What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Sticky Bandit Diaries

StickyBandit

Been a bit of a problem this week.
The Cookies Gelato hermied so it had to come out. Not sure if it spread so I took it out and the 2 stunted SSH since they looked a little suss....maybe.
I sprayed everything down with water and carefully removed the offending plants and will grow the rest out.
We've had a lot of humidity and heat lately so I'm not surprised the genes were tested. It's not the worst time to find out since most plants are getting close to being mature now and we will have enough to fill the jars and start fresh if need be :)

The Wedding Cake is nearing completion
WCL.jpg

WCR.jpg

WC.jpg

The young wedding cakes with a bit more space after the CG hermied now have more space. The WC didn't hermie in the same tent/conditions so the genes are good
youngWC.jpg

The Mango Chutney smells more awesome every week. Can't wait for it to finish :)
MC.jpg

And the 3 Golden Tigers are coming along very slowly :)
3GT.jpg

GT.jpg

Thanks for looking in :wave:

StickyBandit

Can't be long now for the Wedding Cake. Maybe a couple of days :)
20220102_115225.jpg

20220102_115309.jpg

There's a few amber trichs on the lower leaves but nothing on the main colas yet

StickyBandit

Gave the 1900x900 room of Wedding Cake the chop a few days back and it looks like it will yield about 11 or 12 oz's.
20220107_085317.jpg

20220107_131233.jpg

Moved the Mango Chutney into the 1900x900 space for the final phase to fatten up the buds. They smell soooo goooood :)
I'm pretty sure I will do another run of this MC and make some seeds for future use
MCs.jpg
MCclose.jpg
MC.jpg
MC1.jpg

These Wedding Cakes will also be ready soon. I think we will have enough of this strain for a while 😋
WC.jpg

Last but not least is the Golden Tiger in slow motion
GT.jpg
GTclose.jpg

The Skunk #1 seeds haven't germed yet after 4 to 5 days so I planted some G13Widow seeds just in case and I might take some Mango Chutney bud clones today to try and make some bushy, short plants

Thanks for dropping by :wave:

StickyBandit

Just for my own records really
Still nothing from the 11x Skunk #1 seeds in the sponge so I planted 9 regular G13 Widows in some grow blocks I'm trialing
There is 1x Royal Gorilla in the red cup in seed mix
and I put 2x Mango Chutney bud clones in the blocks also because it just smells so nice :)
A friend has also just put down 5 original Golfball clones from our 30 year old mother for me which will be joining the party soon

20220111_132538.jpg

StickyBandit

Ended up with 370gm of dried Wedding Cake bud from the 1900x900 area which is about 13.2oz :groupwave:
I'm pretty happy with that for the time of year with the excess heat. Buds are smaller than the winter ones but still nice and dense and seem to have a good kick and smell to them :)
I've jarred them up and put them straight in the fridge because the heat seems to be deteriorating the weed quite fast in the shed at 30°c

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220112_110154.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	18039658

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I don't know why the sponge method didn't work on the Skunk #1 (it usually works 100%) but the new method with the commercial grow blocks and the vermiculite seems to work a treat for popping the G13Widow seeds :)

20220112_181005.jpg

20220112_180959.jpg

StickyBandit

The Skunk #1 seeds are not dead and are FINALLY emerging after about 10 days. I did not expect this as it's the longest I've seen so I will have more than enough young plants coming through, sigh...

StickyBandit

I have set the dedicated weed fridge at 6°c and it's working out great so far. All the buds coming out are very stinky and full of flavor and have a decent punch :)

The Mango Chutney is a week or 2 out from harvest and doing well in the new space 1900x900
Click image for larger version  Name:	MangoChutney.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	18043173

Click image for larger version  Name:	MangoChutney.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	18043173

This will be the last batch of Wedding Cake for a while. Although it's a favorite there are many more to try and I still have some seeds
Probably another week for these
Click image for larger version  Name:	WeddingCake.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	18043176

Click image for larger version  Name:	WC.jpg Views:	0 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	18043177

The Golden Tiger jungle might have to be moved once the Mango Chutney completes it's cycle. I need the tent for breeding and rearing the cab cycle
Click image for larger version  Name:	WeddingCake.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.3 KB ID:	18043176

The nursery has 9 cups G13 Widow, 1 cup (red) Royal Gorilla

Some late popping (more than 10 days) Skunk #1 if you look carefully and 2x Mango Chutney clones

Thanks for looking in :wave:

StickyBandit

Has anyone tried keeping their buds in the fridge?
There's about 12ozs in the jars and some pear ciders in the door
Gotta say the fridge is looking pretty good :D

20220115_230019.jpg

StickyBandit

The Skunk #1 seeds are not dead and are FINALLY emerging after about 10 days. I did not expect this as it's the longest I've seen so I will have more than enough young plants coming through, sigh...

The last 2 came up today. That's 16 days to sprout!!! 100% now :groupwave: