after reading this last night i googled 'purple haze lsd"....brought up both cannabis and lsd ,watering cannabis with lsd and hendrix ect....

i guess if the answer was known about what "puple haze" really is this question wouldnt be being asked.....i love hendrix anddont know....and we cant ask him anymore ;(

i got myself a decent supply (i hope) of tom hills haze....think he said theres a 5% chance(my have remebered wrong?) to find "a" purple haze ....that should leave you staring into the mirror staring at your smile hahahha....

i think to make jimi proud you should just get blazed .... set your guitar on fire and throw it at the drummer.HH. =]-~

D

dankbudz

happyherb said:
i guess if the answer was known about what "puple haze" really is this question wouldnt be being asked.....i love hendrix anddont know....and we cant ask him anymore ;(

not entirely true. its just a big misconception. people automatically assumeits herb because theyve heard "haze" before and know that some weed is purple...so they think theyre putting 2 and 2 together and getting an answer.

Grandpa L

Purple Haze, the song, is about acid. Been there done that got the freakin' t-shirt. We were doing LSD in 65 before it was made illegal. Purple Haze the herb didn't make the scene until 67-68. Peace, Grandpa L

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Grandpa L said:
Purple Haze, the song, is about acid. Been there done that got the freakin' t-shirt. We were doing LSD in 65 before it was made illegal. Purple Haze the herb didn't make the scene until 67-68. Peace, Grandpa L

Cool....thanx for that info..
straight form the horses mouth.....

Now.......the stuff the Legends used to smoke..?
Woodstock , Rock 'n Roll , ..the stuff songs were written On and written about..??

from about '64 - '69....
Beatles , Hendrix , Morrison ,Marley , Jerry Garcia......Rock legends...!! :violin:

What was the buzz those days......what did u get at Woodstock...??

W

Whatever

From what I understand the original Purple Haze strain had no Haze in it.

H

Hazeseeker

Herbalistic said:
Hazeseeker, I have got the opinion about you that you are passionate haze lover & good mang who loves superior Haze´s & it´s crosses.. This is why im surpriced you are considering WhiteLabels "PurpleHaze". I think you first suggestion with OT1´s haze would make you much satisfied + just think the breeding potential it has :wink:
Hi Herbalistic,
yeah man definately would love to grow out OT1's Haze sometime soon :yes: , gonna go check out the thread in the ACE forum after i write this post to try and decide which 1 would be best to choose, got a couple of strains in mind i'd like to match up with the OT Haze down the line, the more i think about it the more i wanna get started on it straight away :joint:
I agree with you on the White Label 'PurpleHaze' - i'm gonna give it a miss i think, the name had made me a little curious as to how good it may be?, i think i'll leave that 1 until i see a few growers reports on it (don't think i've heard of anyone growing White Label PH so far), once i get the OT Haze in the garden that should keep me more than busy :joint:

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
perhaps someone in the know can clear this up, I believe the purple haze (the weed) was never really a distinct sub-type of haze. In a sense there never was a strain "purple haze". I believe the purple was just a consequence of certain haze phenos having a predisposition to turning purple when left to mature late into the season. By the time a haze is finishing outdoors (or in a greenhouse) its already so late in the season, and being cold there is a good chance of them turning purple.

For those who are interested in the science of it, the purple pigments are called anthocyanins, belonging to the flavonoid class of compounds, occuring as vacuolar pigments. There are more than 500 identified anthocyanins, the most abundant one is cyanidin-3 glucoside. Anthocyanins are synthesied via the phenylpropanoid pathway, they have antioxidant properties and anti-cancer type effects have been demonstrated.

Anthocyanin synthesis in plants (particularly in the senescing leaves) is often associated with a nutrient limitation adaptation response. The pigments act as a "sunscreen" having a photoprotective effect which preserves the photosynthtic apparatus, keeping the senescing leaves alive, allowing translocation of mobile nutrients to actively growing tissues.

Ez

right on ezra,
i'm with grandpaL.
correct me if i'm wrong.
I understand the name "HAZE" wasn't applied to weed until the haze brothers projects of the early 70's.
a couple of years after Hendrix's untimely death.

W

Whatever

I'm sure some or many will not agree with this statement but this dude has been around since the dinosaurs and trust his experience...
the REAL DEAL Purple Haze is 50% REAL DEAL Panama Red, and also has some Brazilian White Sativa and some old old school Afghani Hashplant

L

luaith

purple haze lyrics...

"Hendrix said he was inspired by a dream where he was walking under the sea. In the dream, he said a purple haze surrounded him, engulfed him and got him lost. It was a traumatic experience, but in his dream his faith in Jesus saved him. An early song manuscript has the title "Purple Haze, Jesus Saves". He also mentioned that the song's colorful imagery came to him in the dream. "I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs" in a 1969 interview."

purple haze lsd...

"Purple Haze also referred to a specific LSD tablet created by Owsley Stanley.[1] In a High Times Magazine article by Bruce Eisner from January 1977, Eisner reports to have actually interviewed Tim Scully, one of the men involved in creating the LSD. According to Scully, Augustus Owsley Stanley III, began to manufacture LSD in Los Angeles in 1965.[2] It was legal then. Owsley's LSD came in 270 microgram tablets of purple (Purple Haze) and white (White Lightning). LSD became illegal in 1966 and Owsley was arrested in 1967."

purple haze cannabis...

"???"

Jedi

"Madam, Miss Otis regrets, she's unable to lunch t
ICMag Donor
Thanx so much for the in for surrounding Hendrix , and clearing the confusion where the name came from....

Purple MJ.....??...
any extra color just makes the weed look more psychedelic.....

K

Kal-El

There was a guy named Red or maybe it was Redbeard, on the old AN forums, that was growing purple haze over in Asia somewhere. He posted some awesome pics.

Kabong

purple haze is a bunch of idiots pointing and guessing:p:D :muahaha: :rasta:

sure there are strains called purple haze, but they arent what jimmy smoked
they are a cheap shot at makin a buck on the coat tails of a song that wasnt even about weed.

Haze is a strain tho, and there are alot of different phenos, the kinds youd have with an open pollination landrace hybrid and some(one in a hundred) are purple. It has nothing to do with the great guitarist.

Everyone just forget about purple haze and focus on my strain Sweet Leaf#1. Its the weed Ozzy was singing about in black sabbath's - "sweetleaf".

Last edited:

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Whatever said:
I'm sure some or many will not agree with this statement but this dude has been around since the dinosaurs and trust his experience...

the REAL DEAL Purple Haze is 50% REAL DEAL Panama Red, and also has some Brazilian White Sativa and some old old school Afghani Hashplant

BS...

Age doesnt necessary mean you know everything....

Bad Wizard: Right on, Haze brothers were the ones who made it along them other hazes...

Kal-El: Do you refer maybe red/redone/redrider? He was here too and was not growing purple haze, but a Colombian landrace´s he found while living there :wink:

The real deal "PurpleHaze" wasnt a strain, but certain phenotype of it, that would come purple even without cold temps involved :2cents:

So much BS going around this subject, in fact too much of it and it keeps creating controversy again & again.........

Peace :wave:

EDIT: PurpleHaze that Jimi talked was about acid... Those of us who have done it, or another strong lsd are on the known after hearing those lyrics :D

Last edited: