What's new

The "Stoner Clothing" thread.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
"Stoner clothing" was brought up in another thread, that was about something totaly different. So lets talk about it, shall we?

If somebody wears rasta gear, or a Bob Marley T shirt, or a dose dress.... etc..... Do you assume they smoke cannabis?

I have a friend at work... super sweet tiny lil asain chick. Every day, she wears the same rasta sweat shirt jacket thing to work. I myself dont approach people at work reguarding cannabis. So I just assumed that she was a toker, yet it didn't quite fit her personality. I recently found out from a friend, that in fact she does not.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
what do you mean rasta track jacket, the yellow green red stripes ?

as a white guy, I wouldn't wear rasta stuff, even tho I appreciate the rasta ideologies
and I am planning to dread my hair

I've people in suits with dreadlocks (weird), and they had really nice locks

a bob marley sparks up the, I might be a toker (but not 100% sure... but very probable)

I would rather not broadcast my herb enthusiasm

don't mind hemp stuff, just not hemp hats, those are a dead give away

I

Iron_Lion

White boys have no business wearing rasta hats.

I smoke weed, I love weed, never felt the need to advertise it.

NOKUY

Veteran
White boys have no business wearing rasta hats.

what do you consider a "rasta hat"....like a tam hat? or just a rasta colored hat?

if u mean a tam hat...i dont see why that would be an issue, if said 'whit boy' has dreads he might need to wear a tam.

...now maybe the white w/ dreads could be another issue?..(not in my book tho)

and if your talking about those fools that think its "funny" to wear those red/yellow/blk hats w/ the fake braids attatched, i'd like to punch every single one of 'em.

Last edited:

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
Yep. I see the guy with patchwork corduroy pants and I know what he's up to. That doesn't just mean stoner, it probably means, "I have 500 hits of acid hidden throughout this patchwork."
But I like to think that I have a good eye for stoners.

Megas

I have found avoiding most personal details about your life with co-workers to be the best. Sometimes the most overt people about pot are the ones who know nothing about it. Then you the "I'm so high" type people who drive me nuts.

KaliRush

My friend still dresses like a stoner even though he's 27. Long straight hair parted in the middle that he never pulls back. Loose fitting straight leg jeans and the only time in the 15 or so years that I have known him to wear shorts is when we're swimming. T-shirts that are very grungy looking.

And he wonders why he can't find a woman

A

alpinestar

dont dress like a hippie and you wont be treated like one by the establishment

anyone can wear anything they want, but unalterable stereotypes exist in people's minds which will label you as a stoner, no matter how much you want to believe the world works on political correctness.

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Yup, that girl on third shift with the matching rasta hat/shirt/shoes... if she doesn't she's doing a good job of convincing everyone that she does.

Lil 'o Me

Farm hand
Veteran
what do you mean rasta track jacket, the yellow green red stripes ?

Its not a track jacket.... its not quite a jacket, but more than a sweat shirt. But thats not my point. I think the girl that wears that doesnt know about rasta gear being associated with ganja.

Norrath

I love meeting up with my bank manager friend whom is dressed all nicely to smoke a big fatty. i wish i could post a picture of him. it's just plain hilarious in itself.

dass right, unalterable stereotypes. shame really

H

h^2 O

Iu0W.jpg

TooNormal

I dont' advertise, never have [<---hell, check the username to confirm that].

I agree with alpinestar... Dress like a stoner, and the first time you get caught behind the 8-ball at work you're tagged as "too stoned to care" etc instead of it being a one-time-issue or just plain an accident... Stereotypes exist, and you can't start working on addressing them until prohibition is reformed so the "normal" [and I use that loosely] people will speak up as well and demonstrate the stereotype is wrong.

Now, that said, I still LOOK for stoner clothing. A friend-of-a-friend/non-work-acquaintance wearing a tasteful tie-dye skirt/shirt/etc at a casual party? Go chat her up and feel out the vibe with small talk. It's worked for me as an older-dude looking to re-establish a circle.

And when AT work, I actually use it as a warning symbol. [Yes, I know I'm perpetuating the problem - but let's talk reality here].

If you show up to work on casual Friday wearing a shirt that says "Gone Dutch" with an outline of Amsterdam on it in Rasta colors... I know to avoid personal interaction with you because you don't have a clue how politics works in the office-space world... sorry. Your ass won't get promoted unless you are so good they can't deny the promotion. Subconscious discrimination happens all the time and not just over pot - height, weight, looks, personality all weigh into your perception in the work world.

-- which of course is bullshit because I've been on the elevator with some senior leadership types a couple of tiers above me and it smelled like a skunk had shit a pine-cone in his jacket pocket -- but that's another thread.

B

BioMechanical

Back when I was a teenager and skipped school everyday to smoke out and surf I dressed the part .....

15 years later I'm an educated professional and I dress the part for that too .....

But I still smoke; you just wouldn't know it if you saw me on the street. :joint: