What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Real Sour D

LostTribe

Premium user
While Albany, Chaco and this cut appear very similar, it's when you first start to squeeze and then this bud breaks open that all her wonderous sour funk explodes overwhelming ones sense of smell and thoughts of "oh damn!" enter the mind, a second, third fourth long sniff follow.

The Real Sour D
20240328_104721.jpg

Obtained labeled as Real Sour, said it was from Jay_Plantspeaker and he also was holding his headband. Could be his, but it's growth, smell and spectacular effects make one not much concerned, only that it exists in such untainted form.

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
While Albany, Chaco and this cut appear very similar, it's when you first start to squeeze and then this bud breaks open that all her wonderous sour funk explodes overwhelming ones sense of smell and thoughts of "oh damn!" enter the mind, a second, third fourth long sniff follow.

The Real Sour D
View attachment 18979975
Obtained labeled as Real Sour, said it was from Jay_Plantspeaker and he also was holding his headband. Could be his, but it's growth, smell and spectacular effects make one not much concerned, only that it exists in such untainted form.

LT
That looks killer. She looks like the real McCoy.

LostTribe

Premium user
Fired up the Albany this morning. This was the nicest grow on it but it just doesnt smoke the same as this other one above. Albany has to me more of a rubberish tire when lit, decent high though. The Sour above nearly always makes me nearly sneeze from the essence of the smoke, has and equal high and for me is much more rewarding to grow, vigor wise, yield wise and overall health wise.

I have had both the Albany and JP cuts for over a year now and also ran the Chaco ECSD with them initially. Chaco didnt perform well but I'd put it in the middle of these other two, it did have a nice flavor but seemed like it might have fursarium or maybe just an old tired cut. Of the three I must say that I prefer the JP and hope to be able to keep her going for as long as possible. Might be my new favorite of the old cuts.

Desert Dan

Veteran

The Real Sour D
View attachment 18979975

LT
Glad you found the funk! Can’t wait to see more of it…

-DD

LostTribe

Premium user
How would you describe the aroma?
How does it smoke?
See the above post. JP has a louder smell and taste to me. The effects are very similar across all 3 of these cuts, the smoke flavor for me is most pronounced in the JP as well though. JP has a much greater overall smell when broken up as well, it really expands when broken open.

JP pics I posted in the other thread
20240322_171710-jpg.18977266
20240322_171803-jpg.18977267
20240322_171854-jpg.18977268

cbotany

I think the "real" despite all best interpretations seems to be four or five different plants and even more seed lines, there is east coast sour diesel, west coast sour diesel, Albany sour diesel, and the "commercial" cut that yields that used to be ran as a cash cropper. But, with that said they're all beautiful plants that are great! I'm grateful for your post this looks like a beautiful plant!

I Care

This might help to see what it looked like all those years ago. This is the only picture I ever took and this was obviously in the middle of the run but as you can see it had that sativa look to it. The end result was exactly like the JP and again it really took the extra time to ripen up after it stalled out.

Attachments

• IMG_1243.jpeg
    IMG_1243.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 40

LostTribe

Premium user
I put my mom into bloom about 2 weeks ago. Also, a cut that I treated with STS but forgot and only started to spray it about day 3. Didnt get any pollen the first couple tries.

This really might be my favorite of these old ones I've been running, Trinity is close but this one is killer. In fact the Albany I got from Cloney is on the chopping block.

cbotany

I put my mom into bloom about 2 weeks ago. Also, a cut that I treated with STS but forgot and only started to spray it about day 3. Didnt get any pollen the first couple tries.

This really might be my favorite of these old ones I've been running, Trinity is close but this one is killer. In fact the Albany I got from Cloney is on the chopping block.
Bro, I love trinity, is it the cut from montana /oregon ?

I Care

I thought about this days ago, to mention the qualities I see in the ACE Zamaldelica. Based on flowering time and the photos provided, it really really looks a lot like sour diesel.. Might be a good choice for anybody who is interested in breeding some SD and looking for boys to introduce to their girls.

Something to consider.

midwest

Just finished up running a couple of CBF's Plum Crazy Sour (SD x Runtz)
Definitely sour phenos in there. The runtz adds a fruitiness and helps bud structure.
Pretty good combo

Attachments

• 20240309_152605.jpg
    20240309_152605.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240309_155159.jpg
    20240309_155159.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240314_172528.jpg
    20240314_172528.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
  • 20240326_082932.jpg