What's new

The REAL Skunk Bud

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Take a walk with me down Memory Lane... Early mid-Eighties..

In my old neighborhood we had a Universal Greeting -- "Hey man, gotta joint?".

This one grey cloudy day I was walking down the street. I came upon a smoking aquantance from the hood. I was faster on the draw: "Hey man, gotta joint?" Bashfully he tapped his pockets; "No, man. I dont. But I know where to get one.. 2 streets away. Lets go". So we began the short trek..

We arrived at the house and knocked on the back door. The door opened. My smoking buddy spoke to the person at the door and asked if I could enter. After a quick look over at me they said yes. After the obligatory introductions we took seats at the kitchen table. Small talk then smoking buddy asks if they can front him a joint. The lady of the house sends her teenage son to grab one in her bedroom stash.

Son returns with a fat doob and momma lights it. I'm thinking, "Whoah! Thats Skunk Bud!". I have puffed that weed on a few prior occasions.. unmistakable! The heavy stank immediately enveloped the room. Oh yeah, baby. I'm into something good! The Skunk was quite different from what was around before. The most stinkiest bud known to man. If you had a sack double bagged in your pocket and walked into a room everybody knew. Then of course you would hear someone say, "Hey man, you have a joint!".

After her exhale I smiled and said, "Thats the Skunk!" Everyone in the room nodded in agreement. Momma smiled and said, "Oh you know about Skunk weed?" I replied that I smoked it a few times before. Momma proudly said everybody that smokes it loves it. The teenage boy interjects excitingly, "My uncle grows it! Aint that right, momma!" Momma smiles, nods, and said, "Yup, he sure does!".

Now I'm thinking, "Eh, so what. Lots of people grow weed". Then it dawned on me.. Skunk Bud was seedless.. Where did this uncle get the seeds? So, I just had to ask.. "Where did he get the seeds?". Momma said that its a secret and he aint telling. She continues that his weed is famous from coast to coast. I ask, "So what you're saying is that uncle is the originator of Skunk Bud?". "Yes. He. Is." Momma sends the teenager to get the envelope of pictures. At this time my skepticism is running big time.. but hey, the joint gets passed to me.. life is good!

The teenager returns and shows me pictures of plants that appear to be growing at the foot of an inclined hill. Wood frame lean-to's with opaque plastic sheeting over a good number of plants.. pictures and pictures of plants. I said, "Your uncle is a serious grower".. "I told you! Uncle is famous for his weed!"..

Perhaps the look on my face said, "I think you're full of BS". Momma turns to cupboard and pulls out a large green Tupperware bowl from the early 70's. She sits it on the table and removed the lid. Holey Moley did that Skunk just spray up my nose! Inside the bowl there was about 1 1/2 pounds of raggedy untrimmed Skunk Bud. "We just came back from paying him a visit and he gave us a garbage bag full".

So I just had to ask, "Where is he at?".. "West Virginia". I made an in.. or so I hoped when I replied "My momma's side is from West Virginia". Then I sheepishly asked, "Can you take me down there with you? I love weed, I love West By God, and I'd love to meet your uncle!".

The room filled with laughter. Momma smiled and said, "Uncle protects his weed patch with his life. He knows he has something special. He's making more money than he ever has. If anyone other than kin goes into that holler I guarantee they aint making it out of there... shot full of holes and fed to the hogs".

Momma grabbed a handful of the Skunk laying in the bowl and laid it on the table in front of my smoking buddy. My buddy pushed 4 buds in front of me. I picked up the buds, put them in a cigarette pack cellophane, and stashed it in my shirt pocket. Eventually we bid farewell to everyone.

My smoking buddy and I part ways at the driveway. About 5 minutes later another smoking buddy pulls over in his '69 Chevelle. . "Hey man! Get in!". I hop in and the cammed up 396 massaged my body. Immediately he looks at me and says, "Hey man.. I KNOW you have a joint!".

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Take a walk with me down Memory Lane... Early mid-Eighties..

In my old neighborhood we had a Universal Greeting -- "Hey man, gotta joint?".

This one grey cloudy day I was walking down the street. I came upon a smoking aquantance from the hood. I was faster on the draw: "Hey man, gotta joint?" Bashfully he tapped his pockets; "No, man. I dont. But I know where to get one.. 2 streets away. Lets go". So we began the short trek..

We arrived at the house and knocked on the back door. The door opened. My smoking buddy spoke to the person at the door and asked if I could enter. After a quick look over at me they said yes. After the obligatory introductions we took seats at the kitchen table. Small talk then smoking buddy asks if they can front him a joint. The lady of the house sends her teenage son to grab one in her bedroom stash.

Son returns with a fat doob and momma lights it. I'm thinking, "Whoah! Thats Skunk Bud!". I have puffed that weed on a few prior occasions.. unmistakable! The heavy stank immediately enveloped the room. Oh yeah, baby. I'm into something good! The Skunk was quite different from what was around before. The most stinkiest bud known to man. If you had a sack double bagged in your pocket and walked into a room everybody knew. Then of course you would hear someone say, "Hey man, you have a joint!".

After her exhale I smiled and said, "Thats the Skunk!" Everyone in the room nodded in agreement. Momma smiled and said, "Oh you know about Skunk weed?" I replied that I smoked it a few times before. Momma proudly said everybody that smokes it loves it. The teenage boy interjects excitingly, "My uncle grows it! Aint that right, momma!" Momma smiles, nods, and said, "Yup, he sure does!".

Now I'm thinking, "Eh, so what. Lots of people grow weed". Then it dawned on me.. Skunk Bud was seedless.. Where did this uncle get the seeds? So, I just had to ask.. "Where did he get the seeds?". Momma said that its a secret and he aint telling. She continues that his weed is famous from coast to coast. I ask, "So what you're saying is that uncle is the originator of Skunk Bud?". "Yes. He. Is." Momma sends the teenager to get the envelope of pictures. At this time my skepticism is running big time.. but hey, the joint gets passed to me.. life is good!

The teenager returns and shows me pictures of plants that appear to be growing at the foot of an inclined hill. Wood frame lean-to's with opaque plastic sheeting over a good number of plants.. pictures and pictures of plants. I said, "Your uncle is a serious grower".. "I told you! Uncle is famous for his weed!"..

Perhaps the look on my face said, "I think you're full of BS". Momma turns to cupboard and pulls out a large green Tupperware bowl from the early 70's. She sits it on the table and removed the lid. Holey Moley did that Skunk just spray up my nose! Inside the bowl there was about 1 1/2 pounds of raggedy untrimmed Skunk Bud. "We just came back from paying him a visit and he gave us a garbage bag full".

So I just had to ask, "Where is he at?".. "West Virginia". I made an in.. or so I hoped when I replied "My momma's side is from West Virginia". Then I sheepishly asked, "Can you take me down there with you? I love weed, I love West By God, and I'd love to meet your uncle!".

The room filled with laughter. Momma smiled and said, "Uncle protects his weed patch with his life. He knows he has something special. He's making more money than he ever has. If anyone other than kin goes into that holler I guarantee they aint making it out of there... shot full of holes and fed to the hogs".

Momma grabbed a handful of the Skunk laying in the bowl and laid it on the table in front of my smoking buddy. My buddy pushed 4 buds in front of me. I picked up the buds, put them in a cigarette pack cellophane, and stashed it in my shirt pocket. Eventually we bid farewell to everyone.

My smoking buddy and I part ways at the driveway. About 5 minutes later another smoking buddy pulls over in his '69 Chevelle. . "Hey man! Get in!". I hop in and the cammed up 396 massaged my body. Immediately he looks at me and says, "Hey man.. I KNOW you have a joint!".
Thanks for sharing friend. Very interesting.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone here hear that it went down there from Meigs County Ohio via Kentucky?

This is before my time. But the first weed I ever smoked was real skunk bud. From 92-96 and after everyone went to jail people turned to nl#5 and bc big bud to protect their interests.

HarleyJammer

Veteran

This is before my time. But the first weed I ever smoked was real skunk bud. From 92-96 and after everyone went to jail people turned to nl#5 and bc big bud to protect their interests.

In the early 90's we used to get the Kind from Meigs County. That was some good smoke. Meigs wasn't Skunk but IIRC it was a hybrid. Word got around and 5-0 shut it down.

Jonestown88

Attachments

• 92DD8DD3-A655-4287-AFCC-07F322462966.jpeg
    92DD8DD3-A655-4287-AFCC-07F322462966.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • 195258C6-B2C3-459D-B08B-77673BB51311.jpeg
    195258C6-B2C3-459D-B08B-77673BB51311.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
  • 6BFC8A81-7733-43EC-9641-7D4E90A113F6.png
    6BFC8A81-7733-43EC-9641-7D4E90A113F6.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 106
  • 30F6F575-A951-4023-AB97-9D2865F0B915.jpeg
    30F6F575-A951-4023-AB97-9D2865F0B915.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103

Jonestown88

I have the rks aka skunkbud

Attachments

• 0E12972B-3059-4F7B-BDEA-66E8E5215613.png
    0E12972B-3059-4F7B-BDEA-66E8E5215613.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 40

HarleyJammer

Veteran
ATTENTION! ** DISCLAIMER **

Although it has been 40 years since I was shown the pictures of the plants these are my findings (read: opinion).. From my recollection --

The plants were squatty, short, obvious indica
The fans were large, dark green (the time of the pics appeared to be at dusk so maybe this played a role) and I vividly recall a 'corrugated' appearance.

Therefore, judging by @Jonestown88 pics I can tentatively state that his plants bear a resemblance to the OG WV Skunk Bud that was shown to me.

Also, I could describe the buds as medium sized, light to medium green in color with orange pistils.

Now, the only way I can 100% ascertain if this is the Real Deal Skunk is if I smoke it...

Hey man, gotta joint? :)

JAWS

so im guessing this cut is on lock down and not get able by any one.

that being said have you made ANY hybrids with her, and more importantly are any of those HYBRIDS get able by any one.

humm interesting for-sure ..

Jonestown88

ATTENTION! ** DISCLAIMER **

Although it has been 40 years since I was shown the pictures of the plants these are my findings (read: opinion).. From my recollection --

The plants were squatty, short, obvious indica
The fans were large, dark green (the time of the pics appeared to be at dusk so maybe this played a role) and I vividly recall a 'corrugated' appearance.

Therefore, judging by @Jonestown88 pics I can tentatively state that his plants bear a resemblance to the OG WV Skunk Bud that was shown to me.

Also, I could describe the buds as medium sized, light to medium green in color with orange pistils.

Now, the only way I can 100% ascertain if this is the Real Deal Skunk is if I smoke it...

Hey man, gotta joint? :)
That i do friend

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the early 90's we used to get the Kind from Meigs County. That was some good smoke. Meigs wasn't Skunk but IIRC it was a hybrid. Word got around and 5-0 shut it down.

Not to hijack the thread. As this is relevant but noodles son actually shared the story on one of my threads on another forum

Miegs skunk good back to the 70s. Claimed to be pre soviet afghani X kerala s Indian

Meigs gold was afghani X acapulco gold (I think?!)

I've followed some other threads that discussed the topic and they said the skunk went to keep Kentucky then VA.

If thats the case that might or might not be what you have?

Super dope either way!

Jonestown88

so im guessing this cut is on lock down and not get able by any one.

that being said have you made ANY hybrids with her, and more importantly are any of those HYBRIDS get able by any one.

humm interesting for-sure ..
I never said she wasnt gettable im trying to spread her around I’ve offered her to csi notsodog and even riot seeds who supposedly is hunting for rks and they all blew me off and I offered it to them for free in hopes they would breed her and make her accessible to the community im retired from guerilla growing and my dad was murdered and im the last one in my family alive with the cut like literally the last one and have no one to back her up with and ive made this painfully clear to the breeders I’ve offered her and none of the people i wanted to take would take me seriously so now im stuck between oldschool chronic he wants her and promised to spread her out but i dont know how honest he is and u have assholes on strainly used ho want the cut but all they care about is charging 10000$ a cut which nobody has that kind of money so what do i do but i did already give daz nightowl the cut and him i trust but whether he shares is up to him so anyone who knows a worthy breeder who is trustworthy or honest lmk and if anyone knows if oldschool chronic is honest lmk my gut tells me yes but people would tell me anything to get the rks!

SolarLogos

I never said she wasnt gettable im trying to spread her around I’ve offered her to csi notsodog and even riot seeds who supposedly is hunting for rks and they all blew me off and I offered it to them for free in hopes they would breed her and make her accessible to the community im retired from guerilla growing and my dad was murdered and im the last one in my family alive with the cut like literally the last one and have no one to back her up with and ive made this painfully clear to the breeders I’ve offered her and none of the people i wanted to take would take me seriously so now im stuck between oldschool chronic he wants her and promised to spread her out but i dont know how honest he is and u have assholes on strainly used ho want the cut but all they care about is charging 10000$ a cut which nobody has that kind of money so what do i do but i did already give daz nightowl the cut and him i trust but whether he shares is up to him so anyone who knows a worthy breeder who is trustworthy or honest lmk and if anyone knows if oldschool chronic is honest lmk my gut tells me yes but people would tell me anything to get the rks!
Self her. Colloidal silver is easy to make and so far, it hasn't failed me yet (knock on wood, I know my day is coming). Call it Jonestown Skunk and share the love.
Good on you for being her caretaker.
Peace Brother.

Jonestown88

Not to hijack the thread. As this is relevant but noodles son actually shared the story on one of my threads on another forum

Miegs skunk good back to the 70s. Claimed to be pre soviet afghani X kerala s Indian

Meigs gold was afghani X acapulco gold (I think?!)

I've followed some other threads that discussed the topic and they said the skunk went to keep Kentucky then VA.

If thats the case that might or might not be what you have?

Super dope either way!
My dad was the sergeant of arms for the outlaws daytona chapter if that means anything to ya and i know all about noodles he died in Huntington wv just 20 minutes from were i live now but what i have isnt meigs county gold but it is the rks the ohio boys used to make there skunk but they never got my dads prized cut to breed with only hybrids that carried the skunk terps my dad never let this cut get out it was our life line back then and we was getting unheard of money up in newyork but our cut did get stolen in grundy virginia by our cousin and he sold it to our customers and my dad shot him in the face over it but my cousin lived and after a couple of decades they patched things up!

Attachments

• CAA1E5CB-2285-47FB-A840-FED9E173A59F.jpeg
    CAA1E5CB-2285-47FB-A840-FED9E173A59F.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 101
  • CE844EB9-DFA6-424E-B36E-809DF885C2C5.jpeg
    CE844EB9-DFA6-424E-B36E-809DF885C2C5.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 7B32DD72-55A4-4C25-A03D-83229ACF7398.jpeg
    7B32DD72-55A4-4C25-A03D-83229ACF7398.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 707632CC-142F-41AD-858C-55E94955EA90.jpeg
    707632CC-142F-41AD-858C-55E94955EA90.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 97

Vallen

Since i mentioned to my uncle about "the old Kentucky skunk weed". He has asked me if i could get some. He was going on about how he remembers how stoned it got him. I will meet you wherever is convenient,.and pick up a cut. If you want to keep it going. I have a veg room with some room in it. I am not looking to make money off it. I am just excited to be growing again, since it's legal in Ohio now. I plan on keeping some mothers perpetually. I am close to Cincinnati. So i can easily spread it out.

SolarLogos

Self her. Colloidal silver is easy to make and so far, it hasn't failed me yet (knock on wood, I know my day is coming). Call it Jonestown Skunk and share the love.
Good on you for being her caretaker.
Peace Brother.
My dad was the sergeant of arms for the outlaws daytona chapter if that means anything to ya and i know all about noodles he died in Huntington wv just 20 minutes from were i live now but what i have isnt meigs county gold but it is the rks the ohio boys used to make there skunk but they never got my dads prized cut to breed with only hybrids that carried the skunk terps my dad never let this cut get out it was our life line back then and we was getting unheard of money up in newyork but our cut did get stolen in grundy virginia by our cousin and he sold it to our customers and my dad shot him in the face over it but my cousin lived and after a couple of decades they patched things up!
My condolences regarding the loss of your father. Maybe honor him, name it after him and spread S-1 seeds around. You already have a great backstory for it. Make it and your dad a legend.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.