What's new

The Prodigal Son

HellaFella420

Veteran
Where did you get those big foam filter blocks? Did they come with the pumps?

They do come with pumps, just not these ones. They are from the big mammajammas that are like 2x these ones size (these are 1200gph, no slouch) we got the extra big ones to ensure more surface area for filtering and therefore less time between cleanings.

whatthe215

Veteran
I have also hooked ducting straight up to the "whirly birds" that are up on top of the roof of some attic spaces.

Just run a few sheet metal screws through the spinny part to freeze it so its not spinning 10k RPM!

there we go! i always thought of running to whirlys but it spinning at 10x normal speed would look a bit weird. great tip hella!

BTW, idk if you've ever had a 14" but they've got the same motor as the 12" but much less RPM... comparatively it's fucking silent.

HellaFella420

Veteran
K+

yerp, i was surprised at first when I saw the CFM was nearly identical between 12" and 14" untill I saw the sone[sp?] rating and it was totally different, so I figured it was like a Bernouli kinda difference; essentially the same volume of air but through a larger hole so lower pressure and way less noise in the process

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
very interesting, will be considering home made rez next time myself.

look forward to seeing and hearing more on the building details etc.

cheers :joint:

HellaFella420

Veteran
Yeah, once you get to a certain scale everything becomes custom, the stuff they sell at the grow stores is adequate up to, Idunno, 10 lights? After that everything becomes purpose built, be it for the specific application, or the specific floorplan/footprint your are working within.

My partner was just "complaining" about all the carpentry that is going to be necessary to manufacture drying racks to accommodate all this product, and said: "why dont we just buy like 100 of those pop-up hangy drying racks." :facepalm: "I'm like.......really? Thought we went 'round with this conversation already? We decided that ONE TRAY can hold more then an entire hanging rack.... In his mind its still easier to just BUY something then to think about it for five minutes, and build something thats even better suited and applicable..

Which building? I can offer up schematics, details, explanations, etc... just gotta know for WHICH PROJECT *chuckle*

whatthe215

Veteran
those drying racks you built are perfect, there's no doubt i'm copying them if i grab a trimpro.

so the 30kw is just this new house, or a total across a few spots?

HellaFella420

Veteran
I would personally steer clear of the trimpro type trimmers.

The single batch, upright fan style trimming machines are vastly inferior to the constantly flowing, horizontal tumbling units... Centurion, Twister, Triminator, etc.

30k is a new endeavor.

jbarsk8

Not trying to thread jack but my guess is he does not use it because machine trimming is inferior to a hand trim. Even on large scale 2-300plus, hand is the way to go imo. In my experience machines beat up product too much and take A product and make it C.

HellaFella420

Veteran
5/25
Big one is Sour D, 2x The White, Bubbas Gift, OG, Cheese, Trainwreck, I'm prolly forgetting something..
picture.php

picture.php

Goddamnit, forgot to rotate the picture...
picture.php

5/30
Lotsa fresh growth, all these cloudy nights and kinda overcast days have made for a pretty easy transition outside...
picture.php

Big plants in the back, indeed......
picture.php

V

Veg N Out

I dont use the twister because of my experience with it, I still needed hella people to do the chopping, bucking, and moving the trimmed stuff to dry racks, then you need to be shaking the racks constantly and burp bags so you dont accidentally remoisten herb because you thought it was dry, but it wasnt.. and generally do a lot of stuff more than just hang it up, dry it, and serve it to the trim crew and bury it after. For me it works out better to harvest by myself, dry, then call the cleaners. The finished product has no bearing on my choice of its use, only how to run it is why I dont mess with it. the stuffs gonna go no matter if the twister handled it or some scissors.

I would really like to see some one get some use out of the machine. It is just gathering dust in my tool shed.

I

iamoregone

lol dang dreddy panhandlers on every corner of the westcoast!!! tagged up lookin good hella! cant wait to see ya rockin that greeny!

HellaFella420

Veteran
dude that tree stump is huge!!

Too bad its not a tree, in this area the only things that are huge are the stumps.

Old growth Redwood stumps of trees that were felled 100+ years ago, when ignorance and dollar bills were our only excuses...

Been lazy, finally ordered the film for the greenhouse. That will go on next week..

V

Veg N Out

Damn, I have a 24x100 and 24x60 unopened IRAC in my graveyard! Should've told me, thrown it on with that twister..

Sinkyone

I dont use the twister because of my experience with it, I still needed hella people to do the chopping, bucking, and moving the trimmed stuff to dry racks, then you need to be shaking the racks constantly and burp bags so you dont accidentally remoisten herb because you thought it was dry, but it wasnt.. and generally do a lot of stuff more than just hang it up, dry it, and serve it to the trim crew and bury it after. For me it works out better to harvest by myself, dry, then call the cleaners. The finished product has no bearing on my choice of its use, only how to run it is why I dont mess with it. the stuffs gonna go no matter if the twister handled it or some scissors.

I would really like to see some one get some use out of the machine. It is just gathering dust in my tool shed.

Truth! Twisters are shit, as are most of the trim machines out there. They do not really save that much time, and they degrade the quality of the product, which in the end means you are far more likely to get a lower price for your work. More often than not they will actually lose you money, not save it, due to the crappy product they create. Literally everyone I know who bought one has had the same experience as Veg - they just end up collecting dust. They are good for trimming up popcorn buds, but that is about it.

HellaFella420

Veteran
I think most of it is related to ones workflow and input product? CICO, crap in crap out?

We had an extremely happy experience with it somehow... We utilized the operator that came with the Triminator so it was ran for us, I was specifically explained the workflow and how to prepare product for its most efficient use.

The BlackBerry is a very solid and round chunky nug, was a prime candidate for that trimming system I surmise.

Not a single unit was "identified" as machine trimmed, the info was volunteered to viewers however.

not as an ethical decision, but more bragging about "look what a machine can do!"

And yes, it turned the larf bin into about 2 elbows of quality pebbles that got mixed back in with the batch

Good to know Veg! Theres a whole new hoop house that hasn't even been built yet for the front yard... We have all the PVC and necessary materials BUT the film, I'll get that out yer way too. Rustle you up a nice care package for the visit and make and afternoon out of it!

Latest posts

Latest posts