What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary The Pheonix Project

als_weed

It's been almost a month since the fire. We are still in refugee mode, but at least mobile with donated wheels.

Let me take this moment to thank folks for gifts that came from Atlanta, Berkeley, London, Toledo, Boulder, and St Louis.

I don't know who you all are, but we appreciate your help.

I thought I would start this thread to document our rise from the ashes.

We have lost everything in the fire, but were able to salvage 93 strains from my Library and projects.

Some friends have made some space available for me to work in. I will document the process of setup as it progresses.

20230804_213923.jpg

Here is our library and 128 cuttings of my greatest hits and best prospects from the recent Truffle run.

Shout out to the Rescue Ranch for giving me a room to save my work!

As always, your comments are welcome.

-al

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the fire! Glad you are able to regroup with some help from kind friends! Maybe the fresh start will spark an even better cultivar you may not otherwise have developed! Keep on living!

Looking forward to watching the preservation project. Any breeding goals in mind?

als_weed

1 Week Update

20230812_200533.jpg

The plants in dirt are all doing well here at the Rescue Ranch and continue to sip tea.

As for the cuttings:

20230812_210056.jpg

We have roots on about 80% of the cuttings. Some strains take a little longer, but there is no stem rot at all. They continue to grow with my rooting recipe featuring Aero Tea.

We are beginning the process of getting the bloom space ready. Blowin, Flowin, and Glowin - The BFG of growing!

More details soon!

As for the refugees with legs. We received an incredible gift - Wheels!

20230809_130206.jpg

She has a bit over 200k with some issues and character, but runs well and we are so thankful to have been handed the keys.

Trixie is having fun with her new friends.

20230806_000101.jpg

Thank you all for your words and kind thoughts.

-al

als_weed

Mom Room Update

20230824_133408.jpg

Everyone in dirt got a prune and a haircut.

We still have all the Truffle winners and Cream Pie crosses in dirt. I have started uppotting several moms that I will turn into giant trees for the soil side of the grow.

20230824_133347.jpg

Our Aero plants have exploded after getting their first prune. I will soon add 2 more cloners and stage out 4 waves of plants for the bloom room.

We are getting our work rooms ready to accommodate both groups.

We will be ready to bloom in just a few short weeks.

20230814_184242.jpg

Trixie and her crew hanging out with me at the Rescue Ranch.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Things have settled down a bit as we get into the routine of commuting to the Bloom Haus every day. It’s been three months since the fire, but things are still a bit unreal.

Here at the Rescue Ranch, I am busy preparing clones for the next round of dirt and aero plants. Our library of rescued experimental plants and reference varieties all still being kept in 1 quart containers and sipping on our teas. I hope to clone all the Cream Pie crosses in the next aero run. I still have the 18 first round winners of the Truffle crosses to confirm as well.

PNX001.jpg

At the Bloom Haus we have 3 aero units humming with another coming online shortly.

PNX002.jpg

We also have 20 plants in veg that were recently uppotted to 10 gallon containers. They are on a 100% organic tea diet.

PNX003.jpg

Here’s a short video walk through:

It has been a tough couple months, but things are coming together, and getting all the plants staged up and running has helped my mental progress.

I will update this thread more frequently as things begin to get more interesting.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

als_weed

A fully operational Death Star.

The Pheonix Project finally has a full pipeline of plants ranging from aero monsters with 21 days left, to 6 inch clones in dirt.

Lets get started at the Rescue Ranch.

PNX006.jpg

The cloners are full of plants ranging from barely rooted cuttings, to plants 3 weeks away from the bloom room.

In dirt we have the library of mothers and the next generation of trees ready to go to the veg tent.

Rescue Ranch Video Update:

We have 4 operational aero units!

PNX004.jpg

Unit 4:

PNX005.jpg

These are at 15 days of bloom. The burst of vertical growth is gathering steam and I have been busy pinching and pruning already. The explosion of growth will happen in the next week when flowering begins in earnest.

Unit 1:

PNX007.jpg

At day 42 the stretch is done and its time to commence to chunkin!

Top of the trellis with 3 weeks to go:

PNX008.jpg

Purpin and Terpin

PNX009.jpg

Sherb Cream Truffle Number 4 is already fully purple and emitting it’s characteristic tart bad medicine perfume. These giant purple fans are still soaking up foliar nutes every 3rd day as we force feed them far into bud, like the pampered Wagyu girls they really are.

Dirt Girls get Flipped!

PNX010.jpg

These just got a big prune and were flipped yesterday.

From the Other Side:

PNX011.jpg

Bloom Tea Diet:

PNX012.jpg

This is what they get in the new brew as we start the PK shift at the flip. In aero, we would wait to at least day 20. But dirt needs more lead time.

Thank you all for your attention.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

als_weed

Al have you got your house repaired after that fire? I was sure sorry to see that post friend.
The house is scheduled for demolition. The only things I was able to salvage were some equipment and plants that were in the basement.

We are still living with friends and working in gifted space.

I am grateful for a chance to grow my way back. I have to view it all as a challenge to use the skills I have accumulated over the last 40 years to start over with out 40 years worth of accumulations.

Thanks for your interest and concern.

-al

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The house is scheduled for demolition. The only things I was able to salvage were some equipment and plants that were in the basement.

We are still living with friends and working in gifted space.

I am grateful for a chance to grow my way back. I have to view it all as a challenge to use the skills I have accumulated over the last 40 years to start over with out 40 years worth of accumulations.

Thanks for your interest and concern.

-al
Bless you, friend, and thank you for your service. In my opinion, you are one of the best.

Persianfarmer

Sorry to hear about your predicaments! A real tragedy but never forget who you are: The rising phoenix who I am sure will rise at least 40 years better 😉… wish I could have helped but I am too far brother from another mother

als_weed

It’s the first harvest time for the Aero Room!

We are cutting this down tonight.

PNX013.jpg

Some bud shots:

PNX014.jpg

PNX015.jpg

PNX016.jpg

PNX017.jpg

PNX018.jpg

The next generation is so vigorous it needs a coral!

PNX019.jpg

The dirt room is starting to pop off at 3 weeks of bloom.

PNX020.jpg

Here’s a short video update:

I’ll be sure to do some dried bud shots and buzz impressions in the next update. For now, here are some of my favorite shots that I will pass around:

SBCT001.jpg

CBTF002.jpg

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

Latest posts

Latest posts