What's new

the oldest cannabis stash found

lmao Are you for real? You must have missed the part where I mentioned a necklace full of Gigantopithecus teeth. hahaha Please don't take all my money you clever little man......:kissgrin:

Maybe you can use the cash you take off me to buy yourself a sense of humor? And while you're at it, buy yourself another Haterade for your buss ride home. You sound thirsty Sam....:mopper:

I don't need the link, thanks.
I get no thrill if I win or lose, so I don't gamble.
I never gamble, never, but this is not gambling, it is just me taking money from someone that thinks there might of been Cannabis in the Americas pre-1492.
Find any proof that Cannabis was in the Americas pre-1492 and let me know about it, until then I bet it will never happen.....

-SamS

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I don't need the link, thanks.
I get no thrill if I win or lose, so I don't gamble.
I never gamble, never, but this is not gambling, it is just me taking money from someone that thinks there might of been Cannabis in the Americas pre-1492.
Find any proof that Cannabis was in the Americas pre-1492 and let me know about it, until then I bet it will never happen.....

-SamS

prove it didn't?

its kinda like saying theres no missing link because they have not found a fossil yet. I thought archaeology was based on what was found rather than what hasn't been found.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Actually I said prove it was, not prove it didn't.
And I was joking but no one got it.....
-SamS

prove it didn't?

its kinda like saying theres no missing link because they have not found a fossil yet. I thought archaeology was based on what was found rather than what hasn't been found.

vostok

Veteran
As cannabis was proved to be in China ....years ago, then its possible, but remotely possible, that the first Indians(nth merican natives) bought it with them from Asia ...once they crossed the straight between Russia and Alaska, then down into the Americas ...?

this ain't rocket science just common sense ...?

its just fucking amazing they didn't ....?

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
As cannabis was proved to be in China ....years ago, then its possible, but remotely possible, that the first Indians(nth merican natives) bought it with them from Asia ...once they crossed the straight between Russia and Alaska, then down into the Americas ...?

this ain't rocket science just common sense ...?

its just fucking amazing they didn't ....?

There is no evidence it was in the Americas. They examine, identify and test every bit of plant material at dig sites. The scrape and test every substance inside of containers. They can take the stone weapons, swab it and tell you the exact animal that it was last used to kill with. Cannabis is a weed, if the native americans had brought it over and grew any amount the weed would have grew by itself and spread all over the Americas in the last 13,000 years. Common and scientific sense says cannabis wasn't brought over here. They also didn't bring smallpox and cholera with them. If they had, the Indian wars would have lasted well into the 1900s and they would own much more of the land.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
There is no evidence it was in the Americas. They examine, identify and test every bit of plant material at dig sites. The scrape and test every substance inside of containers. They can take the stone weapons, swab it and tell you the exact animal that it was last used to kill with. Cannabis is a weed, if the native americans had brought it over and grew any amount the weed would have grew by itself and spread all over the Americas in the last 13,000 years. Common and scientific sense says cannabis wasn't brought over here. They also didn't bring smallpox and cholera with them. If they had, the Indian wars would have lasted well into the 1900s and they would own much more of the land.

id be surprised if plant dna wouldn't survive on a blade. or around a dig site. at least not enough to be identified as a particular plant species. I do agree that It would have been growing wild everywhere in the usa if it had been there though.

vostok

Veteran
800px-Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.svg.png

I think the important question here is ...
Why didn't cannabis, in all its various forms, ever reach the Americas during its pre history?
1: as out first post indicates ..a blue eyed European was buried in a dry desert 2700 years Bc(e)

2: The Bering Sea is to have opened up 15000, years ago, making further immigration difficult, depends on what wiki page you read...?

either way I'd be strapping my bong/chillum to my pack with a little hemp rope..?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Cannabis is such an important weed that if it was in the americas pre-1492 don't you think it would have been used by many of the peoples there, for food, for rope, for medicines, for feeling good? Wherever cannabis was found they found pollen in lake sediments but zero found in the Americas, not one Cannabis pollen grain yet.
Also you would not have had a bong or chillum pre 1492, they did not exist outside the Americas, and if you were coming with Cannabis then you were not from the Americas you were coming from someplace that did have it, but not with pipes.....
Pipes were brought from the Americas post 1492 to smoke tobacco, also brought from the Americas.
Remember just because something is possible does not mean it has happened. Proof of some sort is required, where is the proof for Cannabis in the Americas pre-1492? just common sense ...?
-SamS

Last edited:

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
If a big part of "common sense" is that people with knowledge and past use of cannabis would carry it with them across the land bridge to the Americas then recent theories would debunk that part of "common sense". It was not a small bridge but a huge area of sub-arctic land connecting America to Siberia. Evidence now suggests that the nomadic tribes spent thousands of years living in this "game rich" area before any of them actually bothered to cross into what is now America. Thousands of years is enough time for small hunter gatherer societies, with no written history, to forget many of the "old things", especially plants that don't grow where they live. It's also interesting to note that Alaskas Eskimos and Indians have absolutely no past history of use of any psychoactive substances. They wouldn't touch a mushroom to save their lives from starvation. It's only when their relatives reach southern North America that evidence of psychoactive substance use turns up.

vostok

Veteran
Thanks both of you...I'm just saying I'm struggling with the fact that India and China were toking for thousands of years, so that when it came time for humanity for what ever reason to drift north(east) ...the Icmag crew said screw that and preferred not to go ....too chilled ...I suppose ...lol

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Well that is part of the problem, that you believe that India and China were toking for thousands of years, where is any proof that smoking was used to consume cannabis? And by smoking I am not counting the Scythians they did "smoke" by placing tops on hot embers and sitting under a tent with them, a sort of steam bath with smoke. It is not know if this was for just for religious soothsayers or maybe used by more of the population.
Common knowledge is unreliable, every farmer I talked to in India said papayas were grown in India for thousands of years, but they were introduced after 1492, with corn, potatoes, sunflowers seeds, avocado, tomatoes, peppers, pineapples, coca, cocoa, maple syrup, rubber, vanilla, tobacco, and a whole lot more from the new world after 1492.
But they had no pipes, pre 1492 outside the Americas, a pipe was reported found with Cannabis remains in Ethiopia a dated a few hundred years earlier, they claim to have found THC, but THC is not found in ancient remains, THC delta 8 is the THC artifact sometimes found in ancient remains, they say they found THC.... Makes me wonder if they got their science correct. That and the analysis is with TLC, not GC or HPLC. TLC is for jokers not real scientists.
-SamS

Thanks both of you...I'm just saying I'm struggling with the fact that India and China were toking for thousands of years, so that when it came time for humanity for what ever reason to drift north(east) ...the Icmag crew said screw that and preferred not to go ....too chilled ...I suppose ...lol

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
earliest evidence of cannabis smoking via pipe/rolled paper?

Not exactly sure, but post 1492 tobacco was being smoked around the world also as snuff. As soon as tobacco smoking was introduced to an area it wasn't long before Cannabis was being smoked, via pipes, and in cigarettes.

In the beginning of the 16th century, beggars in Seville, Spain developed the first paper-rolled cigarettes when they collected discarded cigar butts, shredded them, and rolled them in scraps of paper.

http://www.madehow.com/Volume-2/Cigarette.html

Latest posts

Latest posts