What's new

THE PEOPLE, Plaintiff and Appellant, v. STACY ROBERT HOCHANADEL et al.

richyrich

Out of the slime, finally.
Veteran
As long as executives and directors of any charity get paid $500K a year plus in salary plus other benefits nobody has a right to claim dispensary owners are greedy. Plus with more and more competition the exiting places are seeing their margins squeezed.

I am aware of some of the extreme salaries of some non-profit execs. I look down upon these extreme salaries from these types of non profits that put their hands out for actual real donations for differing causes.

But, with dispensaries, they are retailing a product and price gouging the F**k out of patients. Gross profits of these dispensaries are way too much to justify their price mark ups. The mark up can be way lower and the owner (execs) could still have a fair 6 figure salary for all their stress, work and risks.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
You know I hear a lot of people bitching about people charging too much for weed. I have a suggestion. Open up your own shop and sell your stuff cheaper. Thats the beauty of the free market.

richyrich

Veteran
I agree. However, one of the problems with the current state of affairs is that nobody, no so-called "members" of these collectives or co-ops, knows anything at all about the group they are supposedly a member of. Zero information is disemminated from management to membership. Zero. This, among other things, calls into question the legitimacy of current dispensaries standing as co-ops or collectives.

I believe the entire cluster fuck should be shitbinned in favor of pure legalization and standard regulation.

I could go for that.

B

Blue Dot

Most people don't care who they buy their weed from as long as its good and the price is right. The same stuff you just mentioned could be said about most business and corporations in north america.

Not in my opinion. I want to know exactly what kind of people are supplying me with the pot I buy. If it's linked to the cartels I don't want any part of it because I don't support that. I also want to know for medical reasons. Some growers, like some companies go out of their way to insure safe products and stay current with the knowledge to do so.

It was like when I read a long time ago that Snapple Ice Tea supported CAMP.

I stopped buying their products that day.

A lot of people go to resturants, etc not only because of the product but also because of the people who own and run it.

Theres a ton of info on the net about most companies and people do read and care about the companies they frequent most.

i mean a lot of marketing is based just on that. For Allstate it's "Your in good Hands", not "We're the cheapest".

If you guys really want Mj legalized the best way IMO to send a message is by boycott.

The company that dropped Michael Phelps from his contract should be boycotted by MJ smokers everywhere.

Money talks in more then one way.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Well if you don't like policies of the people you buy pot from then go elsewhere. Or open up your own shop with full disclosure. This is a capitalist state you have the right to compete.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Not in my opinion. I want to know exactly what kind of people are supplying me with the pot I buy. If it's linked to the cartels I don't want any part of it because I don't support that. I also want to know for medical reasons. Some growers, like some companies go out of their way to insure safe products and stay current with the knowledge to do so.

It was like when I read a long time ago that Snapple Ice Tea supported CAMP.

I stopped buying their products that day.

A lot of people go to resturants, etc not only because of the product but also because of the people who own and run it.

Theres a ton of info on the net about most companies and people do read and care about the companies they frequent most.

i mean a lot of marketing is based just on that. For Allstate it's "Your in good Hands", not "We're the cheapest".

If you guys really want Mj legalized the best way IMO to send a message is by boycott.

The company that dropped Michael Phelps from his contract should be boycotted by MJ smokers everywhere.

Money talks in more then one way.

Dude...you ain't ever gonna get any of..."That Shit"!! Start growing your own....quit worrying about Bonnie, and just fucking grow your shit!!
They are not affording us the luxury of the big Corps...and Mr Phelp's case ...it was Kellogg or some shit that dropped him...they are not feeling shit from the Backlash!! It just doesn't matter--
Grow your own, or STFU and pay Club prices....at least you have Options!!:woohoo:

richyrich

Veteran
You know I hear a lot of people bitching about people charging too much for weed. I have a suggestion. Open up your own shop and sell your stuff cheaper. Thats the beauty of the free market.

Believe it or not, it is illegal to open a shop (dispensary) and sell weed. If you do not like the law or an opinion than just say so. Every one has differing opinions. Throwing red herring off topic arguments like your quote above do nothing. It's called evading the topic laid before you. It's not a far reach to say that the ones who get offended by people having negative opinions about excess profits and gouging; are the ones who support it. After all, this website is about growing weed and people do it for themselves and, probably, a lot do it for the money. There is the motive laid out.

richyrich

Veteran
Well if you don't like policies of the people you buy pot from then go elsewhere. Or open up your own shop with full disclosure. This is a capitalist state you have the right to compete.

You would have the right to compete in the free market if dispensaries were legal and selling weed was legal. It's not there just yet.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Repeat After Me

IT IS LEGAL TO SELL WEED IN CALIFORNIA
picture.php

picture.php

TAXES ARE ALREADY BEING PAID ON WEED SOLD IN CALIFORNIA
picture.php

TAXES ARE ALREADY BEING PAID ON WEED SOLD IN CALIFORNIA
picture.php

CITIES HAVE ISSUED PERMITS TO BUSINESSES THAT SELL WEED
picture.php

IT IS LEGAL TO SELL WEED IN CALIFORNIA :wallbash:
IT IS LEGAL TO SELL WEED IN CALIFORNIA:wallbash:

B

Blue Dot

picture.php

I thought you didn't believe in Jerry's guidelines so why file?

CITIES HAVE ISSUED PERMITS TO BUSINESSES THAT SELL WEED
picture.php

But some cities AREN"T issuing permits. If it's legal in the state then how can those cities that don't issue permits legally get away without issuing permits?

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
But some cities AREN"T issuing permits. If it's legal in the state then how can those cities thta don't issue permits legally get away without issuing permits?

Talk to an attorney. For $45K you can challenge just about any cities ban/moratorium. Thats all it takes is for these cities to get dragged into court and beat over the head with some law books.

richyrich

Veteran
I see you listed on your business license (tax permit) that it is a collective. So you are running a collective and claiming it is legal to sell weed through it. Am I correct? That is illegal and not a true collective. You are skirting the law if correct. You would be cut down in court.

You have all of your paper work together though; good for you. Your federal tax number is not needed unless you are paying payroll. Are you? It surely is not to pay federal business taxes; and, especially, not for a federally illegal drug.

richyrich

Veteran
See now maybe you will be a good student and shut up and start taking notes instead of trying to argue with those who know more than you.

Now, that is just straight rude, no matter who it is. Nobody really knows who knows more.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
I see you listed on your business license (tax permit) that it is a collective. So you are running a collective and claiming it is legal to sell weed through it. Am I correct? That is illegal and not a true collective. You are skirting the law if correct. You would be cut down in court.
That's not what my friend who is an Attorney with the state AG's office said. Everyone that purchases weed/clones/other services is a member of our collective.
Your federal tax number is not needed unless you are paying payroll. Are you? It surely is not to pay federal business taxes; and, especially, not for a federally illegal drug.

It is illegal for a corporation in the United States of America to not pay income tax. Federal Income tax is irrellavent to payroll. Payroll is handled by the state.

FreedomFGHTR

Veteran
Also note in the case which is the subject of this thread. That the party filing the apeal was the county. The superior court where the case originated ruled in favor of the defendent.

Latest posts

Latest posts