What's new

The power of coco multifeed

Kipper420

Just to add (Because I can't edit?) that I do like to run until run off, as I believe drip clean can kill the mycorr in the pot, which I rely upon a lot, I imagine my yield would half if I upset the life inside the pot lol.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
So in my dropper setup, I feed 30 seconds at lights on, then 15 seconds mid day and 15 seconds before lights out, this gives me an even amount of runoff each time.

Have you tried it different times. I ran blumats where the plant turns the water on when it wants it. The plants never wanted water during lights off so I now handwater the last feed at least 3 hours before lights out so it uses some up rather than sit in the flooded coco lights off.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Just to add (Because I can't edit?) that I do like to run until run off, as I believe drip clean can kill the mycorr in the pot, which I rely upon a lot, I imagine my yield would half if I upset the life inside the pot lol.

Well you better quit using chem ferts if you think dripclean kills mycorr. Dripclean is PeKacid which is just phosphorus and potassium 0-60-20 and all you add is .4ml/gal. Besides you are growing in coco which is hydro like so who cares about mycorr.

Have you tried it different times. I ran blumats where the plant turns the water on when it wants it. The plants never wanted water during lights off so I now handwater the last feed at least 3 hours before lights out so it uses some up rather than sit in the flooded coco lights off.

Yeah, I have tried it at different times, but I found that the plants either use the water or it all evaporates over the 14 hours cause them bitches be hungry when they wake up, I still have to water twice as long at lights on to get runoff.

This strain is a thirsty beast though, I can feed a quart every few hours and they'll drink it all with no runoff. Probably because they're in 5 gallon smarties

Last edited:

Kipper420

Well you better quit using chem ferts if you think dripclean kills mycorr. Dripclean is PeKacid which is just phosphorus and potassium 0-60-20 and all you add is .4ml/gal. Besides you are growing in coco which is hydro like so who cares about mycorr.

I didn't know that about dripclean, but implying that mycorr doesn't work in coco/hydro is a bit presumptuous? Of course it does...

He didn't say myco don't work in hydro, he's saying there is no point for myco in hydro. The fertilizers we use in hydro are already in their most available and potent form, they don't need mycorhizal fungi to help with anything.

Coco isn't like soil, there's no breakdown of nutrients happening in the substrate.

Kipper420

He didn't say myco don't work in hydro, he's saying there is no point for myco in hydro. The fertilizers we use in hydro are already in their most available and potent form, they don't need mycorhizal fungi to help with anything.

Coco isn't like soil, there's no breakdown of nutrients happening in the substrate.

Ahh I misunderstood. Sorry about that !

I think to say that mycor don't help in anyway, in hydro, is a little bit naive. More things such as sugars become available, more efficient nutrient transportation, drought resistance, heat resitance - nutrient availability is just one of many, many things that mycor help with. Every plant in nature grows in relationship with mycor, in hydro we remove it - as far as im concerned its an important piece of the puzzle!

Anyway, I won't derail the thread regarding mycor anymore as it is regarding multi feeds.

ive gone from solo clone in coco to 1gal to 3 gal.
ya gotta try to sense how wet the halos get the smarts wet...
I do the perpetual thing. my timer allows 1 min. feeds. I adjust flow with valves. much more fun than dwc. its for the scientists. although my only effort was about 20% bigger, but dwc if I was commercial. anyway im lazy and legal. in ore we get 4 plants so im doin 2 veg..2 flower cycle. buds seem big at harvest. I think the multidrip beats enf but they are close. head university has been cool. coco seems nice and silky. more air than rockwool. im lovin it. thanx

chronosync

Well-stoned member
....phosphorus at levels commonly used in hydroponics will not let mycorrhizae develop.....there's a thread about it, or buried in a portion of a thread(s) somewhere in ICMAG.

One grower at least claims to run P low enough in coco to allow the fungus to grow and keep a healthy plant. I could be wrong so whoever wants to know.....That's all I remember.

marrdogg

Veteran
Dude fungi will thrive in coco who told you that? I amend with beneficials as part of my routine and you can see it growing all on the top of the coco. Maybe we need to reread.
PEACE!

chronosync

Well-stoned member
It's probably benign but you shouldn't be seeing fungus growing in your coco. endomycorrhizae don't form visible structures. Just sayin'