What's new

the original Kali Mist?

Jhhnn

Veteran
As I understand it, simon changed it ~1997 or 1998, used some indica to bulk it up, but his customers liked it less. He went back to the old lineage, insofar as he could after some police action

As I understand it, Kali Mist is a F1 hybrid, created in an ongoing fashion from clones of the parents. If so, that means it won't breed true, with greater variation among F2's.

I wouldn't judge it based on anything but seeds from a reputable vendor, with clones & other seed sources being somewhat suspect, always.

My only experience with it was a recent turn-on from a friend of a friend, supposedly Kali Mist from recent seed stock. While my tolerance is admittedly low, I know weed, and it was a damned fine near electrifying sativa.

Yewsatbees don't really matter, and it's all too easy to mis-remember & unintentionally embellish the past.

FWIW, Western Winds supposedly springs from the same parental lines, and might be closer to the original formulation, as if that really matters.

Kinda repeating myself. Mea culpa.

JACKBAYBEH

I remember the story being that it was cut with an indica in 98'.
As for it being modified again in 2000, not sure. Never heard that one.
I had a buddy running it from mid 90's stock back in 2000. Was very much a mind warping Sativa high. For me anyway. Loved it.
I got some old Western Winds beans in the collection. As well as an old pack of MOD BX. Which I believe is an old KaliMist cut crossed to Destroyer male then BX'ed to Kali mom. Might be my next project. That is if they are still viable. :biggrin:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Never ending topic! lol. Tony from Sagarmatha admitted to other people in the past (during a fair in Spain) that KM started from a good Skunk Haze selection, so why not trying Cultivators Choice Haze x Skunk or Thai Haze X Skunk? Im sure no one will get dissapointed if they want comercial "sativas". By the way, the one we tried from 2008 had a nice fruity candy smell. Peace.

Latest posts

Latest posts