What's new

the state of our western world.. and tv

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
...btw...I don't know it either, and have no beliefs or assumptions about it.
:
no?
do you not believe reality is subjective?
what about those atoms and cells?
you dont assume you have found the difference between primary and secondary realities?
you believe there is such a thing as perception no?
have you not suggested one must shed ego to truly perceive reality? that requires belief that there is ego.
you have more beliefs and assumptions than most "believers" from my observations....

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
no?
do you not believe reality is subjective?
what about those atoms and cells?
you dont assume you have found the difference between primary and secondary realities?
you believe there is such a thing as perception no?
have you not suggested one must shed ego to truly perceive reality? that requires belief that there is ego.
you have more beliefs and assumptions than most "believers" from my observations....

Inside this secondary, subjective reality - I have beliefs and assumptions and use them just like anyone else.

and in this secondary reality, obviously I have beliefs and assumptions about the primary reality.

BUT, those are all beliefs and assumptions, which are concepts, and not what something really IS.

this means I don't know what the primary reality REALLY "IS"

...and fundamentally, I don't know what this secondary reality "IS" - I also only have beliefs and assumptions.

this is because knowing occurs ONLY through concepts, it is NOT a direct consciousness of the true nature of anything, including this secondary reality.

concepts only refer to something, they are NEVER the thing itself

being directly conscious of this primary reality is our only option, and obviously since we are this primary reality we ARE conscious of it, the only problem is that our attention is focused on stuff that we perceive in this secondary reality

And, you don't have to shed ego to perceive reality, you actually perceive it AS the ego

Perception is a secondary process

I have stated that to be conscious of the primary reality one has to be directly conscious of it, and this lies outside of our perceptions, and obviously outside of our egoic-self.

But, I want to make a distinction that all the words we write are relative, and ARE NEVER about the true nature of anything we write about.

We can't really share what being directly conscious of the primary reality IS like - because it is outside of this secondary reality, where we can ONLY share information through concepts.

:tiphat: