bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
say good night Irene

IMG_8325.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif

A mostly clear day here starting at 39F and predicted to reach 59F.

Our neighborhood harbinger plum tree has started to bloom, suggesting an early Spring here, or a fruit disaster year if we get another hard freeze.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Soooo, here is a pisser! We've paid for long term disability insurance for a couple decades, and we just got a letter from them saying that they have petitioned the government for a 240% rate increase and that their ability to pay has been derated to a C+. That means that their ability to pay potential claims is in question.

As part of a class action suit, they offered four options, none of which are good.

The pisser is that at age 75 and 80, long term disability insurance from a different company is horribly expensive. Compounded by a shortage of health care workers providing long term care, even if you can pay for it.

The good news is that we are both still reasonably healthy.

jokerman

Premium user
Soooo, here is a pisser! We've paid for long term disability insurance for a couple decades, and we just got a letter from them saying that they have petitioned the government for a 240% rate increase and that their ability to pay has been derated to a C+. That means that their ability to pay potential claims is in question.

As part of a class action suit, they offered four options, none of which are good.

The pisser is that at age 75 and 80, long term disability insurance from a different company is horribly expensive. Compounded by a shortage of health care workers providing long term care, even if you can pay for it.

We need six enforcers we could send to make things right

SubGirl

420club
Arlo is feeling much better since his procedure. They told me to keep him doped up for 10 days but I’m thinking he’s ok to back off a bit now. His little nut sac is just hanging there but healed really good and I don’t think he’s in much pain. I let him take a few running laps around the yard yesterday as he was dying for a run. He’s only 6 mos old so he has a lot of energy. My Maryjane misses running with him too but has been really good bout helping us keep him at bay. she is very smart and seems to know what I want without me even telling her. She will rounds him up like a sheep dog in the yard and brings him in when I’m trying to get him back inside. I don’t think Arlo has this smart gene. They are two different animals for sure. She is a high strung nervous Nelly worrying about everything and He is laid back as a mofo.
IMG_9600.jpeg

SubGirl

420club

That’s just wrong… 🙁

oldfogey8

Arlo is feeling much better since his procedure. They told me to keep him doped up for 10 days but I’m thinking he’s ok to back off a bit now. His little nut sac is just hanging there but healed really good and I don’t think he’s in much pain. I let him take a few running laps around the yard yesterday as he was dying for a run. He’s only 6 mos old so he has a lot of energy. My Maryjane misses running with him too but has been really good bout helping us keep him at bay. she is very smart and seems to know what I want without me even telling her. She will rounds him up like a sheep dog in the yard and brings him in when I’m trying to get him back inside. I don’t think Arlo has this smart gene. They are two different animals for sure. She is a high strung nervous Nelly worrying about everything and He is laid back as a mofo.
View attachment 18963744
Be careful of letting him run. I had an American Bulldog years ago that seemed to have healed up after he was neutered. I let him run in the yard(against the vets recommendation) and later that day, his scrotum was the size of a baseball(and was weeping a bit of liquid from the scar). Called the vet, got chastised and let him heal up without running for 10 days. No harm I guess and it was killing him to not run but I learned a lesson.
IMG_1895.jpeg

Jacky-Doo