What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oldest Clone? NAME and DATE

Anyone else ??? or is the Exodus Cheese (Skunk #1) still the elder ??

how ignorant! SamS prob has older on the window cill, those in PNW maybe older... the Aeric77 Cali O is def older... why do people think cheese is the be all and end all?

you only have to use the g13 example to show that clones dont last forever !!!

Ha but according to some its still around.. dogless and co (drspam et al) have worked miracle's, praise the lord!

and examples when breeders like dj short 'lose' mother plants , sure its not incompatence were they have forgot to feed them and they have died or forgot to have back up clones in other places !!

Its not always him that loses them.. he still has the orig male and the matriach Flo etc etc from way back when!

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
not as old but important and as old as the strain itself -'93 Tahoe Kush acquired south shore

post a pic in a bit

growhi

Ha but according to some its still around.. dogless and co (drspam et al) have worked miracle's, praise the lord

yeah and according to some 2 pac is still alive and elvis lol

facts are plants can and do give up and stop procudeing anything of worth !

its common sense !!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With all respect,, we are NOT talking about the strongest, the most famous, the best or the least liked here!!

The subject is the OLDEST CLONE . still in circulation as a clone today.

No more mention of seeds from clones please. yo'll just confuse things (and ya selves) :D

Many thanks for all that contributed positive information so far. dL :joint:

With all respect,, we are NOT talking about the strongest, the most famous, the best or the least liked here!!

The subject is the OLDEST CLONE . still in circulation as a clone today.

No more mention of seeds from clones please. yo'll just confuse things (and ya selves) :D

Many thanks for all that contributed positive information so far. dL :joint:

Romulan from 76.. like someone else said Chemo is very old.. for certain it ain't "cheese"

mithra

The Texada Island Timewarp clone is thirty plus years old and still one of the best outdoor plants around.

Texada timewarp is from humbolt a dutchman who lived in humbolt who fled with his wife from california back in the 70s came to texada with a bunch of seeds he had made in cali his wife had seeds from thailand and he crossed the thai seeds to a cali indica the thai was pure sativa,he started the seeds out one year and back then he had so many seeds he didnt know how to take cuttings from plant so yes indeed reef the school teacher was at the beach one day and all the other local farmers were there and they were all showing up there bud from that season just after harvest and the dutchman showed up with the most dank weed and everybody was like what is that wow.the school teacher had kept it alive by taking cuttings that is absolutly true so it is a cross between a fruity 100 percent thai sativa and a humbolt indica

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
- UBC Chemo - 1972/73
- Texada Timewarp - 1978
- King - 1979
- Northern Lights #1 - 1982/83
- Northern Lights #5 & 2 - 1984
- BC BigBud - 1984
- BC Hashplant - 1987
- Garlic Bud - 1987
are some other poineer clones that come to mind and r still kickin'...

nice list. thanks for the input :yes:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Why do I doubt this?
- UBC Chemo - 1972/73
Well, I don't think there was much indoor growing back in 1972-1973, people did not even have Halide lights yet, how did they keep the plants alive much less flower them off?
Also Dr Suzuki has said he did not grow or develop UBC Chemo or any Cannabis, so who did it and when? Was it even alive in the 70's
When did anyone grow a clone of UCB Chemo for the first time themselves? I have not even heard of before 1990....
-SamS

- UBC Chemo - 1972/73
- Texada Timewarp - 1978
- King - 1979
- Northern Lights #1 - 1982/83
- Northern Lights #5 & 2 - 1984
- BC BigBud - 1984
- BC Hashplant - 1987
- Garlic Bud - 1987
are some other poineer clones that come to mind and r still kickin'...

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Why do I doubt this?
- UBC Chemo - 1972/73
Well, I don't think there was much indoor growing back in 1972-1973, people did not even have Halide lights yet, how did they keep the plants alive much less flower them off?
Also Dr Suzuki has said he did not grow or develop UBC Chemo or any Cannabis, so who did it and when? Was it even alive in the 70's
When did anyone grow a clone of UCB Chemo for the first time themselves? I have not even heard of before 1990....
-SamS

I would agree with somewhere in the 90s(maybe late 80s). The Chemo cutting has been in Ontario for about 20 years, and I can safely say she is from before 1994. I also have a Friesland cutting that is supposed to be from 1993, but this one I cant guarantee. The Chemo I can say with 100% certainty is over 20 years old.

bigbag

Veteran
walk in, "phototron" style rooms with flo's on walls and hung. was told by my scientist uncle, the clone was filched from a research garden, by a student in 73'...the cut remained in a very close circle for along time...you are correct, it didn't gain popularity until around 90'. I was't even born yet, but my uncle has no reason to lie and was def a part of the beatnik/hippy/science scence in Vancouver, since the mid 60's...they were doing LOTS of LSD and speed back then tho, so date may be a bit off ;) also, there's a chance, the 73' cut and what is now know as UBC Chemo are actually different ?
ps, looking back at that post, all those dates may be a bit off, but pretty close...also, Suzuki denied a hand in it, yet wonder if he would admit to his drug use back then ?

what about the "84 black affy someone posted earlier,i dont hold the clone but i know its an oldie, i seen it in person circa. mid 80's still tightly held it's one hell of a hash producer, has a certain quality to it that you just dont find these days, closest thing i can compare to is deep chunk or lapis, deep chunk is an oldie tooalthough not held as a specific clone but tom has done a hell of a job at preservation,, big thanks mr. hill

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the AG13 haze cut that nevil selected is from 88 i think

and its still going strong
its just started to turn up in a few coffeshops in amsterdam again last year

im very happy to have her in my stable(thanks to the friend who shared it )

peace

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
The M-39 cutting around Ontario and Quebec must be quite old. I have seen the same clone since at least the year 2000. However I am sure it was around for a while before I encountered it. I will ask some of the older growers that have done M-39 before 2000. I can say without doubt she is 14 years old, but would bet on something more like 20 years old. The clone is average pot indoors, but grows great outdoors, I think thats why we keep her still.