What's new

the phish head thread!!

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
SBIX night 3 and Blossom are easily the best shows of the year. But UIC 3 comes in a close 3rd I think. At least of the shows I was at. Not sure if anything can beat the DWD>whats the use? from Pine Knob either. that whole second set was fire. what a great hometown show I got. Not as wild as Cobo fall '09, but the music was twice as good.

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
i will get my pass before the show. i am a little confused on why they are doing this. the shows are not even sold out. i never though phish would webcast shows that werent sold out.

oh well, works for us folks that dont live brahlorado1

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
I would imagine it is a "last call" revenue source.

They still have tickets, but most people going to this, already have their tickets.

Why not stream it and make some ancillary income?

budman678

Veteran
i understand supplemental revenue and making as much money as possible. I just thought they would have a policy where they dont stream shows that arent sold out. possibly preventing people from buying tickets bc they can watch a proshot video on their couch.

now, you are right about the tickets being on sale for a while now and the tickets that were sold have been sold for awhile....its amazing how far technology has beome. i have been streaming shows since 09. i remeber when phish would play a show and you might have to wait MONTHS before you could get a tape.

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Yup.

I love going to shows, but at this stage in my life, I just have too many stands in ol duders head.

Hard to beat ice cold beer, clean toilets, and grilled food, while you watch The Boys live.

budman678

Veteran
Here is why I choose to couch tour:

Cold Beers that aren't over-priced.
My own restrooms
My own couch
percolated bongs
walk to dogs at set break
dont have to deal with wooks
as soon as show is over, i walk into the next room and lay down in my own bed

The Vermonster

i understand supplemental revenue and making as much money as possible. I just thought they would have a policy where they dont stream shows that arent sold out. possibly preventing people from buying tickets bc they can watch a proshot video on their couch.

now, you are right about the tickets being on sale for a while now and the tickets that were sold have been sold for awhile....its amazing how far technology has beome. i have been streaming shows since 09. i remeber when phish would play a show and you might have to wait MONTHS before you could get a tape.

Tickets will be on the ground, Red Light Mgt knows it, advertises stream to make extra money, Phish fans from little noobert magee(who may say the show was the best show in years all while over fluffing every song) to the jaded vet (who will beat the shit out of the show after watching it no matter what the caliber of the show) will be streaming and the end result is Phish becomes richer.

Also being from Vermont I will also say there are rumors that Kevin Shapiro is going to release a crispy sbd or 2 from Sugarbush 95 to benefit the disaster from the 'cane. I would honestly like to see a Benefit show ala 3-18-97 which I was lucky to get miracled from Ben Cohen and happened to fly into BTV that morning from spring break to visit friends which to this day was an incedible coincidence. I say do it at the Flynn and auction the tickets off to maximize the donation.

The Vermonster

Here is why I choose to couch tour:

Cold Beers that aren't over-priced.
My own restrooms
My own couch
percolated bongs
walk to dogs at set break
dont have to deal with wooks
as soon as show is over, i walk into the next room and lay down in my own bed

I agree and to add to this You dont have to deal with Noobs on Molly trying to tell you their life story or drunks saying "whoooooo" everytime Trey drops in. Honestly after 180+ shows of which I was at 8 of the top 10 in the Phistory couch tour is the wave of the future for people like me who wont travel far to see Phish in 3.0 after seeing and being a part of the best years they played. Now I will say 2011 has been impressive as far as 3.0 goes and if they practice more and Trey stops cutting jams short and goes back to old Trey Ill be a part of the crowd again. For now I'll be happy they are playing and do couch tour.

The Vermonster

In my opinion technolgy has ruined a part of what made Phish special. I hate the phones and texts and all that shit as its distracting if you're standing next to a guy texting his ass off the whole show. I mean in my day if you wanted to find me at a show you would have to follow the dank Chem91 smell somewhere Page side and today all you have to do is pick up the phone. Today one can get a crispy sbd literally a couple hours after the encore and as you alluded to BUDMAN back in the day we had to wait for a hissy old school version of the show Months later. Having access to the shows so quickly has ruined the magic and part of Phish that I miss which was going to the PO with a stack of Maxell XL's and a list of who gets what and what your getting and when you should have it. I'm not hating because if I were touring now I would be the same way but imo isnt the same when everything is given to you at the best possible quality and the fastest time possible.

This reminds me of something that happened at a show in the summer of 97:

So I was FOB and this taper had like 2 square yards and wouldnt let anyone inside the perimeter.....This guy pulled an Antelopee Greg X 10. Anyway I wasnt moving and had a super spot.....he nudges me like a hint hint...I ignore him and continue having a good time.....This went on for about 10 mins until he pushed me which caused me to drop my beer and glass piece and without hesitation I checked his chin and knocked him to the floor. He gets up confused and during setbreak apologized for his behavior as did I for almost knocking him out. Anyway one thing led to another and I saw him the next show this time inside the taper section as I walked by to get to a good spot Page side. I threw him a gram or so of some Chem91 and before I knew it we met outside after show and from that day forward I had crispy aud's directly from the source.

budman678

Veteran
In my opinion technolgy has ruined a part of what made Phish special. I hate the phones and texts and all that shit as its distracting if you're standing next to a guy texting his ass off the whole show. I mean in my day if you wanted to find me at a show you would have to follow the dank Chem91 smell somewhere Page side and today all you have to do is pick up the phone. Today one can get a crispy sbd literally a couple hours after the encore and as you alluded to BUDMAN back in the day we had to wait for a hissy old school version of the show Months later. Having access to the shows so quickly has ruined the magic and part of Phish that I miss which was going to the PO with a stack of Maxell XL's and a list of who gets what and what your getting and when you should have it. I'm not hating because if I were touring now I would be the same way but imo isnt the same when everything is given to you at the best possible quality and the fastest time possible.

This reminds me of something that happened at a show in the summer of 97:

So I was FOB and this taper had like 2 square yards and wouldnt let anyone inside the perimeter.....This guy pulled an Antelopee Greg X 10. Anyway I wasnt moving and had a super spot.....he nudges me like a hint hint...I ignore him and continue having a good time.....This went on for about 10 mins until he pushed me which caused me to drop my beer and glass piece and without hesitation I checked his chin and knocked him to the floor. He gets up confused and during setbreak apologized for his behavior as did I for almost knocking him out. Anyway one thing led to another and I saw him the next show this time inside the taper section as I walked by to get to a good spot Page side. I threw him a gram or so of some Chem91 and before I knew it we met outside after show and from that day forward I had crispy aud's directly from the source.

great story. i dont know greg personally but dealt with him over the years. the dude is a little over the top but he puts his time in to ride the rail. now, i have seen him pull the handicap card but more often than not he waited in line like everyone else.

the only shows i saw this year was the detroit>cuyhoga>cinci run and i will say there was some serious highlights.

the 2001 from detroit was a 20min + dance party.
the sally from cuyhoga was the tits and the debut of steam was fun

enjoying the kyle kushman strawberry cough the whole time.

Latest posts

Latest posts