What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the real.....sonoma coma??????????

sidewing

i cut a sample top and its a few days into drying.. looked at it in the sunlight and it has a purple tint all over.. i was told when i got this strain that it goes a deep purple late in flower, looks like if you let it go 63-70 days it will go all purple. im not quite there yet, i decided ill take it down at day 60.

sidewing

f4npz8.jpg

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
your killin me side wing........

ive been tryin to find this girl for a good wile.........:tumbleweed:

very nice pix of her.very well done......

sidewing

i got it tested but i think something went wrong with the testing.. because they said it was only 14%.. but i had other strains tested that didnt look as good test at near 20%.. which almost all my good strains ive kept are all about 20%. so im going to get a retest maybe i submitted a bad piece that was sitting to close to the light and some got vaporized off.. i had a feeling when i was looking at it that the piece i grabbed might have been, and had a lot of thoughts of replacing it but decided not to. ive been doing this enough to get a feel for how much thc % a plant is by looking at it, and my gut is just telling me 14% is not right.. im thinking more like 21%, we will see how the retest does once i get a chance to submit it. the company i test with is out of town so it probably will be a month before i can do it. ill get you the cut one day once i go up north, but it is around in the bay area.. im sure if you keep your eyes open itll turn up.. the strain is good, but in my honest opinion its not the holy grail.. it yields good, looks good and smells pretty good (sort of a earthy berryish type of smell), taste is more of the earthy tone, not the most tastiest of the strains i have.

if you want a really good strain if you dont already have it, go to GDP collective in san pablo/richmond.. they just reopened.. get the Kens GDP cut of grandaddy, i grabbed it from them a few years back, and that strain is an elite one that you must have, so tasty, for me it yields ok (a little over 3oz per plant) but the smell and the taste are by far my favorite of any herb hands down. its a heavy hitter too.

sonoma is ok bro, but like i said its not the holy grail.. i might just keep it because it smells ok, looks ok, and is a fairly heavy yielder. but as far as god like weed.. i hold the kens gdp more valuable for my collection.

sidewing

dunno i hear it being sativa. but the guys that had the cut at the collective said it was indica dominant. if i had to guess id say its like 60 sativa 40 indica. its uplifting daytime smoke, but not like haze or anything crazy. u can chill on it also. i have friends that really are liking it. im thinking of phasing it out its more of a connoisseur acquired taste. sort of musky, not really overpowering in smell. but it has a good stone to it. but i have so many other strains available right now that are just as stony and actually smell STRONG and taste way better. i was able to harvest about 2 dozen seeds of the sonoma from a outdoor plant though that a buddy did. and i have 2 friends that have the cut alive still, so if i phase it out its still available.

sidewing

well.. times go on, the clone i obtained was phased out way back when.. ive gone thru a lot of strains and i got my numbers down. i have these as keepers: cherry pie, kens gdp, blue dream, bay 11.
sonoma's been popping up in my head a lot lately, in part because a buddy of mine keeps asking me if i consider popping a seed and he's suprised i didnt like it more.
i think at the time, the high profile didnt fit my desire. i was looking for pure indica, now im feeling the sativas a little more than i was back then.
SO.... the time has come. i just started germinating one seed of sonoma coma, and one seed of GSC (obtained from a batch of thin mint, actually have about a dozen GSC seeds, and 2 dozen sonoma seeds)
im running DWC now, curious to see how sonoma does in a DWC setup running synthetic nutrients.

sidewing

Sonoma turned out different this time. Thinner leaves but more indica in effect. Very very vigorous. I obtained some new clone only genetics so Sonoma got the chop again... But not before I pollinated her with a phantom cookies male :) she smelled very berry/perfume this time, had lots of colors. I gave this particular seed pop to a buddy to keep alive also.

sidewing

well the phantom cookie male did Sonoma justice and I got a good 100 or so seeds out of it... It smokes so good.. The high is great. Strong but kind of relaxing.. Just intense enough to give it a good kick in your senses.. But relaxing enough to chill and unwind. Yield is heavy still.. The flavor is like a woody wine with a little grit, but smooth. Very nice and unique.

I hit this sonoma x phantom cookies with a male cherry pie x phantom cookies.. That's gonna be the next seed pop I do of it.. I have great expectations if it's anything like this round. Id image injecting more flavor due to cherry pie this time.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Nice

Nice

well the phantom cookie male did Sonoma justice and I got a good 100 or so seeds out of it... It smokes so good.. The high is great. Strong but kind of relaxing.. Just intense enough to give it a good kick in your senses.. But relaxing enough to chill and unwind. Yield is heavy still.. The flavor is like a woody wine with a little grit, but smooth. Very nice and unique.

I hit this sonoma x phantom cookies with a male cherry pie x phantom cookies.. That's gonna be the next seed pop I do of it.. I have great expectations if it's anything like this round. Id image injecting more flavor due to cherry pie this time.

Sounds like a winner man. Keep us posted.

OP

therevverend

Veteran
I was going to start my own thread but saw there already were a couple going. My story is that my buddy was out at the hot springs. In Oregon or Cali or Nevada last summer. A hippy dude was there, they were talking about growing. The dude says I got some seeds of the strain I been growing up on the mountain the last 10 years. It's called Sonoma Coma. I've kept it pure bred. He said he got the seeds originally from the breeder. My buddy says wait a second let me find a container to put the seeds in. Dude just starts dumping them in his hands, they're flying all over the place and falling on the ground. More ended up on the ground then in my friend's hands. He still managed to stash quite a few and gave some to me. Here's what it looks like so far.

picture.php

The pheno's got the crinkly fat nettle leaf look, it's even more pronounced in smaller plants. There's another pheno that looks more like a regular lime green ganja plant. No pronounced smell so far. I read it's 75% sativa 25% Indica which is bullshit as usual, everyone says their shit is 75% sativa nowadays. If that plant's 75% sativa I'm fucking 90% sativa.

Latest posts

Latest posts