What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The real road-kill (loud skunk)

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After a 2 year respite from growing and breeding. After June 1 I will be continuing my road-kill breeding project.

Here is a sample of one of my seed lines. Front end is a bit sweet. But the back door is all road-kill. Especially once the sweet oxidized if the jar or bag is left open.

Stay tuned for the progress. It's still going to take some time.
Screenshot_20220326-131113_LinkedIn.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So whats new on this project? @!@
Great question! I really appreciate the reminder.

I will post the 2023 outdoor season and continue 2024 here as well.

Been at this a very long time. Produced a few nose burners. Skunky skunk #1 and 2#.

Based on all my projects, smoking experience etc.

I'm at the point now after a 2 to 3 years off and the grow last year that one of, if not all the skunk weed (rks) we got in the 90s. Is / was a presoviet afghani hashplant (maybe kabul or mazar maybe hindu, paki or kush i have) x a colombian and or colombian/mexican. Will have to get my nieghbors again on board this season to make sure all the right x are done

It was around 75 in bc and lasted to 95. I'm stoked for 2024 becuase I've found the right colombian and mexican lines. And afghanicas.

Going to smash this thread this week and that should get us close to. I'm also doing a black out in the greenhouse this year to get mote optimal conditions no matter how good or shitty the fall is (was horrible last year)

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After waiting since 1995 for loud skunk to resurface. I took it upon myself (and I’m sure many others) to grow out and data mine this legendary strain (strains)

Now I hate to break it to ya but if you never smoked or grew the rks it’s a massive disadvantage for you to bother. If you have…well the olfactory senses in the brain retain memory better then the memory itself.

I started growing alot of clones and seeds in 2007 when I was one of not many to get an mmar.

My last serious rks in 2012 project spawned no road-kill. But it did give us the world famous original fruity pebbles og.

I’m fortunate enough to live now in a place where clone onlies are still around from the 70s. And have always had old timers give me seeds and clones to help with the project.

This thread is to out not only people trying to sell sweet weed called skunk. Which I hope people can share their victories and disappointments. As an rks data mine.

I’ve personally sourced on the ground seeds from South America. Interested some from the people that have died or retired. Got epic clones of extremely skunky specimens.

Last summer things got better after a 2 year hiatus from growing or breeding. And alot of fortunate dusting happened. I won’t share many pics from the 2 sea of green garden beds I managed to pull off a breeding round with. But when I’m breeding I honestly don’t care about looks I care about loud.

The donor male i used is called 81. A very pungent skunky acrid line of seeds that were claimed to come from California. 81 becuase sacred seeds claimed on their packaging of real skunk.

Using a platform not only helps me record keep, but hopefully will attract people with knowledge and experience with my project.

I am hoping after this and next summer the loud skunk project will be complete. Good things take time and I am not opposed to it taking 5 years since no one else is really willing to be a heartist and put in real work. This thread is what we have.

If anyone that has grown and smoked rks. Please share what isn’t rks to save others time and money and heartbreak.
Screenshot_20240220_181539_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181557_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181619_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181640_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181713_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181742_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181824_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_181909_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_182215_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240220_182234_Samsung Internet.jpg

JAWS

a friend of mine just got in some of your fpog and your skunk, hes going to be hunting for stinky skunks and the cereal-n-milk as well as the dry cereal phenols in your line. he said you told him there should be no problem finding these things, im growing those through him and i hope he finds something worth giving some of my time and space to.

we shall see ..

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a friend of mine just got in some of your fpog and your skunk, hes going to be hunting for stinky skunks and the cereal-n-milk as well as the dry cereal phenols in your line. he said you told him there should be no problem finding these things, im growing those through him and i hope he finds something worth giving some of my time and space to.

we shall see ..
Hey dude. Yuppers.

After reading this i put 2 and 2 together all good g

I still have about 50 seed left of the true f1 hybrid alien bought off me and relabelled. Most went to ic mag as testers pre Tedder.

I only popped 4 seeds last fall and got an epic cereal milk expression. (More short, dense and green loke the dry cereal)
Screenshot_20240208_093223_Photos.jpg

The lemon-aid pheno is a beast in stretch and vigor and lighter green.

Screenshot_20240127_181003_Photos.jpg

I always tell everyone you can typically get 3 un- ique amazing moms in every 13 pack. Becuase of how unique they arw to eachother

So it's like a 3 for 1 investment

I'm confident they / you will find at least amazing keepers

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
excellent and hes going to get to them ASAP so hopefully the magic will happen over his way.

very nice ..
I've stress tested them harshly.

Always breeds true in crosses and has no hermie issues.

I was trying to make road-kill skunk weed in early 2012. As I have been off and on for 3 decades (searching/ making etc)

The tent with the Tahoe male from Cali connection had shiva skunk, sensi skunk, sensi skunk #1, nevils slunk #1 and #2, silver skunk a special bc skunk, old vancouver Island indica skunk It was packed. It was one of 6 breeding rooms that round. I think I even had gypsy nirvana feral afghani in there I tecieved as freebies from the bay

Often times nature / fate / "accidents" whatever we want to call it creates kinds of epic proportions . Lab tests some of my colleagues made from her revealed that depending on the pheno she had 2 to 1 and 4 to 1 the cbg most other strains have.

This is relevant becuase aside from the intoxicating smells and tastes, why she was such a crowd favorite....the Lab tests revealed it. I ha e much more potent cultivars. As the bc cali markets demanded. #FPOG has never been like that its been positive, euphoric and mouth watering. A great combo to captivate the hearts and senses of rookie to seasoned consumers and growers / breeders

P.s. I generally don't share this type of info but from my last big commercial crop I grew the extract was so good I was getting 20k a kilo for shatter when the market was hovering around 8 to 10k just some real life data mining. Her extracts return was also a whopper, specifically the lemon-aid pheno which leans heavily if not mostly to the sativa end. She got her name here from people that grew the testers openly and privately. And that's how alien found me.

Turbo5

I’m new to this forum, I read through this post and saw FPOG, which I’ve been forever looking for! Is there somewhere one can acquire some beans? I would love to stick my head in a bag and inhale that sweet smell.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m new to this forum, I read through this post and saw FPOG, which I’ve been forever looking for! Is there somewhere one can acquire some beans? I would love to stick my head in a bag and inhale that sweet smell.
Here's the lemon-aid pheno in all her glory (seed pack pic)

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did gypsy nirvana originally male high rise?

Or just "nirvana" I think it's an old skunk plant and a hindu kush (aka master kush?)

Screenshot_20240221_194447_Samsung Internet.jpg

JAWS

lots of info as usual from you and that's something i like, if you were not in another part of the world id have some of your work and would be doing some hunting for-sure. not much on he said she said in this game, i like to test/hunt things personally before dropping the goods or bad's on any given strain{s}. if i cant get any seeds from my friend i will wait for him to make fresh stock and look through those for my skunk needs. i think the old school skunk were all after may be lost forever, well thats how it seems. i cant even find anything that really even has a kind of skunk to her. its been a hunt and one i will continue to do until WELL YA.

thanks for the info MED ..

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lots of info as usual from you and that's something i like, if you were not in another part of the world id have some of your work and would be doing some hunting for-sure. not much on he said she said in this game, i like to test/hunt things personally before dropping the goods or bad's on any given strain{s}. if i cant get any seeds from my friend i will wait for him to make fresh stock and look through those for my skunk needs. i think the old school skunk were all after may be lost forever, well thats how it seems. i cant even find anything that really even has a kind of skunk to her. its been a hunt and one i will continue to do until WELL YA.

thanks for the info MED ..

Okay good to hear! When I click post reply sometimes I cringe a bit feeling like I just made a manic rant lol 😆 (I'm positive projecting becuase I actually love as much info as possible from others haha)

I'm updating the locked fpog thread rn it should be open soon.

In that grow there's was about 30 pounds of dried flower from 27 plants. 50% lemon-aid and 50% dry cereal. 26 days veg I think and 64 days full flower cycle (60 days bloom plus 4 days shock ripening)

As per Roadkill. 1 week and less pre harvest the outside of the facility smelled more like rks then any grow I ever did. There was 2 charcoal filters running inside (was not sealed the best) so it's a test of pungency even from these sweeter fruitier plants. But there was quite a bit of weed in there. None the less I was thinking about the old skunk in the mix when I was outside unlocking the metal gate to get in. Mouth was drooling lol

As per rks again....I've been obsessed more then ever the older I get and beleive in the power of attraction. I also live in the mecca of north american Roadkill production so anyone 45 or older here has either trimmed, smoked, sold and or grew it from 1975sh to 1995sh

After last summer. I am convinced there was no presoviet mazar in the cross. But kabul. My presoviets kabuls have 50% what the big bud skunk (the one everyone has experienced) had. We can go so far to say muted rks. I didn't get a male. It was a wierd year. I was lucky to get a pre soviet hindu kush male.

I test grew a bunch of pure peru x pink kush, sour diesel and rock-star kush true f1 and they were stellar. Just not quite there.

My olfactory memory is stellar. So I am hoping to get a good kabul male (stock is very very low) and pollinate a guerroro, acapulco , oaxaca (which I think is the winner) and the pure peru (there are orange mexican and skunier phenos there too which could also do it) and I am hoping by 2025 to be growing a loud skunk aka rks remix

The reason why the road has been so long is time lapses in between projects, alot of frustration and looking in the wrong places. All my energy now is laser focussed on the goal. And only prison, illness or death is going to stop me lol

I was fortunate enough to get some old original skunk seeds from the 70s from a vancouver Island guy. One of my neighbors had some 80s lone too. So the testing won't stop either.

Latest posts

Latest posts