What's new

The penis contains THC receptors!

spurr

Veteran
I just had to post this considering the info presented. I knew the brain has THC receptors, but a guy's "other brain" also has them?! Crazy! Lolz.

:laughing:

"Pot Use May Mellow Out Men's Sexual Function"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20110214/sc_livescience/potusemaymellowoutmenssexualfunction

What most concerns Shamloul is a study published in 2010 in the journal European Urology. In that study, researchers found receptors for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana, in penis tissue from five male patients and six rhesus monkeys. These receptors were mainly in the smooth muscle of the penis, Shamloul said. Additional lab studies suggest that THC has an inhibitory effect on the muscle.

"This is a more serious effect on the erectile function because the smooth muscle makes up 70 percent to 80 percent of the penis itself," Shamloul said.

fwiw, my penis doesn't seem to have THC receptors, I sure wish it did though, maybe I could get even higher! :comfort:

"Research on the topic is contradictory and few studies are high-quality, said study researcher Rany Shamloul,.."

So why the hell is one of the few negative marijuana studies in the world on yahoo.com's front page you shameless propagandists?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
eeeeheheh, that one is hilarious ! Bob Marley was impotent, everyone knows that !

Irie !

Also...

Also...

"People tend to focus on the possible upsides of marijuana more than the possible downsides, said Sharon Johnson, a professor of social work at the University of Missouri, St. Louis, who has studied marijuana use and sexual health in the past. Her study, published in 2004 in the journal Archives of Sexual Behavior, found that marijuana users have a slightly elevated risk of inhibited orgasms and pain during sex. (Johnson was not involved in Shamloul's review study.)"

hahahahaha.

The goons had to dig so far down the line to find negatives that they are quoting a fucking social worker who "studied" marijuana effects in the past.

What did this social science major "study," exactly?

Why don't we get a professor of ethnic philosophy and see if he has any negative opinions on the hadron collider?

If millions of lives weren't being ruined by this kind of totalitarian propaganda, it would be funny. They're not even good at it.

spurr

Veteran
"Research on the topic is contradictory and few studies are high-quality, said study researcher Rany Shamloul,.."

So why the hell is one of the few negative marijuana studies in the world on yahoo.com's front page you shameless propagandists?

That is what I thought too, but the info about THC receptors in the penis was too funny/odd to not post about :).

Seems like evolutionary sexual discrimination to me, what about girls? Do their pink tacos not like THC?...or maybe that is the next organ to study...if so, sign me up to take the samples! ;)

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
That almost completely explains why when I woke up.....I found my penis wrapped around the bong. Previously I've just found open sacks of nugs near my sack. Now I got that mofo red handed! He's been skimmin' off my stash for years! Well.....2 can play at that game.

spurr

Veteran
That almost completely explains why when I woke up.....I found my penis wrapped around the bong. Previously I've just found open sacks of nugs near my sack. Now I got that mofo red handed! He's been skimmin' off my stash for years! Well.....2 can play at that game.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
I can see people in the club now like "Yea girl I got da dope dyck". LOL but really I find all of this interesting not sure why but I do. Ya'll take care 1

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
That is what I thought too, but the info about THC receptors in the penis was too funny/odd to not post about :).

Seems like evolutionary sexual discrimination to me, what about girls? Do their pink tacos not like THC?...or maybe that is the next organ to study...if so, sign me up to take the samples! ;)
Im thinkin Taste Test is the only true way to tell."Hi honey i've been sampling the new blueberry kush all day"she said with an evil grin I'm just sayin Win Win:cathug:

mosstrooper

If millions of lives weren't being ruined by this kind of totalitarian propaganda, it would be funny. They're not even good at it.

Agreed,

Though this is very funny and obviously worthy of reposting on a highly informed educated board like this.

What i find most scary is it doesn't take much to convince the nay sayers that this is yet more evidence of why this "substance" should be banned and those caught dealing in it imprisoned etc.

Most conservatives by nature, it seems to me, just hate anything that looks too much like fun, and thus they will sieze on the slimmest bits of evidence to support thier arguments whilst ignoring all of the positive drugs storys.

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
He says receptors are in the penises' smooth muscle. Now the penis may be moved by a muscle in the body (twitch twitch), but the penis itself is not a muscle by far...

It is spongiform erectile tissue, it fills with blood to get hard - there is no muscular action involved w/ your dick getting erect. Plus I have never heard of a pot smoker having erectile difficulty, have heard more of this from heavy drinkers by far (whisky dick)...

Cardiovascular problems can also cause loss of erectile function, but cannabis sure does not.

Hehe I read this on Yahoo page this AM. Instantly thought "how long before I see it on here? Did ya check the comments? They are fooling no-one, just putting their feet firmly into their facial orifices... :rasta:

Peace

OsWiZzLe

hhhmmm Transdermal/Topical Lotion like Phojel or DMSO with some hash could be interesting he he he he

spurr

Veteran
Huh....well this sounds dumb....Who decided to look for THC receptors in dicks?

You know, I was thinking the same thing a little while ago. How does a researcher form the hypothesis to test, that a penis may have THC receptors?! I mean talk about penis on one's mind. I can think of much more worthwhile studies to spend money and time upon...but it has given (most) of us a good laugh, so there's that :)

Latest posts

Latest posts