What's new

The Re-Invention of MileHighGuy

Nice grow space! Yay for keeping it organic! All that ph stuff and starter kits and all that jazz sounds like a royal pain in the arse! I don't even know how to use a ph meter, I'm a total newb and have a gorgeous garden. I'm a single mom and don't have a lot of free time or money. Doing the no-till thing and its super cheap, and super easy. Just tossing out ideas since you're trying to get a perpetual thing started. You could do a few awesome no-till beds with all that space. And all you're doing is re-ammending, making tea... so easy. Check me out sometime. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=4782932#post4782932 Good Luck~ mgd

eyes

Veteran
obviously I have to get used to coco... problems were worse today...

Solution

Back to square one.

I'm doing what I should have done before I planted.

FLushing my coco completely, then I'm gonna let the little girls recover for awhile before I decide what to do, and what they really need.

I'm flushing with 5 gallons of water, I'm adding less than a cup of my tea just to keep everything living. The PH of my Flush water is being checked each 5 gallon bucket before I flush each plant 1 at a time with all 5 gallons. sort of orangey yellow haha so I'm guessing between 5 and 6 should be perfect.

In the meantime I went and bought the 29.00 Starter Kit of General Organics Entire line-up.

I wanted to buy their CalMag but they whole kit was so dang cheap.

cool. glad your going to try it. let me know what u think. are u using coarse coco? what brand? i use the fine coco all the time. my chem fertilizers are collecting dust. i never check the ph. or tds of the solution when i mix. use the 2 tsp or 10 ml formula. use it every watering. bottom feed em once in awhile,too. make sure your tap is good ppm. i use a r,o. cause im like 280 and i have rust and sediment as well. keep us posted. i went with the biothrive gro for the extra nitrogen cause i add the bat guano for extra phosphorus.

eyes

Veteran
give it 2- to 3 waterings before u get the results u want.with organics it takes extra days unlike chem fertilizers where theres an immediate result.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks for the ideas MissGreenDreamsz, Your garden is beautiful.

I love tinkering with my garden, and after a few adjustments, I'll have this Coco thing down and I'm positive it will be more productive than soil, as for the time involved... you've got me beat hands down, but that's why I do it this way, I love to be involved daily and as a recovering Hydro grower, I think I may have found a happy medium.

If I ever return to soil, which I very well may, I will absolutely be looking into the living compost, or no-till thing... I really really love the idea of it and your plants are looking incredible.

I loved the Before and after tea pictures, once I get past the first couple weeks here, check back, I'm sure I'll have it all dialed in and looking good :)

MileHighGuy

Veteran
cool. glad your going to try it. let me know what u think. are u using coarse coco? what brand? i use the fine coco all the time. my chem fertilizers are collecting dust. i never check the ph. or tds of the solution when i mix. use the 2 tsp or 10 ml formula. use it every watering. bottom feed em once in awhile,too. make sure your tap is good ppm. i use a r,o. cause im like 280 and i have rust and sediment as well. keep us posted. i went with the biothrive gro for the extra nitrogen cause i add the bat guano for extra phosphorus.

Long story short, I made two mixes because I ran out the first go...

I filled all of my bags about 25% full of a Coco-Coir mix, I forget the brand, but the photo is in my first few posts. This mix included about 30% perlite and a good helping of bat guano and Earth Worm Castings.

Then a few bags got the same coco with perlite but way less ewc and guano for the top 75% of the bags.

The remaining bags were left needing the last 75% to be filled and I had no more coco or perlite left, so I went to the store and they were out of a few things so I got the Chunky Coco and the regular coco, 1 LARGE brick of each and mixed them together.... I think i like this stuff better, but we will see... I also amended these with a little EWC and Nitrogen Guano.

I never check the TDS but as someone who just got off Hydro I can't go without a Ph Check... but we will see, maybe once I try these nutrients.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Here is one of the Cindy 99's (Ooopps I meant Blue Hash)

picture.php

She's looking great except for some burn on a few leaves... and you can't see in the pictures but faint signs of the same CalMag issues as the smaller plants...

Here are some of my symptoms and why I'm flushing.

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
They Look Very happy after their flush last night :dance013:

and I just cleaned the tent sprayed with an organic insect and mildew preventative.

Now they are back in their clean home, nice and flushed and ready to grow.:jump::jump:

picture.php

B

BrnCow

Do the PE and make sure it is full grown before you harvest. My friend had some of that that had 26 CBD and 19% THC according to one of your local dispensaries. Then you can have some $$ to put towards your tomato deal. Keep us posted. I have always been interested in the tomato deal and would like to see one done right. Bet there is a good market for them also. If you can get some Kong cuts, you would rather do them first...or grandaddy...or golden goat...

MileHighGuy

Veteran
PE didn't make it... I've ran her before and she is very tasty, but nice to know it has high CBD also... Maybe another go around down the road.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Mixed up a little General Organics Cocktail lastnight and dosed em up.

I've been reading a lot more about coco and they definetely needed their nutes.

I fed them with a lot of run off.

I really feel like today is the end of their deficiencies.

wish me luck

lil~greensprout

Living life large...
Veteran
Hey MileHighGuy, your right about coco, it's pretty "plain Jane"
right off the brick, but once you get the nutes levels up and get the
micros/macros doing their thing, you'll start too see some serious growth,
followed by some serious smiles... :)

Like'n the new diggs, peace and be safe, Sprout. :wave:
Oh and good luck, though I doubt you'll need it !

MileHighGuy

Veteran
My feeling this morning was correct, and I am so F'ing stoked right now.

When I got home from work and checked on the young ladies, they were all looking vibrant with fresh new growth... and no signs of problems on the new growth.

Time to smoke a celebratory bowl. :joint: :rasta: :smoke: :kos::bongsmi:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Notes that will make my Next round much better:

1. Sprout my seeds the same way but in a beer cup with coco and transplant a little later than I did this time.

2. Pre Soak my Coco, and the pre charge my coco with nutes and calmag.

3. I was going cheap this time, but better containers are a must for drainage.

4. Drain to waste table or something to make this easier to have runoff every feeding.

5. Keep learning.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Things are really taking off now.

Next time I'm going to start the seeds in some started cups of coco for a couple weeks before transplant, I have 7 Lemon Skunks that I started about 2 weeks ago in small cups and they are doing AWESOME. I have NO uniformity in size, but I'll be vegging until the very smallest show sex :)

picture.php

Thought I might have been overfeeding, but noticed the problems only on the biggest plants, so I was underfeeding those....

Not anymore!!!

Peace

MileHighGuy

Veteran
2nd row from the left are all C99 and the front plant on the first row....

Look at how Sativa the middle two C-99's are compared to the rest.... I'm excited for a couple different pheno's...

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Oh, and that pic is from a few days ago, I'll get another tomorrow and update better when I'm not at work...