What's new

The Ol' Moldy Trim into BHO Question

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the quick response as always Gray Wolf.

Could winterizing with Everclear be a way of removing any filaments and spores?

We usually filter to 0.2 micron after winterizing. The 11 to 20 micron filters that we use for winterizing, are too coarse.

jump /injack

Veteran
Could you use the moldy cannabis for topicals? What would 28 or 29 minutes do to aflatoxins in a pressure cooker thats 250 degree's or are they like Vampires and never die? A lot of people don't ingest but use it for arthritis and other such afflictions. The .02 micron filters are on EBAy, do they last, are they washable.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Could you use the moldy cannabis for topicals? What would 28 or 29 minutes do to aflatoxins in a pressure cooker thats 250 degree's or are they like Vampires and never die? A lot of people don't ingest but use it for arthritis and other such afflictions. The .02 micron filters are on EBAy, do they last, are they washable.

Some folks can have a Type 1 allergic reaction to Botrytis, spores and filaments, even without aflatoxins. We either take it out, or pitch the material.

Don't know how to break down the aflatoxins.

The 0.2 microns filters can either be found with a permanent holder and replacable membranes, or throwaway cartridges.

Haven't seen any washable and recyclable 0.2's.

vapeman24

Some folks can have a Type 1 allergic reaction to Botrytis, spores and filaments, even without aflatoxins. We either take it out, or pitch the material.

Don't know how to break down the aflatoxins.

The 0.2 microns filters can either be found with a permanent holder and replacable membranes, or throwaway cartridges.

Haven't seen any washable and recyclable 0.2's.

What are you're thoughts on the quote I posted from the journals and the chemist? Maybe I am completely misunderstanding, but it seems as if though you can leave the aflatoxins in the source material if you use an organic solvent. So would winterizing with ethanol do anything to the aflatoxins, or would they just stay in the material?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What are you're thoughts on the quote I posted from the journals and the chemist? Maybe I am completely misunderstanding, but it seems as if though you can leave the aflatoxins in the source material if you use an organic solvent. So would winterizing with ethanol do anything to the aflatoxins, or would they just stay in the material?

The unanswered question, is "would the presence of non polar aromatic hydrocarbon cannabinoids affect the rate that the ethanol absorbed the aromatic hydrocarbon aflatoxins", and since the cost of being wrong is high, I want to see empirical tests done on cannabis.

vapeman24

The unanswered question, is "would the presence of non polar aromatic hydrocarbon cannabinoids affect the rate that the ethanol absorbed the aromatic hydrocarbon aflatoxins", and since the cost of being wrong is high, I want to see empirical tests done on cannabis.

I posed your question to the organic chemist I was communicating with and his response was:

You say yourself that you can concentrate the toxins in the source material during extraction, this is probably correct and I do not believe it when your colleague tells you that they will dissolve in THC.
I am a fully trained organic chemist and have been so for many years, so I know something of what I have written and read so far.

Unfortunately he was not able to provide any further assistance because he did not want to violate his forum rules, which I understand.

Latest posts

Latest posts