What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original Secret Recipie

S

Scrappy-doo

gtgio, I don't know if you have already tossed the other males or not, but if not I'd suggest collecting pollen from at least a couple more. There was a good amount of diversity in my secret recipe's, some were just ok and some were really really nice. Since you have only one female, you can get the full range of what the genetics have to offer with multiple pollen donors. Good luck.

gtgio

gtgio, I don't know if you have already tossed the other males or not, but if not I'd suggest collecting pollen from at least a couple more. There was a good amount of diversity in my secret recipe's, some were just ok and some were really really nice. Since you have only one female, you can get the full range of what the genetics have to offer with multiple pollen donors. Good luck.

RIP Secret Recipe males, unfortunately. My grow space is pretty small and even the 1 extra male was pushing it. I still have another 3 seeds which I'll be popping when I move to my next spot in the hopes of making some SR seeds with my great female.

gtgio

This chick is bulking up huge. This is the nug on the right side in the picture I posted previously.

2.5 weeks to go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 8

the gnome

Veteran
well I finally took down my secret Recipe "bertha" pheno.
she easily had the biggest buds Ive grown indoors to date.

one side of this plant was grown under MH and the other HPS.
I have a thread on it in the sideXside test forum.
but the Mh aced the HPS side by miles in density, weight and size.
check out that forum for great info on the Mh HPS debate

here's the Mh side, top of the plant,
she was spread out but i tied her for the pics

picture.php

picture.php

this was about the biggest on the HPS side
the 1 pic below is the only HPS pic btw
picture.php

picture.php

the nugz on the Mh side were nice and dense contrary to what Ive read
picture.php

Last edited:

Yesca73

very nice looking buds . ya the MH buds look much bigger . kinda weird. I have always used HPS and I think that is the norm. I have 2 4x4 trays with 1000HPS over each one . was think maybe to put a 400 MH in the middle ? I just made some F2 seeds of OGChem. the original moms are outside starting to bud.

T

TREE KING

what kind of bulb was on the mh side gnome was it blueish or just plain white? im gonna try the hortilux super blue hps soon.

guys have you experienced that the secret recipe's barely have any smell like 3 weeks into flower? thats whats happening with mine im hoping the smell hurries up and kicks in

Danksmith

Veteran
Damn g lookin beefy bro!

I've never fooled with different light spectrums in flower. I've always thought that it wouldn't hurt at all to have both spectrums throughout. I've always kinda assumed hps is best in flower cause it best mimics the autumn sun. I'll have to check out the side by side forum to have a look

Vibes- :)

the gnome

Veteran
very nice looking buds . ya the MH buds look much bigger . kinda weird. I have always used HPS and I think that is the norm. I have 2 4x4 trays with 1000HPS over each one . was think maybe to put a 400 MH in the middle ? I just made some F2 seeds of OGChem. the original moms are outside starting to bud.

same here yesca, I thought is was just a given norm to use hps in bloom, I knew you could use Mh all the way through but that hps was superior... evident;y not.
at least with this strain

what kind of bulb was on the mh side gnome was it blueish or just plain white? im gonna try the hortilux super blue hps soon.

guys have you experienced that the secret recipe's barely have any smell like 3 weeks into flower? thats whats happening with mine im hoping the smell hurries up and kicks in

the bulb used is on the blue end, a 1000w solarmax 7200K
check out the link to the Mh vs HPS thread I started and there's a member, vaped13 using cheapo syv. BT 36 Mh bulbs
around 4000K spectrum and he is doing some absolutely amazing work using only Mh

Damn g lookin beefy bro!

I've never fooled with different light spectrums in flower. I've always thought that it wouldn't hurt at all to have both spectrums throughout. I've always kinda assumed hps is best in flower cause it best mimics the autumn sun. I'll have to check out the side by side forum to have a look

Vibes-
hey Danksmith!
yeah man.... this is that potent kickass one I was talking about in pm's witch ya a while back ;)
she's a beast for sure and earns the bertha title lol.
oh! and she is one potent lady, right up there with the best of em!
i haven't weighed the differing sides yet but,
MH buds were:
bigger
denser
and stickier

that sidexside is a very good thread, excellent posts by dr shio concerning hps vs Mh and another member is doing fantastic grows using only cheap $22 Mh bulbs
check out the side x side comparison here

here's pics of the plants chopped but still on the stems
I'm not saying can you guess which is the Mh side?

:whistling:
picture.php

:shucks:
picture.php

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

thanks il check it out. well you said the mh one is bigger so it gotta be the bottom lol

Nice run G, you're too crafty bro

See the danksmith in the building too!

Thanks for the killer preview of these SR monsters. I have 1 female in veg stasis from my last pop, and 7 beans broke ground about a week ago. Give me yield or give me death lol

Don't skimp on the budshots:D

gtgio

my 1 SR female didnt start to smell till it really started to get nugs forming, around week 5 or so. Mine smells like a limey diesel. I'm really stoked about this strain, its definitely my favourite out of my current run :D. it's extremely chunky, looks to be dank, and smells great. I had to supercrop her 3 times, haha. Really vigorous. Even in my lame 2x2 PLL microgrow it shows amazing characteristics.

edit: heres some pics from right this minute.That's a 5 gal bucket right beside for size reference.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5290.jpg
    IMG_5290.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5291.jpg
    IMG_5291.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 9
T

TREE KING

lookin good gtgio. wow week 5 huh sounds good. isnt it so weird how chem strains are supposed to reek up the whole block but they dont even smell at all till week 5 lol? that seems crazy to me, why are people always saying to make sure you got a ill filter to grow chem cause it seems like it doesnt really reek like crazy till after harvest. even my boy was growing a chem pheno of chemdog double d and there was no smell the whole grow. after harvest it was a different story though

gtgio

lookin good gtgio. wow week 5 huh sounds good. isnt it so weird how chem strains are supposed to reek up the whole block but they dont even smell at all till week 5 lol? that seems crazy to me, why are people always saying to make sure you got a ill filter to grow chem cause it seems like it doesnt really reek like crazy till after harvest. even my boy was growing a chem pheno of chemdog double d and there was no smell the whole grow. after harvest it was a different story though

My limited experience so far in stealth growing is that as long as you have your plants in a contained area with the filter running, pretty much any strain is gonna be fine. I'm running multiple chem based strains. But as soon as its out of that tent...I stunk up my entire house just taking that pic, one of my roommates came down to complain actually. And that was all the way up 2 flights of stairs. :tumbleweed:

Dammit those buds look chunky Holmes!! I keep a 8in fan/filter freestanding outside the grow room for wen I drag the sours into the open!! Kno that gotta reek really good, 2 floors up! Peace

picture.php

T

TREE KING

My limited experience so far in stealth growing is that as long as you have your plants in a contained area with the filter running, pretty much any strain is gonna be fine. I'm running multiple chem based strains. But as soon as its out of that tent...I stunk up my entire house just taking that pic, one of my roommates came down to complain actually. And that was all the way up 2 flights of stairs. :tumbleweed:

haaa lol i guess they do reek then that will probably happen with me in a little while. im not even using a filter and i got no smell 3 weeks in

gtgio

Mine smelled a little bit in veg, I had to have a carbon filter once they got past seedling size. When I said didnt smell I guess I meant didnt start to smell extremely strong. Here's a pic that better shows the plants canopy. :tiphat: I'm really excited to veg this plant out a bit next time to see what it can really do. With real root space too, not a stupid cup.

The Gnome's look amazing. Looking forward to hearing a smoke report.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5293.jpg
    IMG_5293.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 11

the gnome

Veteran
Dammit those buds look chunky Holmes!! I keep a 8in fan/filter freestanding outside the grow room for wen I drag the sours into the open!! Kno that gotta reek really good, 2 floors up! Peace

View Image

hey cravenmore
I needed one of those filters myself----> *outside* the bloomroom in Gnomes Home @ harvest/trim time :D
these nugs are the largest Ive gotten indoors and actually start to look more like outdoor ganja

well we all agree its an excellent strain fella's

GT mine didn't have much smell early on either, then later on you had to feel the gals up a bit to get the aroma going on. it was a multi strain grow so I used a new can 50 on the cooltube xaust with a 6" inline and everything was good.
but the smoke had great taste.
this is lookin more and more to be my holy grail strain
weight
potentcy
bag appeal
taste
quaility high

now in trim its a different story fo sure!... oooooweeee stank stanky!

looking great in those beer cups GT :good:

builtaforest, i'll get the weight and smoke report soon

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

gnome when you do a smoke report could you please let us know how your birtha pheno compares to the chemdog dominate phenos in potency? the more i look at your pictures and hear you describe the plant i swear to god i got that same clone. the only way i wouldnt be able to keep it is if the chemdog phenos are alot more potent

Danksmith

Veteran
Nice run G, you're too crafty bro

See the danksmith in the building too!

Yea I can't ignore the work the fellas over here are going lately. Cgs has some chem on lock as of late. Thanks to g I have a pack of the first drop at the ready:woohoo:

@gnome.... Dude those pics really show the difference... This has me really intrigued. That's a considerable increase dude! I'm anxious to hear what numbers u pull from each side. Looks like it could be 10-20% more on my side.
Great thread bro !!:biggrin:

the gnome

Veteran
ok everyone
the final results are in!
the total weight on the entire plant is a respectable...162g
not too shabby :joint:

Now for those interested in the Mh vs HPS test
the HPS side is 61.3g
AND
Mh side is.....
drum roll plz----------------------------------------->101.6g :good:
ok, not sure of the math but it looks like I got around 40% more using Mh or 40% less using HPS
depending how you want to view it with this strain.

this plant was never topped until put into bloom in fact she was put on the back burner so to say in veg,
had I topped/trained this one
i think its safe to say i could have gotten more,
A LOT MORE
possibly up to twice that amount

daheadies had 3 of these and his weights were 250g 250g and 320g
were talking 1/2lb-3/4lb plants

Yea I can't ignore the work the fellas over here are going lately. Cgs has some chem on lock as of late. Thanks to g I have a pack of the first drop at the ready

@gnome.... Dude those pics really show the difference... This has me really intrigued. That's a considerable increase dude! I'm anxious to hear what numbers u pull from each side. Looks like it could be 10-20% more on my side.
Great thread bro !!
biggrin.gif

hey danksmith!!
glad to hear you scored a pak of the original SR
you will not regret getting this one :smoke:

yeah man!!
CSG definitely has the dank going on,
I just finished up my 1st clone run with their GDP using chemdog male
and people are nuts over it, taste, hi, smell, it has it all!
talking with OJD and hoping to give sssdh a run soon!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts