What's new

The Red Headed Stranger

P

Paco

This is the most recent Hybrid between Funkfingers, Tierra Rojo and I.
This is our homage to the great Willie Nelson, and being that there are already a few Willie Nelson varieties around, we decided to give a Nelson named strain a new twist.
Funkfingers and TR found a stellar Tom Hill Haze male while running some packs. This one male stood out, having the shortest nodes and having a lighting flower set for a haze, not to mention that he reeks like green curry. anyway, the perfect mate for the haze male of course is the Fort Collins Williams Wonder. Selfhemployed found this plant, thanks guy, and has more info on it. But it for sure is an old SSSC var. just, so totally different than any other I've found.
This cross just came out of the testing phase, grown by Tr and some by me. and I gotta say damn! The flowers range from Citrus, Hops, soft, creamy, floral, to intense lavender eucalyptus and spicy haze. the majority of the plants grown out have exhibited a strong degree of uniformity. An odd two or three have not shot to the moon like the others, being more willies dom. The majority of the plants gather the best of both parents, smell density and structure. enjoy guys and gals.

willy_nelson.jpg

Pheno A- more like creamy spice.

Last edited:
P

Paco

Are are some other phenos.
No 20. sharp citrus. hashy, willy dom.

No 3, very Similar, with a more distinguished smell. Very hazy.

No 9 has more of the creamy spice, slightly mentholated.

P

Paco

Thanks dude. We just keep our heads down and plug along.
here are some of the crazier haze phenos.
No 9
no5
14..... the winner in our eyes.

no 12.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn, proper shit man. Diggin #20 the most personally. Are they all finished? Decent flower times.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
willie would be proud.....;)roll that shit, pass thisa way...14 does look nice thou

R

ran outta love

Sounds good. Reminds me of Wonder Haze from Rez.

Willie Nelson is cool. Have you smoked him out with this? You gotta do that, surely it's like the law or something when you name a strain after a person. :D

P

Paco

Cob- I think these are looking to be done about 65-75 days! WTF!?! right? When they all look this similar ypou gotta find those markers that make you want to keep em, 14 has the Sharpest smell of them all. crazy hazy shit dude, I'm telling ya!

Money- you wish shall be granted by the high country genie, thanks for stopping by. 14 could be this years NnJ entry. ;)

Thanks canna, but that thanks goes all roud the community, lots of people had a hand in making this happen. TR Funk and Self in Particular. I just made plants have sex.

Ran- Never tried any of rez's cross, but this will be totally different, I guarantee it.

Here are some more pics of 14. love this thing.....

Last edited:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
ah so a sally you enter?...touche............
that 6th pic is something else bro.......knoby som bitch.......these down?
and yeah that male did real well.....

bloyd

Veteran
Great to see this thread. I picked some of these up on the bay yesterday with the t-day special. Heard good things in the colorado thread. Anything named after willie is alright in my book.

P

Paco

Money_ still on the vine. I gotta keep up with your ass! thats a lota work by itself. and when that pic came up Tr and I started laughing, just a lil silly.
Ras_ thanks for swinging by, he is a crusher for sure.
bloyd_ thanks dude, I didn't even know these were up. You will find something good for sure. we love willie round these parts.
I_ whats up dude? I've been crazy busy, but ill get at you soon, but thanks and the mamas are all over the place. looking for the funkiest blend of terps and highs.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Great looking plants and shots on this one.
Good work Paco.
Nr9 looks the one for me ;)
Keep it up

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And all this time I thought a red headed stranger was some fancy new method of jerkin off...

You boys better save me a chunk!

G

guest121295

Those plants look fantastic.You can't beat an old SSSC WW.That was my strain of choice for a few years in the early 90's.Those plants were nothing like Rez' version at all.I like Rez' version but it was not remotely similar to the WW we grew in SwCO.:) At the time we'd never seen anything like it.I would be very interested to see that cut, any pics?:)

P

Paco

Paulo_ thanks thanks for coming through man.
Cob_ thats the Red head/cool aide method your thinking of. you'll never get some of this cob. gonna save it all for my head!
Chaco!! home dawg, thanks for swinging by. yeah these are of the citrus and sharp hash/ old school grassy var. and not like the rez version at all.
I don't have too many good ones, but selfhemployed has some nasty shots of it from a few years ago, I hope he doesn't mind me stealing these pics from his thread- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=157358&page=2
But this cut shines in out crosses. The flavor mixes well and the trich coverage and flower structure carry over really well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's why I hate you!! :friends:

Here's some of my willy shots, forgot how sexy she was. Def a nice score sh.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts