What's new

The pot diet

mrcreosote

Veteran
Eat prunes. Lots of prunes.
Just running to the bathroom will be a workout and your colon will be clean enough to meet the Queen.

No, not Freddie. He's dead.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Eh, I'd probably end up eating the Doritos with the dip. I'm better off not having Doritos anywhere near me when I get high. I know my weaknesses. If the options are the veggies and dip at home or a walk to the store to buy Doritos, I'll make the healthier choice.

Well hopefully in a real world scenario rather then a theoretical one, if one is going to the trouble of trying to be healthy, enough so that they make a tray of fresh cut veggies and dip to snack on, they won't be buying Doritos to have sitting around tempting them? :)

BlackNight

Right now, I'm trying the juice fast, but can't get past the 2 day mark...been trying all month long...have lost 5 lbs though by just adding 2 large servings of fruit/veggies blended. It's pretty nice waking up with an empty stomach instead of a full one. I've always been in good shape except for a few times in my life, but when I start eating the right stuff again, I notice huge differences in my appearance.
This person is one to listen to. Here is an easy list of things to blend up (assuming OP has a blender and not a juicer)

1 avacado
1 banana
1 apple
2 big leafs kale
1 inch thumb size thickness of ginger root
1/2 lemon with rind on
2 tbsp hemp seed
handful frozen berries

my diet has been at least 1/3 liquid for over three months now and it has yielded untold wonders. most common combo is the one seen above (maybe add honey if you need it). Your heart and rest of your muscles and eventually your brain (after poor diet is eliminated) will thank you for not starving it with animal fats, oils and processed foods.

Cheers and best wishes for your new ambitions in healthy eating!

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well hopefully in a real world scenario rather then a theoretical one, if one is going to the trouble of trying to be healthy, enough so that they make a tray of fresh cut veggies and dip to snack on, they won't be buying Doritos to have sitting around tempting them? :)

In a real world scenario, one who was trying to be healthy might live with a girlfriend who buys junk food all the time. :) Ex girlfriend in the case I'm thinking of. She could eat doritos and ice cream (not at the same time) as much as she wanted without getting fat. It doesn't work that way for all of us.

HempKat

Veteran
In a real world scenario, one who was trying to be healthy might live with a girlfriend who buys junk food all the time. :) Ex girlfriend in the case I'm thinking of. She could eat doritos and ice cream (not at the same time) as much as she wanted without getting fat. It doesn't work that way for all of us.

Well it's always been my experience that when living with girlfriends, if they want to change something in their life they expect me to make similar sacrifices even if I had no personal need or compulsion to change or sacrifice something. So I would expect turn about to be fair play. I bet if the roles were reversed she'd be hitting you with something like, "well if you really loved and supported me you would give up all your junk food even though you aren't fat" :)

mrcreosote

Veteran
Well it's always been my experience that when living with girlfriends, if they want to change something in their life they expect me to make similar sacrifices even if I had no personal need or compulsion to change or sacrifice something. So I would expect turn about to be fair play. I bet if the roles were reversed she'd be hitting you with something like, "well if you really loved and supported me you would give up all your junk food even though you aren't fat" :)

The way that would go in Creosoteland would be:

"I do love and support you and that's why I'm going to keep this delicious but fattening bacon cheeseburger out of your hands."

T

TribalSeeds

I thought I always stayed so skinny because I get all high and go prancercise around the neighborhood.
Who knew it was just getting high.
Somebody might wanna tell this bitch its the drugs, not the prancing!

HempKat

Veteran
The way that would go in Creosoteland would be:

"I do love and support you and that's why I'm going to keep this delicious but fattening bacon cheeseburger out of your hands."

Okay, the problem is worse then I thought. :)

S

SooperSmurph

I managed to use Cannabis effectively for weight loss as a younger man.

Strains high in THCv are especially helpful as an appetite suppressant, this analogue is present mostly in equatorial sativas, especially Thai.