What's new

The Prodigal Son

HellaFella420

Veteran
This is nothing scientific, Just a comparative assessment of the different fixtures with a light meters' "Foot-candle" measurment:

Old school T-8 shoplights with one red and one blue bulb each, 6x of them @ 1'
picture.php

Similar fixture, different room, over vegging plants [for comparison]
picture.php

8 bulb T-5 fixture @ 1'
picture.php

Inda-Gro @ 1'
picture.php

Didn't even realize till now, that I never did a measurement under one of the 1000w's, only this 600w HPS.. The light-meter read "overload," and I had to switch the scale to kFc [Kilofoot-candles] as you can kind of make on on the display.
picture.php

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha thats a great thing!

Thanks for following thru with the update - How will this benefit you and your garden Hella? Just curious how you are going to apply this information.

The induction light is 400watts right? what about the t5/8s?

sorry if this is boring stupid conversation - its just nice to see some one actually using these different fixtures and being able to compare and contrast them.

Awefully curious due to caused speculation and claims

The plants look awesome man! :smoke out:

HellaFella420

Veteran
Well, it's all relative and has to be taken with a grain of salt... Most of these lights put out their lumens over a given area as opposed to a single point of light like a single bulb, the sun, or mebbe a plasma induction lamp.

The T-8's for instance 54w per bulb x12 over a 4'x8' area.. The light meter is essentially only reading the energy that is falling out of a single shop light fixture because the overall lumens are cast over a very large area.

The T-5's are remarkably more concentrated, 92w per bulb in an 8 bulb fixture in an about 2'x4' footprint.

Inda-gro's concentrate further, all its lumens are cast from about 1'x3' area.

HPS gets even better, all its output comes from about 1/2"x6"...

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Trainwreck was one of the first strains I grew. Havent seen it around my parts for a while. 7 years back this area was flooded with wreck. We were walking on trainwreck.

Its aroma sometimes reminds me of the inside of a cheerios box.

Mister_D

Veteran
Trainwreck was one of the first strains I grew. Havent seen it around my parts for a while. 7 years back this area was flooded with wreck. We were walking on trainwreck.

Hmmm going to have to go smell my cheerios now :laughing:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Hmmm going to have to go smell my cheerios now :laughing:

I swear sometimes it does, at least the cut im familiar with.

it also smells like herbed turkey sometimes iirc, sometimes a (i hate to say it) "thanks giving" stuffing smell as well. definitely cooked spices and turkey meat.

Fresh young Coconut water tastes like leftover milk from a bowl of honey nut cheerios.

sorry Hella Fella, floatin off of this cookies..

HellaFella420

Veteran

HOLY SHIT!! I thought I was the only person ever to think that!! People always look at me crazy when I throw that one out there, they didn't grow up eating Cheerio's like I did, i guess...

You nailed it son, that's the TW, Arcata 'wreck, e-32, and so on.

That's waaaaay to unique and descriptive of a smell, I'm honestly shocked that you said this! You must have quite a nose for the turpenes!

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
HOLY SHIT!! I thought I was the only person ever to think that!! People always look at me crazy when I throw that one out there, they didn't grow up eating Cheerio's like I did, i guess...

You nailed it son, that's the TW, Arcata 'wreck, e-32, and so on.

That's waaaaay to unique and descriptive of a smell, I'm honestly shocked that you said this! You must have quite a nose for the turpenes!
NO WAY!!! you tooo!?!?

I have thrown that out there before, only for it to get shot down. It has that exact smell though. Its pretty unique. I havent smoked any wreck for at least 5 years, but I know that smell.:)

Im not sure if its my nose, or the fact that I also grew up on cheerios.

I miss that wreck, id love to grow it again someday.

Keep it up HF420!!

Mister_D

Veteran
I swear sometimes it does, at least the cut im familiar with.

it also smells like herbed turkey sometimes iirc, sometimes a (i hate to say it) "thanks giving" stuffing smell as well. definitely cooked spices and turkey meat.

Fresh young Coconut water tastes like leftover milk from a bowl of honey nut cheerios.

sorry Hella Fella, floatin off of this cookies..

After getting some strange looks from my girl for deeply smelling the cereal box :laughing:, I must agree. Trainwreck really does remind me of cheerios, thanksgiving stuffing and spiced turkey meat. Kind of leaves me wanting...... Might have to see if I can't track her down again.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
niiice! a room full of weed thats what i like to see

i've seen a few versions of trainwreck, seems like it got watered down or something. that original cut, the super lemony, greasy shit. thats what i like. haven't had any in years tho, although i'm sure it's still around especially up in the 707

HellaFella420

Veteran
It's not very widespread up here anymore that i'm familiar with either, its all different "pheno's" of Cookies and other market driven bullshit.

This is the same cut I had prolly 8 years ago, I gave a few genetics to a friend when I left the area, and went knocking on their door the same week I came back, There it sat just waiting on the Prodigal son.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
The Trainwreck is an awesome clone, it does well indoors and out and it's great smoke. The forum cookies clone is decent smoke but I have never wanted to tend the plant..

FatherEarth

Veteran
I'd take that e32 wreck over any of the cookies I've had. I bet it makes killer shatter too.

Shcrews trainwreck does make amazing BHO. i dont think HF420 is into that tho haha

Yea I had the pleasure of working with this TW and I can totally agree it makes really nice shatter, and its not hard to get the full terpene profile into the oil. Tasty TW pyramids
The Trainwreck oil will get you going in the morning, and for some of us it makes for a bit of paranoia, lol.....

picture.php

picture.php

HellaFella420

Veteran
That's mighty purdy! You have a silicone mold your casting those with? How secret are your methods?

Those picture are from two different batches? What makes for that stratified clarity?

oheygrow

Wow very nice thread! I'm the son in a father/son medical op and showed your thread to my dad, we both found it rather inspirational. I know just looking at how much you put into your work has motivated me to put up the extra few hours that are needed here and there, so thank you!

PS: Loved your videos, if you get a chance make more! I found you talking about your nutes very helpful as someone who is still learning a lot.

HellaFella420

Veteran
Wow very nice thread! I'm the son in a father/son medical op and showed your thread to my dad, we both found it rather inspirational. I know just looking at how much you put into your work has motivated me to put up the extra few hours that are needed here and there, so thank you!

PS: Loved your videos, if you get a chance make more! I found you talking about your nutes very helpful as someone who is still learning a lot.

Oh snap, I totally forgot those existed....! Any recollection what page those were on so I don't have to hunt them down? I'm gonna have to go back and re-watch those, see whats there and what I might be able to add to.

Latest posts

Latest posts