What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The real cookies .....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never heard of Thinmint until after Forum was released. ABF is where to get the info on this.

If you check out Str8flame’s interview (2021)on the First Smoke of the Day podcast he talks all about Animal Cookies being renamed forum so they could fetch a higher ticket.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a great interview.. I agree with many things ABF mentions.,

lol, all renamed cuts of Forum?? Possible.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

good interview for sure.
He talks about there not being a male and i find that part especially interesting.
I have been growing chunkypigs gear since he first started dropping and I grabbed quite a few of his different lines and multiple packs of a couple including his Scoutbreath. In those OGKB GSC bag seeds he found , one was a male.
Now I have grown out so many seeds of his lines now that used that male that I have surmised that he is a super stud. He dominates in everything he is crossed too and lays down the cookie dominance big time.
Right now I have the last 5 scoutbreath seeds going from the packs I bought in 2018. I also have a couple small plants of GSC, same size as the scoutbreaths. I am seeing major similarities amongst these plants and it's gonna be fun watching everything flower out together..... OGKB 2.0 (clone) , Scoutbreath, Fire OGKB f2 and GSC
gonna be a cookie palooza up in here ;)

NEED 4 SEED

Does the forums offspring throw "ogkb" phenos?
Or Does the ogkb's offspring throw forum phenos?
Don't know much about the OGKB but if this pheno is the one that doesn't grow much and looks runty with dark rounded leaves, short internodes, 1 or 3 blade leaves - then I can say I had one out of 25 Chimera Cookies S1 over the years and also just one right at this moment out of 7 Thin Mint S1 (40 days flower right now). So looks to be more common in the Thin Mint progeny to me (not representative). Comparing these two different S1 lines I suspect that the Chimera line may be the better one with more real cookie phenos. They had all the same smell with almost no variation and only some variation in looks and growth, where the Thin Mint S1 from Cannaventure have some different smells and touch at this point. But it's still 3 weeks of flower for the Thin Mint and we shall see soon. There are also 3 S2 plants of the Chimera Cookies in my tent that I made with STS and they look also promising. But there is not much left to improve in a GSC plant. I'm just hoping for a twist in smell and effect.
I can try and make a few pics tomorrow.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OGKB grows about 6" per month. She doesn't take pollen well. It has a very unique structure/growth
DSCN0742.JPG
DSCN3265.JPG

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

Small plant compact growth. Flowers couldn't be any more dense. I liked her more than the other cookies. Its good smoke.
and the OGKB 2.0 kicks that up to a whole nuther level..... robust plants, excellent vigor, moderate to high yield.
I have 4 of them going right now in my greenhouse in the beginning days of 12/12 light dep. They will impress come harvest time but I have grown this cut in my greenhouse for 3 seasons now and she is staying in my stable for as long as I can keep her. I have the GSC cut as well , one for a mother and the other just started light dep as well. Not as much vigor as the 2.0 but has similar growth characteristics in the branching.
Gonna be fun to compare the two come harvest time.

greenhouse scrog in 2020 the first season I got to run her
August 18 a couple weeks into light dep
08-24-2020 OGKB 2.0 @ 19 days - Copy.JPG

Sept 24
09-24-2020 OGKB 2.0 pic 1 - Copy.jpg

Then getting close to harvest time Oct 10 and i harvested them about a week after these pics.

10-10-2020 OGKB 2.0 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

10-10-2020 OGKB 2.0 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

10-10-2020 OGKB 2.0 pic 7 - Copy.JPG

10-10-2020 OGKB 2.0 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:

MD84

Isn't the name 'forum' a bit of a give away? Iirc that name came from it being found/passed around by forum members. Wouldn't that suggest it wasn't the original? Threads from 2013 seem to suggest the thin mint/jigga cut was the original. I never really expected them to release any cookies seeds at it seemed like they just got lucky with a herm. Then you have Berner who appears to have taken ownership as it's now known by some breeders as Berners cookies so i don't know how guys like Jigga would really work that line in their own companies without facing lawsuits lol

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Isn't the name 'forum' a bit of a give away? Iirc that name came from it being found/passed around by forum members. Wouldn't that suggest it wasn't the original? Threads from 2013 seem to suggest the thin mint/jigga cut was the original. I never really expected them to release any cookies seeds at it seemed like they just got lucky with a herm. Then you have Berner who appears to have taken ownership as it's now known by some breeders as Berners cookies so i don't know how guys like Jigga would really work that line in their own companies without facing lawsuits lol
Ya had to be there…The podcasts posted can’t both be false….

It comes down to what you choose to believe…

I did a review of the “forum cut” on my YouTube and I suggested that the really way no “animal cookie” it’s just dialed forum when it’s not micro nugged.

I ran the same cut made a few changes and my forum turned into animal…

Look at miscabrah’s pic of the forum cut

Here’s my video

Last edited:

MD84

Yeah i guess but abf doesn't know what was held. He only states that he was given a cut. If Gelato is anything to go by i'd bet the cookie fam had more than one cut. I kick myself every time i think about the Thin Mint cut i had. Whatever it's origins it was a great smoke

Tynehead Tom

I'd love to hear OGKushBreath weigh in on all this cookie lineage and lore. Can't seem to find him on any forums I visit.

NEED 4 SEED

Ya had to be there…The podcasts posted can’t both be false….

It comes down to what you choose to believe…

I did a review of the “forum cut” on my YouTube and I suggested that the really way no “animal cookie” it’s just dialed forum when it’s not micro nugged.

I ran the same cut made a few changes and my forum turned into animal…

Look at miscabrah’s pic of the forum cut

Here’s my video

Nice video. While I think the forum is a nice cut, from the looks in the video i think my Chimera S1 plants are still a bit more advanced. I wish I could smoke some forum for testing against my cooks. Next year I will grow the third cookie S1 cross which IS Forum Cut S1 by Humboldt CSI. I have then grown Chimera's undisclosed cut S1, Cannaventure Thin Mint S1 and like I said CSI's Forum S1. This year's test plants from a cross of Chimera's x (SSH x BB)F2 male also look promising. I'll post pics at harvest time. Here's now the Thin Mint runt at 41 days.

Attachments

• 20230727_170902.jpg
    20230727_170902.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Latest posts