What's new

The OG Pic Gallery an attempt at documenting every legit OG out there pics only!

ELBURRO

Sfv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13

true grit

Veteran
I'll take a moment here... Top-feeding IS like making a tea, each time you water. ;) But there ARE methods to make sure this works right, and the methods are very obvious and simple. :)

My whole thing with organics is... They are still nutrients. If the soil is overloaded with so much organic material that there's still lots in the medium at harvest time... well... even though the organic nazis say the nutrients available won't effect the quality of the smoke, I call error! Some of the most disgusting weed I've ever smoked was NEVER fed during the lifetime of the plant, because the grower used such rich soil. My method depends on an organic soil that runs out of most of the rich nutrient present in the soil BEFORE harvest. This allows me to simply feed the biology in the soil from the top, control which NPK value is available to the plant, AND VERY IMPORTANTLY... to deny organic matter for several weeks as the plant begins to slowly yellow up and allow ONLY the actual aromas and flavors the plant brings to the table... NOT the plant's smell AND that "something else" in the scent. That something else is almost always a sign that you are gonna harvest harsh smoke. Gotta run... later. cc

Like a tea? Sorta i suppose with less biology and break down. Totally agree with over doing it in organics though. Mixing soil mixes ive definitely had batches that were too strong for plants and left a murky flavor- never anything as bad as you said but needed more flush for sure- or a plant that ate more lol.

Have some ladies in 3g's that will run out early so already started top dressing with guano at rates suggested but still curious to hear the ways youve found this most effective.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
grit... yes, it's like making a tea with each watering... but you have to add a shot of water to wet the organic stuff on the surface, then wait a few minutes. When you go back to finish the watering, the organic material will have had a few minutes to get wet and be ready to release the goods to the soil. This is, perhaps the most important aspect to understand with this method. I use about a tablespoon or two per week of various organic material as a top-fed nutrient source. The NPK values are tailored by you, obviously. My base nutrient is a 11-12-7 seabird/bat guano pellet... but when I don't need so much N, I go with a more appropriate NPK value. And... I use a couple tablespoons of compost in the same way, but only every couple/few weeks. This compost on the surface helps the rest of the process GREATLY, both as a biological catalyst and as a mulch, sort of. It keeps the guanos encased in compost, keeping it covered and wet longer... so it can keep releasing those organic nutrients to the plant. If all goes well... there will be a very thick mat of roots at the surface of the soil in just a few weeks.

Deny them food until they are starved enough for a clean harvest. And check this out... If you find they are not using all their food fast enough during the flush/pre-harvest starvation period, you can simply SCRAPE the organic material off the top of the soil and effectively cut them off from any more food. ;) AWESOMENESS.

This is THE simplest way I've ever grown cannabis... and it yields MASSIVE amounts of the very finest herb I have ever experienced. ;) Shhh. don't tell everybody! :) cc

true grit

Veteran
CC- Definitely makes sense to me! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Usually i just use guanos either in the dry mix or teas, which like i said before leaves available amount kinda up in the air. I really like the idea of direct application at the rates I prefer, thanks for adding the extra tips for availability.

Ive started apps already on testers in 3g's, so looking forward to seeing how it progresses. You might have made might re-amending used soil a little bit easier to deal with. Also saw your composting thread- really awesome concept keep me posted how it goes. Appreciate the info/help again, have a great weekend

Druna

So what do you og heads think of og #18 from reserva privada ?
Im from northern europe so i cant get my hands on any clones or bud to compare to the 18.
I have her in veg now and from what can see from here she is very similar in stretch and the uniform the plant puts on. Last run i did Kosher Kush and this was straight fire, kinda sour,lemony and fuelly, in that order and the taste was actually more intense than the smell. Dont get me wrong, when i opened a jar the smell hit me in the face and lingered a little but not long enough for my taste.
Would be awsome to compare the phenos i get to the real cuts !

Justis

I run og 18 an it is the bomb. Extremely stinky as in a gram in the pocket in a bag will make the whole room stink an if you go into a store it will be smelled. Taste is very nice minty sweet funk with a great after taste an coats your throat. I only had a single seed as a freebie with a order so I can only imagine what it's like to dig threw all the phenos. Oh an it finishis a little quicker than say my skywalker og. Hope that helps

Mtn. Guerrilla

I noticed I have not put any pics in this thread although I thought for sure I had. This is the True OG cut. She went 70 days and yielded 10 ounces from 3.5 gallons of coco dtw. I won't lie, she was vegged a long time, maybe 90 days or so, don't really remember an exact number.

This was my first grow with her and I thought a 54" tomato cage would support her lol. I learned a bit on this grow.

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Looks exactly like my cut. Long ass, floppy stalks...a shit ton of them though...done in 68-72 days. Mine don't like much more than around 900 ppm.

Anyone have any tips or advice on getting og kush clones to root? I always struggle to fill my trays with og because i cant get as many as i need to root.. Best sucess lately is rockwool cubes and a heating mat set to 80 or so.it comes out really nice but i never have enough to share. Running sfv, louis13, and diablo. Please help!